70s disco party

luvalot

Okay so I really want to dress up for this (actually hubby and two boys as well) but I'm wondering for those who have done it in the past...what do people wear? Hippie or just disco? I can't believe I'm posting pics of myself but I'm stuck between these three outfits. Are the muted and orange one too hippie/non disco? We are on Liberty end of the month.

c3de71eb7d64b5d07b5ee8cb0b805b5e.jpg

a39d1c387bda16c8bdbdcbad8040b51c.jpg

b953ca1c46c7f71f036aea2fc452d4e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I vote for #2, the brighter the better, it's all about having fun. You might want to bring along glow-in-the dark bracelet/ring/glasses etc from a discount store. Those type items are more expensive to buy on-board. On Oasis, there was a 70's street party and the

"Village People" impersonators were tossing light-up rings etc into the crowd - and believe me it was very crowded. :-)

Edited by CaribCruiser54

We ALWAYS being disco wear for 70s night. On the recent Harmony TA we were told by Abe that Royal has decided to change 70s to 90s. We were pretty upset as 90s music pretty much sucked!

I will admit that we have be one of the few couples that dressed up on 70s night.......

We did get to use our Halloween costumes and white gear on Harmony though.

By the way....3 is the best!

Edited by Beachammo

Hippie and disco both work. Last year on the Oasis, my wife and I cruised with two other couples and we all dressed up. Some disco, some hippie. It was great. RCI dancers dancing with us, people taking photos with us, etc... was a lot of fun.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

We had a great couple at our MDR table a few cruises ago who had brought outfits for almost every evening. They did a great Saturday Night Fever white suit for him, and gold lame low-cut dress/afro for her. While there are Village People characters on the cruise director's staff, most of those in costume were SNF rather than hippie-type.

It is a very festive atmosphere, so dressing up will not be out of place at the party.