Pearl refurbishment

Treacher1

We are sailing the Pearl in March - one thread said Pearl will be refurbished in Feb 2017 and another thread said sometime in the fall in 2017. Does anyone know for SURE and what will be done? Any information appreciated!

The latest update on the NCL website says "Spring 2017"

I just saw a super cheap 4 day cruise on NCL Pearl; Miami to Jamaica and back for $99 pp for an inside and $179 for a balcony! The catch is it leaves this Sunday. :cool:

How and/or why is it sooo cheap?!? Anyone know? I'm thinking to surprise the DH and book!!!!

Just off the Pearl last Friday and February is the date we were given. The sooner, the better as the poor girl is tired (although it was kind of cool to see the old-school Cagney's chairs and the round, velvety banquettes in Le Bistro!).

Tracy

I'm looking at maybe taking the Pearl in April through Jamaica. The one thing I seem to notice is that this ship doesn't have as many of the outdoor spaces that the Getaway has. For example the big area on the back of the boat seems to be inside instead of outside. Not sure if you were in the Caribbean, but what are your thoughts on this?

I'm looking at maybe taking the Pearl in April through Jamaica. The one thing I seem to notice is that this ship doesn't have as many of the outdoor spaces that the Getaway has. For example the big area on the back of the boat seems to be inside instead of outside. Not sure if you were in the Caribbean, but what are your thoughts on this?

The Great Outdoors area is aft. One of the best outdoor spaces of any NCL ship.

I've been depressed for the last 2 days bc of losing out on this cruise. Well, this morning, something told me to check and lo and behold, I scored the last available balcony! Someone must have cancelled or got upgraded. I'm STOKED! Going to be a crazy 2 days getting ready. We sail on Sunday!!! :D

We ran into a deal on a 7 day Pearl for Feb 6-13th,'17 in an ocean view for $205. and booked 4 cabins. Anyway, the drydock is hopefully NOT while we are aboard.... :) This wasn't listed online anywhere--our NCL person called and told me about it. It wasn't even on the NCL site until the next day. Of course, it sold out within a day or so. Haven't been on NCL for a few years---Is the no soda's brought onboard really enforced? I normally take a 12 pack.

We ran into a deal on a 7 day Pearl for Feb 6-13th,'17 in an ocean view for $205. and booked 4 cabins. Anyway, the drydock is hopefully NOT while we are aboard.... :) This wasn't listed online anywhere--our NCL person called and told me about it. It wasn't even on the NCL site until the next day. Of course, it sold out within a day or so. Haven't been on NCL for a few years---Is the no soda's brought onboard really enforced? I normally take a 12 pack.

No bringing of soda on board, including water and juices.

We booked the same deal. I booked last Wednesday through the NCL site. Called Monday for an additional room for my daughter and the it was gone. Called NCL and they told me the date was sold out but our booking is confirmed. Looks like no dry dock for February. No other dates are available in February either.

Had no intentions of cruising in February, but for that price plus a $250 discount we needed to use... Almost cheaper than staying at home. :D

I just saw a super cheap 4 day cruise on NCL Pearl; Miami to Jamaica and back for $99 pp for an inside and $179 for a balcony! The catch is it leaves this Sunday. :cool:

How and/or why is it sooo cheap?!? Anyone know? I'm thinking to surprise the DH and book!!!!

Did you book it? How exciting!

We booked the same deal. I booked last Wednesday through the NCL site. Called Monday for an additional room for my daughter and the it was gone. Called NCL and they told me the date was sold out but our booking is confirmed. Looks like no dry dock for February. No other dates are available in February either.

Had no intentions of cruising in February, but for that price plus a $250 discount we needed to use... Almost cheaper than staying at home. :D

Who wouldn't!