Our 1st full suite cruise is almost here!

metairiegal

Finally! Our 1st cruise in a full suite is coming up fast. We'll be cruising on the Caribbean Princess for 13 nights over Christmas.

What are your favorite parts of being in a suite?

Any tidbits, or info on the ins and outs on the procedures/perks would be appreciated. It is almost cruising time and we are getting excited! :D

As you likely already know you can order anything from the MDR when they are up and running. Just be sure to be very specific about what you want. If you want salt/pepper for your eggs be sure to tell them that.

We eat at the late seating so we ordered a lobster meal to split on our balcony prior to the MDR dinner but neglected to say we wanted drawn butter with it. We called again and ordered the butter and it came fairly quickly but the lobster was of course cold by then. The butter they delivered was in a silver serving dish. Probably about 4 sticks of butter in it. We should have been more specific about the amount we needed.

So they will not only bring you whatever you want they will bring EXACTLY what you order.

The suite breakfast (in Sabatini's or Crown Grill or somewhere similar; ask "Stewart" for the specifics) is the bomb. If you want it, you'll have it on your plate in no time. Quiet and peaceful, it's oh so delightful.

Not that it's a true perk, but I'd highly recommend an Ultimate Balcony Dining one night (or more). We've done it once in a mini, and we're so looking forward to it next time when we're in a full suite.

Finally! Our 1st cruise in a full suite is coming up fast. We'll be cruising on the Caribbean Princess for 13 nights over Christmas.

What are your favorite parts of being in a suite?

Any tidbits, or info on the ins and outs on the procedures/perks would be appreciated. It is almost cruising time and we are getting excited! :D

Favorite bits: Breakfast in specialty restaurant with all the eggs benedict I can possibly eat. And if I don't make it there, full breakfast on balcony, with anything available at the specialty restaurant!

Second favorite - full dinner on balcony from MDR.

We thoroughly enjoy the extra space. We appreciate the second minibar set up (the one for being Elite, and then the one for being in a suite).

It's great have a wondeful time!

On disembarkation day, you can order room service and have breakfast on your balcony. Only full suites have the option for room service on the last morning since Sabatini's/Crown Grill is closed. Like everyone else, you still need to be out of the room by 8:00.

Hi,

The suite we had and the balcony were awesome I never wanted to leave the room

Loved the flowers

Wished our one housekeeper wasn't so busy He had many rooms to service, as well as ours

We cancelled the daily ice, snacks and candy Nice to have but not necessary for us

Wish you a happy time [emoji4]

Once you go suite, it will be very hard moving back down to anything else.

Its a bunch of stuff that makes suite cruising so nice. The double+ sized balcony (unless you have booked a window suite), with the real teak furniture and padded loungers. The bar setup (which you can modify a bit if necessary). The welcome glass of sparkling wine provided by your cabin steward (they are still doing that, right?). The options for daily canapes, afternoon tea, just about every regular menu item available in the MDR brought up as room service. Fresh flowers and fruit at embarkation. Oh, and the free laundry service, including dry cleaning. And suite passengers receive a free specialty restaurant meal on the night of embarkation.

Let's not forget the huge bathroom with jetted tub and stand up shower. The finish materials in the suite are nicer than a regular cabin, too. The bathroom is covered in natural marble or granite tile. The bathroom is also split in such a way that somebody showering doesn't have to be in the presence of somebody who is using the toilet, the bathing area is seperated from the sink/toilet.

Oh, and the storage. The walk-in closet is very helpful and the desk/makeup area is monstrous compared to a regular cabin. You'll find all kinds of drawers, nooks, and crannies to unpack into and keep the whole room all tidy during your cruise.

ginabab is right, the cabin steward has a lot of regular rooms to service in addition to the suite(s) in his work area, so he does seem a little overworked. In general, it seems like Princess assigns their friendlier or more chatty cabin stewards to suites, so you won't be disappointed. However, he isn't your butler (Princess doesn't offer butler service on their ships), so be reasonable with the requests.

