Drying swimming trunks/ bathing suits in cabin

cruzgryphon

I take a couple of pieces of string (one for each chair). Tie on one end and then thread bathing suits or whatever and then tie the other end. Don't have to worry about clothes pins popping off. Pieces are secure. By tying the string at the back of the chair you can still use it without getting damp.

Edited by tomko2

A lot of people are recommending the line in the shower - a lot of the ships don't have a line in the shower. Been on too many different ships to remember, but I don't think there is a line in the shower on the Oasis/Allure.

Easier to bring two suits and either clothespin to balcony chair or a coat hanger in the cabin and hang.

I was wondering if I would see anyone say that they use the balloon method suggested in the cruise critic article!

We bring 2 per person and towel dry / hang dry. I find that the fastest drying is to hang from the AC vent but this can interfere with a towel animal so choose wisely!

If it's early in the day on a bright sunny day and we are enjoying our balcony - it might also venture out there. We bring hooks for the walls as well - I think my daughters suits usually end up on those!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of people are recommending the line in the shower - a lot of the ships don't have a line in the shower. Been on too many different ships to remember, but I don't think there is a line in the shower on the Oasis/Allure.

Easier to bring two suits and either clothespin to balcony chair or a coat hanger in the cabin and hang.

We have done both on Quantum Class which does not have a clothes line in the shower. We also took a piece of string with us that could be attached to the piece holding the shower head and the soap dish.

I like to rinse in shower and use a bit of shampoo to clean. Roll in towel to remove excess moisture and hang on shower cord to dry. I always take 2 or 3 suits for a 10 day trip. I dislike putting on a damp suit and wash it after each use to get salt/chorine/or sand out!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have some strong magnets with a hook on them that we hang a clothes hanger on that we attach to the ceiling in the room. This way your things can be hung up in front of a window or balcony door to aid in drying. I would recommend wringing out your suits first so they don't drip water on the floor.

Not an issue, takes nothing to dry 2 thongs and 2 bikini tops.:)

LMAO -- I finally am thin enough to wear such garments however too darn old to even think about it.:eek:

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.:D

Kathy

My wife used the shower string to dry a black t-shirt. Worked very well, except the shirt had a white line everywhere the string touched it. Found out that cabin steward used bleach to "sanitize" the string. I liked the new white-line-design on that shirt - she didn't...

There's a string in the shower that you could use to dry the bathing suit. Most of the time we place our wet stuff on chairs in the balcony.

Someone is going to tell that is not allowed, but I've been doing it for many many years. On the Oasis class, some Pax place their bags in the CP balcony.

We put ours on the back of balcony chairs and never had any removed by the cabin attendant, We also have an elasticated washing line with suction cups on. That also works well,

Oasis had a couple of hooks in the shower. I missed the clothes line from other cruises. If we needed something to dry fast, we took it out in the sunny balcony when we were sitting out there.

Also sort of off-topic but we brought ziplock bags to put any clothes that were still wet when packing to go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we find that the bathroom drying line takes a long time so I like the idea of wrapping them in a towel first. Never thought of that.

We used the ledge along the window on our last cruise and it worked way better than hanging them in the BR.

On cruises where we have a balcony, we use the chairs for hanging our stuff on.

We also bring two bathing suits just in case. They are lightweight and pack easily (even with only bringing a carry on bag for the week.)

Depends on the ship you are sailing, but some of them have a clothes line in the bathroom to hang things to dry. We have found that things dry better out in the cabin though, nearer to the a/c unit. If we know we are going to be swimming a lot, we will bring two bathing suits, so we will have a dry one to put on while the other dries. Rolling the bathing suit in a clean towel will get out the excess water prior to hanging it to dry.

we do this too. Excess water soaked up by a towel and then hang on the provided clothesline. In the meantime, wear the second suit if going back into the pool or hot tub.

I just bring two swimsuits, at least. That way one is always dry.

For other clothes I too roll them in towels after washing and usually hang them in the shower; sometimes on the backs of the balcony chairs. They dry amazingly fast if you roll all the excess water out in the towels.

The reason it is not allowed is because cigarette ash could land on the clothes and start a fire. This is what caused the fire on a Princess ship several years ago.

That was the PRESUMED cause .... not a 100% confirmed cause. I get tired of seeing people post statements like this about that incident that were not conclusively proven by the investigation.

Incidentally, ashes do not start fires, as they are the final byproduct of burning, but glowing embers can.

Just clarifying, not being contentious.

I like to rinse in shower and use a bit of shampoo to clean. Roll in towel to remove excess moisture and hang on shower cord to dry. I always take 2 or 3 suits for a 10 day trip. I dislike putting on a damp suit and wash it after each use to get salt/chorine/or sand out!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, but take them off before putting the clothes line in the shower cubicle through the leg apertures and clip the end of the clothes line into the anchor point in the cubicle.

lol John

Edited by john watson