Constellation in dry Dock May 2017

Beanb41

Well, not false, just poorly written.

Well if it is not false, someone better notifey the staff and contractors that are on the ship, since they are preparing to tear out Ocean Liner's next week. And replace it with Qsine. And get them out of their time warp, since the ship "just came out of dry dock" for a dry dock that has not occurred yet. :-)

Huh? You've just said that both Tuscan and Qsine will be in the Ocean Liners space.

They aren't. Tuscan is staying where it is and Qsine (and a bunch of new cabins) are going where Ocean Liners was located. That, at least, is what they told us on Constellation last week.

It looks like everyone is given different information.

However, Tuscan Grille on deck 3 at Ocean Liner´s current location and Qsine on deck 11 at Tuscan Grille´s current location would make sense since that´s the way all other Millennium class ships have it after their dry docks.

Edited by Miaminice

Well if it is not false, someone better notifey the staff and contractors that are on the ship, since they are preparing to tear out Ocean Liner's next week. And replace it with Qsine. And get them out of their time warp, since the ship "just came out of dry dock" for a dry dock that has not occurred yet. :-)

I'm not technically disagreeing with you. All I did was quote 2 emails sent by Celebrity in regards to my booking for Ocean Liners. I know it's not in dry dock as there is a thread form someone on the ship as we type. I still stick with my opinion that it is poorly written, either through misunderstanding of what is going on, or just lack of knowledge on how to address potentially awkward emails.

And on the basis that all this thread is so far based on hearsay, albeit via staff on board, until the official release of the work is issued no-one knows outside of Celebrity's management what is going where 100%. For instance, I'm sure I read that Tuscan Grille was moving to OL, the Qsine and more rooms being put where Tuscan was. You're saying different.

All I know is, I booked this restaurant for my Birthday as a treat, and I've found out via social media first and then an email written by a 3yr old that turns out not to even be the 'official' communication that they've taken money knowing what the plans were.

It looks like everyone is given different information.

However, Tuscan Grille on deck 3 at Ocean Liner´s current location and Qsine on deck 11 at Tuscan Grille´s current location would make sense since that´s the way all other Millennium class ships have it after their dry docks.

I'm on Constellation right now and asked a waiter at Tuscan about this last night. He said the plan was originally to mirror what was done on the other M class ships but sometime recently that plan was changed to keep Tuscan on Deck 11 and put Qsine where Ocean Liners is. He said it was a surprise to all of the staff when they changed that. If I was to guess why it was to save money or time during the dry dock. Now they only have to overhaul one restaurant venue instead of two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not technically disagreeing with you. All I did was quote 2 emails sent by Celebrity in regards to my booking for Ocean Liners. I know it's not in dry dock as there is a thread form someone on the ship as we type. I still stick with my opinion that it is poorly written, either through misunderstanding of what is going on, or just lack of knowledge on how to address potentially awkward emails.

And on the basis that all this thread is so far based on hearsay, albeit via staff on board, until the official release of the work is issued no-one knows outside of Celebrity's management what is going where 100%. For instance, I'm sure I read that Tuscan Grille was moving to OL, the Qsine and more rooms being put where Tuscan was. You're saying different.

All I know is, I booked this restaurant for my Birthday as a treat, and I've found out via social media first and then an email written by a 3yr old that turns out not to even be the 'official' communication that they've taken money knowing what the plans were.

I agree completely that the email did not give me warm and fuzzies re: Celebrity's handle on the informaiton.

All I know is what we were told up to last week and all through the 30 days we were on Constellation. This was by numerous staff, including those who would be directly affected in less than 2 weeks. One is leaving the line because of the change. Many of the contractors and much of the material for the changes are already on the ship.

I guess they could somehow go back to the rumor (and that is all it was) that Tuscan would move to the OL space, but honestly, that would be incredibly stupid. Tuscan on Deck 11 is fully in place in a venue size that fits the concept (though still badly undersold). Qsine (which has less of a draw) plus cabins in all that space on Deck 3 makes sense. Knowing the ship well, I can't even imagine how they could put any cabins in the space where Tuscan is and still have room for a restaurant.

Save tha fact that now the 2 speciality restaurants are, at best, middling, I guess it makes sense in an odd way for Celebrity.

I'm on Constellation right now and asked a waiter at Tuscan about this last night. He said the plan was originally to mirror what was done on the other M class ships but sometime recently that plan was changed to keep Tuscan on Deck 11 and put Qsine where Ocean Liners is. He said it was a surprise to all of the staff when they changed that. If I was to guess why it was to save money or time during the dry dock. Now they only have to overhaul one restaurant venue instead of two.