If the ship has thermal suites at the Lotus Spa, you have access to those as a suite passenger at no extra cost.

Oh, and take a look on Princess's web site for their suite perks info sheet, that will give you a listing of everything you can take advantage of as a suite passenger.

Edited by jeromep

Back in the day we got a "free" upgrade from a mini to a Vista suite. It has cost me thousands since then because we don't cruise in anything less. It's a totally different experience when you are in an aft Vista suite.

Enjoy!

We just returned from our first full suite on the Regal. We did not get a welcome glass of champagne which we always get in our regular mini suite.

We only received one bar set up even though we are elite??? The special lounge was right across the hall and we were able to make dinner reservations though them. The orchids in the cabin and bath were delightful. We loved the breakfasts in Sabatinis. One morning I ordered room service breakfast before a tour and when I directed the waiter to put it on the coffee table he told me he had to put the tablecloth down first! We had empty drawers and closet for the seven day cruise. The shower was wonderful. We really enjoyed the suite life but have mini's booked for our next two cruises. Karen

Back in the day we got a "free" upgrade from a mini to a Vista suite. It has cost me thousands since then because we don't cruise in anything less. It's a totally different experience when you are in an aft Vista suite.

Enjoy!

I think the Vista suites are great. We have booked another for our next cruise and our last one was also a Vista. I thought about paying a little more for one of the amidships suites, but I just couldn't really understand why. It is memorizing to sit on the lounger and listen to the rhythm of the props and the white noise of the wake of the ship. It is very relaxing and soothing. Make a beverage at the wet bar and lay back. It is that simple.

Have some discounted cocktails with daily featured canapes at the PSE Lounge. Usually held at 5-7pm at the Skywalker's Lounge. For ships without Skywalkers, it is held at another lounge listed on the Patter.

My wife and I love visiting the lounge and partaking of the canapes and such that is offered. Again, a very classy, but chill atmosphere. The biggest issue is that you visit the lounge before dinner and you barely have room for dinner afterward.

We just were in the suite E733 on the Ruby and had a wonderful time. All of the things said before were great: breakfast every day in Sabatinis or the Crown grill. Dinner the first night in one of the specialty restaurants, same day free laundry, bottle of champagne on arrival in cabin, 2 bar set ups if you are elite, priority embarkation, special lounge for disembarkation, you are guaranteed your time that you want to get off the ship too, dining reservations for whatever time you want at dinner, also (this was news to me) when you tender you get to take the card sent to you in the cabin and go straight to the head of the line and get on one of the first tenders.

We also had a very nice breakfast on disembarkation day. We did not have to clear out the room until 8:30 so that was nice also.

ENJOY!!

My wife and I also are going on a cruise over Christmas time, however we did not get a suite :(. We do have a balcony though and we are going to still get pampered for a week :D so all is still good.

Hi Joe, if you cruise on my Rowboat I will let you have the suite. With free liquor and laundry service. The special breakfast will be at McDonald's sorry our chef is on vacation. LOL.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Its a bunch of stuff that makes suite cruising so nice. The double+ sized balcony (unless you have booked a window suite), with the real teak furniture and padded loungers. The bar setup (which you can modify a bit if necessary). The welcome glass of sparkling wine provided by your cabin steward (they are still doing that, right?). The options for daily canapes, afternoon tea, just about every regular menu item available in the MDR brought up as room service. Fresh flowers and fruit at embarkation. Oh, and the free laundry service, including dry cleaning. And suite passengers receive a free specialty restaurant meal on the night of embarkation.

Let's not forget the huge bathroom with jetted tub and stand up shower. The finish materials in the suite are nicer than a regular cabin, too. The bathroom is covered in natural marble or granite tile. The bathroom is also split in such a way that somebody showering doesn't have to be in the presence of somebody who is using the toilet, the bathing area is seperated from the sink/toilet.

