Drying swimming trunks/ bathing suits in cabin

cruzgryphon

There's a string in the shower that you could use to dry the bathing suit. Most of the time we place our wet stuff on chairs in the balcony.

Someone is going to tell that is not allowed, but I've been doing it for many many years. On the Oasis class, some Pax place their bags in the CP balcony.

Just wondering what are effective ways to dry one's swimming trunks/ bathing suits in your cabin (cabin with balcony)?

Depends on the ship you are sailing, but some of them have a clothes line in the bathroom to hang things to dry. We have found that things dry better out in the cabin though, nearer to the a/c unit. If we know we are going to be swimming a lot, we will bring two bathing suits, so we will have a dry one to put on while the other dries. Rolling the bathing suit in a clean towel will get out the excess water prior to hanging it to dry.

There's a string in the shower that you could use to dry the bathing suit. Most of the time we place our wet stuff on chairs in the balcony.

Someone is going to tell that is not allowed, but I've been doing it for many many years. On the Oasis class, some Pax place their bags in the CP balcony.

The reason it is not allowed is because cigarette ash could land on the clothes and start a fire. This is what caused the fire on a Princess ship several years ago.

We always take at least two each.

While the ones we have worn have been hand washed and are drying out (after having been squeezed out good on a towel) on the line in the bathroom, we find they are almost completely dry the next morning and put them to finish up in our cabin close to the a/c.

LuLu

We always take at least two each.

While the ones we have worn have been hand washed and are drying out (after having been squeezed out good on a towel) on the line in the bathroom, we find they are almost completely dry the next morning and put them to finish up in our cabin close to the a/c.

LuLu

Also recommend taking 2 suits and rolling in a towel. I take it one step further ( yes pun intended) by laying the rolled towel on the bathroom floor and than walking over it to get even more water out.

On a side note I too miss Sitmar !!! My first cruise that got me hooked on this vacation style was on Sitmar back in the 70's when 20 something's weren't really a big part of the market.

Definitely towel dry first...then hang on a hanger from the air vent in the cabin. It will dry MUCH faster than in the bathroom! Or, after your last dip, hop in the shower on the pool deck IN your suit...rinse off...let it dry ON you...then it will be less than damp by the time you head back to the cabin!

Edited by cb at sea

Also recommend taking 2 suits and rolling in a towel. I take it one step further ( yes pun intended) by laying the rolled towel on the bathroom floor and than walking over it to get even more water out.

On a side note I too miss Sitmar !!! My first cruise that got me hooked on this vacation style was on Sitmar back in the 70's when 20 something's weren't really a big part of the market.

Thanks for the great suggestion of also walking on them to get even more water out! :)

Yes, like you, we'll always miss Sitmar!!!

LuLu

We wring the bathing suit or trunks out, roll them in a towel to get out even more moisture, and put them on a hanger. Then we hang the hanger on a hook in the room, on a door knob or anywhere there is good air circulation. We do this with undies as well and everything is usually dry in a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828