Correct. And they will be adding cabins that none of the other M-class ships have.

So I think there is meant to be a press conference today confirming what they are doing, does anyone know the time of this?

Guessing the earliest it will be, will be 09:00 Eastern US time, so 14:00 UK time.

It doesn't "seem high" it is high! We had our 1 and only Tuscan experience on Connie. We had a considerable discount offered to us on board so we took it. We thought the room was lovely, the service was nice, but the food was no better than a slightly upscale chain restaurant at home. We have never gone back and don't intend to. We've been offered even better discounts since and haven't been tempted. If you are Aqua, I'd strongly recommend saving the money since you already paid extra for Blu and you'll get the ambience and service there.

Oh, I wanted to thank you for this advice. I'll pass on the $63 for a dry aged porterhouse at Tuscan Grille and stick with Blu. You're right. We already paid extra for Blu over MDR. That price wasn't just for the cabin. We'll try the specialties on our Alaska cruise on the Solstice next year when we don't have Aqua Class.

It does work, thanks for that. Looking forward to our cruise out of Barcelona on 31 July and after reading some of the negative reviews lately this really does help!

That's disappointing.

The tatty Sky Suites are still going to be tatty on 26th May. Also doesn't say how much they are going to charge for burgers from the new poolside grill (can't imagine they are going to be free anymore, Celebrity doesn't miss an opportunity to charge for something).

Absolutely nothing here for me. Glad we did our 30 days on the Constellation ending last week.

Qsine? Yuck. And replacing Ocean Liners. Travesty.

More shops? They're empty now. How many people can you gouge for an overpriced watch? Who wears a watch in this day and age anyhow, except to show off?

Burger Bar I would be surprised if not another pay venue.

MUTS (oops, A Taste of FIlm, LOL) is extra pay.

More catering to upper suites. Nothing to lower suites and the whole rest of the ship.

After almost 20 years and 250+ days on board =X= ships, they are rapidly slipping away from us. 9 cruises with other lines booked before our next Celebrity sailing. That has never happened before.

All of those items are now on the Summit. The Burger bar was pretty good. The rooftop terrace is nice. They did show some nighttime movies but the seating is limited.

Just my option but I think some nice padded lounge chairs with tables would've better than the large bulky limited seating furniture they are using. Really more like a sectional sofa.

One other thing

While on the Summit Captain Kate told us that Celebrity had committed to keeping the M Class ships for a while longer but planned to do dry docks every 30 months instead of 60 months on them. Might be to keep the pods in working order but also to keep updating the old gals.

We are going on Connie in October. Very disappointed that the new Top Deck Burger Bar is replacing the Mast Grill.

Assume it is going to be yet another speciality dining venue at an additional cost. I feel this will make the Ocean View even busier as not many people will want to pay extra for a burger at lunchtime.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of those items are now on the Summit. The Burger bar was pretty good.

When did they put the Burger Bar on Summit? All of Celebrity's current literature and deck plans shows the standard burger/hot dog area that has been there for 16 years.

All of those items are now on the Summit. The Burger bar was pretty good. The rooftop terrace is nice. They did show some nighttime movies but the seating is limited.

Just my option but I think some nice padded lounge chairs with tables would've better than the large bulky limited seating furniture they are using. Really more like a sectional sofa.

Don't think the new burger bar can be on Summit as the press release says:

"we are launching an entirely new culinary experience, Top Deck Burger Bar"

It's a brand new venue, so not on any other ship. It's is probably still the Mast Grill on Summit.

It's almost guaranteed to be another 'speciality' restaurant.

I think the previous poster was referring to the same old burger and hot dog bar that's been there for years and serves Sisco frozen burgers. I think the new bar will be like the GastroBar on Equinox, where the burgers are $11. About what I pay for a fresh ground, grass-fed beef burger raised less than 20 miles from here. And benefiting a local chef, staff and restaurateur. And I don't have to forego a free, perfectly acceptable meal elsewhere to get it.

I think the previous poster was referring to the same old burger and hot dog bar that's been there for years and serves Sisco frozen burgers. I think the new bar will be like the GastroBar on Equinox, where the burgers are $11. About what I pay for a fresh ground, grass-fed beef burger raised less than 20 miles from here. And benefiting a local chef, staff and restaurateur. And I don't have to forego a free, perfectly acceptable meal elsewhere to get it.

Exactly! So that gives us one less choice of restaurant included in our cruise fare!