Oh, and the storage. The walk-in closet is very helpful and the desk/makeup area is monstrous compared to a regular cabin. You'll find all kinds of drawers, nooks, and crannies to unpack into and keep the whole room all tidy during your cruise.

ginabab is right, the cabin steward has a lot of regular rooms to service in addition to the suite(s) in his work area, so he does seem a little overworked. In general, it seems like Princess assigns their friendlier or more chatty cabin stewards to suites, so you won't be disappointed. However, he isn't your butler (Princess doesn't offer butler service on their ships), so be reasonable with the requests.

If the ship has thermal suites at the Lotus Spa, you have access to those as a suite passenger at no extra cost.

Oh, and take a look on Princess's web site for their suite perks info sheet, that will give you a listing of everything you can take advantage of as a suite passenger.

As of 11/11/2016 on Golden Princess, yes the Welcome Glass of Wine was provided by my Steward. He also provided the Pre-purchased Gift Certificates to redeem through Room Service or at Vines-Teddy Bears, Playing Cards; Chocolate Boxes, Water Bottle and Mugs.

Sabatini's for breakfast was a delight-On the 1st day I showed my cruise card and was guided to a seat, provided with a menu, orange juice and water provided, offered my choice from a selection of pastries then my order of scrambled eggs was taken, prepared and delivered. The waitress offered more pastries and orange juice-pastries yes, orange juice I politely declined-too much can be a problem for me. I returned the next day, to be guided to a different seat which had a better view outside, and settled contentedly in to enjoy breakfast. I asked politely for another serve of their delicious scrambled eggs, provided and enjoyed.

The leather wallet was very useful to keep my Cruise Card and the folding map I was given at embarkation with me.

Laundry was useful-just make certain you lodge it before 9.00am, I was late so had to wait a day. No charge in a Suite.

Robe and slippers very comfortable. Toiletries in the bathroom GORGEOUS! Lovely big towels in the bathroom and a very good magnifying mirror.

I've already booked my next year's cruise-made the 1st payment with my TA earlier today.

I hope you enjoy your Suite as much as I did. Bon voyage!

It's really getting close now!

Couple of suite questions...

1. Will there be an umbrella in the suite? (I usually bring a small travel umbrella with me.)

2. Do we have to go by the spa on the first day to get passes for the thermal suite?

3. This 13-nighter is 2 btb cruises booked as 1.

Will we get a mini bar set-up on each leg?

4. What about the free specialty dinner on night 1 - do we get it on each leg or just on the 1st one?

Thanks in advance.

It's really getting close now!

Couple of suite questions...

1. Will there be an umbrella in the suite? (I usually bring a small travel umbrella with me.)

2. Do we have to go by the spa on the first day to get passes for the thermal suite?

3. This 13-nighter is 2 btb cruises booked as 1.

Will we get a mini bar set-up on each leg?

4. What about the free specialty dinner on night 1 - do we get it on each leg or just on the 1st one?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the suites have umbrellas

You go to the thermal spa whenever you feel like it. No need to rush there on your first day. On our Alaska cruise it was so nice to have this free unlimited access.

Sorry haven't done b2b

I agree with all the previous posts and would add a few things.

Print the pages on the princess website that list your perks. If you do not receive them automatically just ask for them.

For example, when we embarked out of SF last May no one realized that full suite passengers used the priority line.

Make your free specialty dining reservation as soon as you board for that evening. Just go to the restaurant of your choice. Be sure to tell them you are a suite passenger.

Our room steward has had trouble in the past getting us the MDR menus in a timely fashion. As we use this almost daily it was a bit frustrating. Just keep politely asking moving up the management chain as needed. No need to pay for UBE dinner you get the white table cloth and all the MDR food you want. Order each course separately if you want. Food is delivered surprisingly quickly to suites in my experience.

You will have a beautiful fresh fruit basket upon arrival and you can have it replenished with your favorites whenever you wish. You can also order canapés and afternoon tea service.

Make sure you mark your laundry Next Day. And watch your room account to make sure you aren't charged. Any errors are quickly adjusted. Use Princess at Sea app on your phone to keep track of your ship account, ship activities and to message friends. No need for wi if it's free just download the ap before embarkation.

Vista aft suites are the best experience and bang for the buck on the open seas.