Choice Air ?

Banjo

I am in the process of booking my air for an upcoming Celebrity cruise with Choice Air.

My question is, if you use an airline credit card, which gives you 2x miles/$ & 1st checked bag free, do you still get those benefits booking with Choice Air?

Thanks,

Banjo

I am in the process of booking my air for an upcoming Celebrity cruise with Choice Air.

My question is, if you use an airline credit card, which gives you 2x miles/$ & 1st checked bag free, do you still get those benefits booking with Choice Air?

Thanks,

Banjo

Is the cost less through Choice Air?

First checked bag should be no problem.

Double miles very well may be a problem. Usually only good if you book direct with the carrier, which you would not be doing if you use ChoiceAir.

I agree. Mileage earned are subject to airline's terms & condition that includes manner of purchase

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the cost less through Choice Air?

It is.

I was looking at going to Ireland for a week when I arrive at Southampton on the Eclipse TA we have scheduled in April. Airline website prices have Dublin to Atlanta OW at $1700, Choice Air is around $350. Miles are 30,000 for that trip with $161 in fees, for $200 more, I'll save the miles since I am now retired and accumulating miles are now more of a challenge.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Double miles very well may be a problem. Usually only good if you book direct with the carrier, which you would not be doing if you use ChoiceAir.

Agree with this. Choice Air does not even guarantee that the flights they purchase will be eligible for airline miles.

It is.

I was looking at going to Ireland for a week when I arrive at Southampton on the Eclipse TA we have scheduled in April. Airline website prices have Dublin to Atlanta OW at $1700, Choice Air is around $350. Miles are 30,000 for that trip with $161 in fees, for $200 more, I'll save the miles since I am now retired and accumulating miles are now more of a challenge.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Wow, that is a great price. I wouldn't worry about getting miles or not!

We did a MSC cruise out of Southampton this year. We flew Icelandair, roundtrip from Chicago, and spent 4 days on the way back in Iceland, using their "free layover program"..It was GREAT!! I don't know if that is an option for you, but if you have time and they fly anywhere near you, at least consider doing that!

Have a great cruise!

...... Choice Air does not even guarantee that the flights they purchase will be eligible for airline miles.

We generally purchase domestic air and try to use frequent flyer miles for international tickets. But we have purchased one-way international air with Choice Air for three or four of our trans-Atlantic crossings, one trans-Pacific and one South American cruise. We have always received our frequent flyer miles for those Choice Air flights. We must have been lucky.

Wow, that is a great price. I wouldn't worry about getting miles or not!

We did a MSC cruise out of Southampton this year. We flew Icelandair, roundtrip from Chicago, and spent 4 days on the way back in Iceland, using their "free layover program"..It was GREAT!! I don't know if that is an option for you, but if you have time and they fly anywhere near you, at least consider doing that!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Dodger.

That looked like a nice trip you did in Iceland in conjunction with a cruise. A place I have on my bucket list.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did my Dublin-Atlanta plane reservation through Choice Air. A nice price compared to the airline website prices. Also, I did it on-line and they did have spot for entering your frequent flyer number.

One thing I could not do is seat selection. How did folks handle this in the past? Should I call Choice Air or the airline?

Thanks,

Banjo

Just did my Dublin-Atlanta plane reservation through Choice Air. A nice price compared to the airline website prices. Also, I did it on-line and they did have spot for entering your frequent flyer number.

One thing I could not do is seat selection. How did folks handle this in the past? Should I call Choice Air or the airline?

Thanks,

Banjo

You do it through the airline, at least in most instances. I booked an American Airlines flight to EZE online through Choice Air around five months back (about a quarter to a third the cost for First/Business than on the AA site with bonus of being Refundable!). I received a Choice Air confirmation email pretty quickly with the AA record number. I went on the AA site and had been assigned seats by American, which I changed. When Choice Air showed the same flight in October for $600 less each, I was able to rebook by telephone through Choice at the lower fare very easily and have the difference credited to my cruise fare minus a typical change fee (I could have received an actual refund had I wanted to). Other than making that change through Choice Air, my flights have been AA flights throughout. AA showed me as ticketed within 24 hours of my original booking, and every time AA has changed the flights, it has automatically rolled us over to the new flights, and I can change my seats at will if needed.

The proof will be in the flights themselves (i.e., should we have an issue) but, so far, doing this through Choice Air has been a great experience and a massive money saver. Have saved thousands of dollars and appreciate having refundable tickets, something that really adds up when you book directly with the airline.

Based on my experience you will not get the 2x miles or the free checked bag since you are paying Choice Air and not the airline. As soon as we booked our flight through Choice Air, the flight showed up on Delta's website just liked a flight booked direct with the airline. We could pick seats etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for responding.

Went on the airline website and got seats. Also, the airline has my frequent flyer # so I imagine miles will show up after the flight.

Made one mistake, should have booked immediately. When I looked about 3 weeks ago the Delta non-stop Dublin-Atlanta was listed. Waited till now and it was no longer listed. Have to transfer now through Amsterdam. The price of the non-stop flight was only $10 more which would have been a no-brainer. Not big deal but...

I had been watching an ATL to ANC then return to ATL from YVR flights for several weeks because we were not sure whether we would do more in the pacific NW after the cruise or come home and I missed some cheaper flights on the Delta website. Not sure waiting for the best price until a month or so out is the best advice when it comes to AK in the summer - we have seen a lot of hotels booked up quickly for some dates next summer already. Seat selection was still wide open on the flights we booked so perhaps air costs will come down later but I was not willing to take a chance with so many parts of our land trip plus the cruise pre-booked.

We are cruising Celebrity for the first time so I decided to try ChoiceAir and was pleased to find - not quite the same low fares I had seen previously - but a lower fare than I had been finding on my own. Website was not too bad for booking the flight and all the follow-up from ChoiceAir was good. The flights did not show up on my Delta Frequent Flyer page several weeks after booking (they had my FF number), but when I plugged in the Carrier Locator Number for the flights, it all sync'ed up fine for both my wife and my flights.

I always booked direct on the Delta website for vacation flights because we used miles - but are just about out of them now that I am retired so I was OK with ChoiceAir - at least so far - and would consider it again if we go on another Celebrity cruise.

I'm trying to look for fares for a cruise next November/December...but the choice air site is down or do I need to wait longer?

I see we are on the same Infinity cruise down the So American west coast next November.

Choice Air was up yesterday when booked the Dublin-Atlanta flight. Here is the link. Use the comparison flight link and you can shop the price:

http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do?brand=C

For the West Coast of So America cruise I am planning to use miles for my return from Buenos Aires to Atlanta.