Bringing a laptop

widallas

So my son needs to do some studying over the cruise, and wants to bring his laptop. I am guessing the room safe in Royal Caribbean rooms wont be big enough to accommodate. Has anyone else brought a laptop? And if so, did you leave it out, lock it in your luggage...what worked? Thanks!

Edited by widallas
typo

I have a MacBook Pro and was finishing up a class so I needed to take it with me. I never put it in the safe, my laptop is password protected. As a family of 6 we have several devices 2 iPads, 2 cells, and a nook. I have never been concerned with them being taken.

Sovereign of the Seas 1998

Navigator of the Seas 2003

Carnival Magic 2012

Carnival Triumph 2013

Norwegian Jewel 2014

Norwegian Jade 2015

Carnival Freedom 2015

Coming up:

Liberty of the Seas April 2017

So my son needs to do some studying over the cruise, and wants to bring his laptop. I am guessing the room safe in Royal Caribbean rooms wont be big enough to accommodate. Has anyone else brought a laptop? And if so, did you leave it out, lock it in your luggage...what worked? Thanks!

I store the laptop in one of the cabinets, usually above the safe.

I feel it's safe in the room, however I carry my laptop in a backpack, and when I put it away, I just keep it in the backpack and lock the backpack zipper, and place the backpack in usually in the small space between the desk and wall or sofa and wall. Usually keep it there anyway, but it also keeps it out of sight.

I always bring a laptop to transfer my digital pictures and movies. Once I set up the laptop and other devices...I don't move them or hide them and have never been concerned about them walking away

Sent from Psycho's iPhone using Forums

I don't worry about my iPad being secure any more, but I used to. I would bury it in the stack of my SO's shorts on the closet shelf, just to eliminate any temptation if the door to our cabin was open while cleaning. Easy and quick fix to leaving it out in the open.