Black card - DIVINA - Eately

marcoigna

Good day

Just to let everyone know - just off DIVINA - used our black status and went to Eately - no real special menu. U use the normal menu. U get choice of 1 appetizer or pasta dish - then a choice of main dish ( yes surf and turf included), personally loved the lamb chops - then a choice of dessert. Trust me, this is more than enough food. As both of us were black status we were able to take two of our friends for dinner as well at no charge. The meal was spectacular.

Only issue was as we were in the Yacht club - do I want to leave that amazing service for the evening.

The ambiance is fantastic in Eately. The so called plastic chairs are designer and very expensive. We have never been disappointed with the 3/4 times we have dined there.

Although no problem getting a reservation - the restaurant was quite full (more than normal)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that the perk on complimentary specialty dining for 2 for Black Card, or status match for Elite on Princess? Sounds encouraging.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, each black card passenger is entitled to a dinner for 2 complimentary in one of the specialty dining venues - so yes, if you do the elite princess status match with MSC, you will be Black Card Holders on MSC

Edited by marcoigna

Thank you for your thoughts on Eataly! If you don't mind, how would you compare the food quality between La Muse and Eataly?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

we found the food quality to be top notch at both Le Muse and Eataly - for us, it was just a change of pace to go to Eataly one night, and we were not disappointed...

Keep in mind, we opted to purchase bottles of water and also bottles of wine when dining in Eataly - therefore we also gave a nice gratuity as well -

I second what the OP is saying. We were on the same cruise in Yacht Club as well. I had read here on Cruise Critic about the set menu being a thing of the past so I asked the concierge and she gave me the menus for Eataly and Galaxy. Not the set menu card I'd been given back in August in YC on Divina. We were with friends who didn't want to leave Le Muse so we didn't try it; we will on our next cruise when we determine which evening's menu at Le Muse isn't our favorite... Must just add that when Marcoigna says they "opted" to purchase bottles of water and wine...that isn't just an option. No beverages of any kind, including tap water, are free with this Black Card perk. (Indeed, with any meal under any circumstances.) The concierge made that clear as I'm sure some people found that surprising. I'm assuming when YC goes all-inclusive next summer this will be different. Unless the all-inclusive is defined as bars and not restaurants....

........... Unless the all-inclusive is defined as bars and not restaurants....

From the MSC website:

From Summer 2017, unlimited beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in the each venue

We were also on the same cruise as helen and marco and ignacio, and you are now allowed to choose any menu item in Galaxy or Eately as black card holders. We found the food to be comparable to LeMuse, but enjoyed LeMuse and our waiter there and overall atmosphere better.

Other dining changes, menu has been streamlined to Appetizers, Entree and Dessert. You can however, order more than one of any group. Also the Sports Bar now offers free "bar" food (wings, mozerella sticks, etc) to anyone on board.

We also visited the main buffet (to try the pizza) and found a wide selection of foods being offered. For lunch there was pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs, salad bar, sandwiches, ethnic food including mexican, indian, and japenese, kids section with great popcorn shrimp, pastas and a carving board section, as well as hot vegetables etc.

Overall, we were very pleased with Divina's variety and quality.

Thanks for the post, will be on the Divina for New Years sailing and have the black card.

Posted above is Helen saying that you will be charged for anything you wish to drink in Eately. I thought I had read a thread about iced tea, water and the like being comp as on other cruise lines at the dinner table whether speciality dining, main dining room or buffet. Did I read this incorrectly?

• 2 weeks later...
Last month in Le Muse a steak from Eately was on the menu. I found it not as good as the steak that Le Muse serves.

We agree with you. We were on the same cruise (Hi Sherry!) as well as the next one. We thought Eataly was OK, but the beef tournedos in Le Muse were better than our rib eye and NY steaks at Eataly, in our opinion. For our second week we didn't bother to go to a specialty restaurant since the food in Le Muse is so good.

Caroline (and Michael)

i just read: in europe (preziosa) they stopped the free dinner for black card members and announced to the passengers concerned that there is a new level to be installed with new benefits (less for black obviously. )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We agree with you. We were on the same cruise (Hi Sherry!) as well as the next one. We thought Eataly was OK, but the beef tournedos in Le Muse were better than our rib eye and NY steaks at Eataly, in our opinion. For our second week we didn't bother to go to a specialty restaurant since the food in Le Muse is so good.

Caroline (and Michael)

We tried the Galaxy one night and found their rack of lamb was not as good as the same dish in LeMuse. When we sail again in 2017, we will not bother with a specialty restaurant.

Sherry & Harley

i just read: in europe (preziosa) they stopped the free dinner for black card members and announced to the passengers concerned that there is a new level to be installed with new benefits (less for black obviously. )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone who has sailed Europe recently confirm this?

I an on the Splendida in 3 weeks and was looking forward to this perk.

Lois