When do you receive your cruise documents booklet?

chrismch

For our last cruise ours went to our TA and they changed their policy about shipping the documents - previously we had received ours via FedEx. Without telling us they shipped the docs via normal post to Switzerland and it took over 2 1/2 weeks for them to get here...causing all sorts of to-ing and fro-ing on the emails. Check with your TA to know exactly when and how they will be shipped!

This time around I will offer to pay for the FedEx!! Lesson learnt!

My cruise starts on February 2, 2017 and I got my documents yesterday. It was neat to come home to those as I expected them later.

Question - This may have been answered before but we have a PH3 guarantee and the bag tags just say Suite. Will we need to write our cabin number on them when we are assigned a cabin, get new ones at the port, or will Oceana send new ones in the mail?

Thanks, Julia

Question - This may have been answered before but we have a PH3 guarantee and the bag tags just say Suite. Will we need to write our cabin number on them when we are assigned a cabin, get new ones at the port, or will Oceana send new ones in the mail?

Thanks, Julia

If you get you cabin # before you leave then YES write it on the tags

If you do not have them when you arrive at the port the head porter will have a list with your number on it so write it on the tags then

My cruise starts on February 2, 2017 and I got my documents yesterday. It was neat to come home to those as I expected them later.

Thanks, Julia

Unlikely that they will have enough time to mail another set of tags to you. I just stick a piece of masking tape over the old number and write in the new number. They also have blank baggage tags when you get to the ship and the porters will write in the correct number if you prefer.

Hope you get a great cabin. I checked yesterday to see if my book had arrived but no luck.:)

We're two months out from our cruise. Part of the anticipation is reviewing our cruise booklet. When do they usually arrive?

We are on the same cruise, called our TA last week, they received the documents from O and they will mail them out. Did not received them yet.

This is our first cruise with O, already counting the days..

I've had mine for a cruise that is 42 days away for quite a while now, at least a month or so. I'd double check with your TA to see where yours is at.

I think I saw someone mention that they are sending them out sooner now that they don't list the Captain, CD, HD, etc. like they used to.

dont sweat it if you havent got anything.... you have your on line account you can print out a reciept, that ans a passport is all you really need in most ports. As for Bag tags they will have extras when you check in.... it very smooth and low key with 600 to 1000 passengers.....not like the 3000 to 5000 floating cities.....

Normaly 60 days out you get stuff I got in mid oct. docs for Jan cruise... I leave them at home and take a copy of of the reciept page and luggage tags.....

I have a Guarantee on a PH1 that leaves on Feb. 12. I never had a Guarantee before. I have always known my cabin # when I booked, but I always booked over a year pre-cruise. My TA contacted O and they said that it can take until departure to know the # of our suite. I'm too loopy for this. I like to know all my info. Does anyone know who the CD is on the Feb. 12 sailing of Riviera? When did they stop putting that information into the booklet? It's been a few years since our last cruise.

I have a Guarantee on a PH1 that leaves on Feb. 12. I never had a Guarantee before. I have always known my cabin # when I booked, but I always booked over a year pre-cruise. My TA contacted O and they said that it can take until departure to know the # of our suite. I'm too loopy for this. I like to know all my info. Does anyone know who the CD is on the Feb. 12 sailing of Riviera? When did they stop putting that information into the booklet? It's been a few years since our last cruise.

That is why I never book a GTY ..I like to know where I am sleeping ;)

It must have been at least a year or there about since they stopped including the senior Officers etc in the booklets

That is why I never book a GTY ..I like to know where I am sleeping ;)

It must have been at least a year or there about since they stopped including the senior Officers etc in the booklets

I absolutely agree with you, but I booked on a Wait List, which I have never done before. I just assumed that it would clear or not but never expected a GTY. We live in South Florida, so I have no problems with plane reservations. Just about every Suite from PH3 to Owners is on Wait List. Is this just poor management not being able to assign cabins and just hoping someone cancels so they can assign one to you?

I absolutely agree with you, but I booked on a Wait List, which I have never done before. I just assumed that it would clear or not but never expected a GTY. We live in South Florida, so I have no problems with plane reservations. Just about every Suite from PH3 to Owners is on Wait List. Is this just poor management not being able to assign cabins and just hoping someone cancels so they can assign one to you?

It's a PH1, I don't see how it could be in a bad location.

Is this just poor management not being able to assign cabins and just hoping someone cancels so they can assign one to you?

In point of fact the Cruise Line is abiding by the terms of the agreement which you chose to strike up with them.

If you are dissatisfied, it is really with yourself for signing up for the Wait List without understanding what you were buying into.

If you booked this through an Agent, you and they need to rethink the way that you communicate.....if you booked alone, you might want to rethink using an Agent. :o

Is this just poor management not being able to assign cabins and just hoping someone cancels so they can assign one to you?

Hi Joan...this won't answer your which Ph1 room question but post number 5 in the attached thread is a well written, accurate description of the process. There are any number of past cruisers that have been in your situation. Many have offered via other CC threads the O space management is in fact a well thought out, well managed process. Does it allow everyone the specific room answer you seek at all times through out the process, no. However, it does result in satisfaction of guarantees, etc by cruise date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306126

John...see you on Riviera 2/12

In point of fact the Cruise Line is abiding by the terms of the agreement which you chose to strike up with them.

If you are dissatisfied, it is really with yourself for signing up for the Wait List without understanding what you were buying into.

If you booked this through an Agent, you and they need to rethink the way that you communicate.....if you booked alone, you might want to rethink using an Agent. :o

Not nice, guys. This is my seventh O cruise and I always looked forward to your comments and got some good information. This post is a slam from you and is far from typical of your comments. By the way, it was the GTY not the Wait List I was questioning. I am intelligent enough to figure that one out.

Not nice, guys. This is my seventh O cruise and I always looked forward to your comments and got some good information. This post is a slam from you and is far from typical of your comments. By the way, it was the GTY not the Wait List I was questioning. I am intelligent enough to figure that one out.

Always assumed we knew what Guarntee and Wait list were...

Heck I thought a wait list was like a guarantee... and when the axe fell you were going to get on.

It never dawned that you were in a lottery, and not everyone wins... and that if you do "win" your going to get a different price/terms/ OBC etc than you anticipated.

Guarantees can be a good thing... a very good thing if your both flexible and open. While it is nice the know your cabin, there are very, very few cabins that are really that much better... Too it is from the rare ( they are getting rare) guaranty lists than move over and move down offers seem to come from.... and those can me mind-blowing offers to your benefit.....

I just think Jim and Stan were reiterating our need to never assume what we know until we read the contract we sign... I did not take it as a slam, but a reminder to everyone . Know the terms of what you are buying.