Crew smoking on Epic running track deck

mblitch

It seems a poor design to have a crew smoking area at the end of an enclosed area of the running track where the turn around loop is located. Every time a runner gets there they have to go through a haze of the foul smoke. I'm sure the crew needs a place to do their nasty habit, but is a running track the place to do it?

untitled-282.jpg.dc22f5b45770d594f326f5b09aaf5eba.jpg

untitled-295.jpg.addb85c904bf1675f0d44eb78c046ea9.jpg

untitled-311.jpg.738cd657d0f1fa70c1540eb79083a08d.jpg

Edited by mblitch

Reminds me of the RCI Oasis of the Seas. There is a crew smoking area the deck immediately above the large fitness room, of all places. On our embarkation day, as we were checking out the ship, we were eager to see the fitness room (I do run on the treadmills during our cruises). As soon as we entered the fitness room we smelled strong cigarette smoke. We asked a crew member and they mentioned the crew smoking area the deck above. They assured us that once we got out to sea the wind outdoors would carry the smoke away and keep it from getting into the fitness area. NEVER HAPPENED. Smelled like smoke the entire cruise in the majority of the fitness room, again, of all places!

Needless to say, I didn't run on the treadmill that entire cruise. So I can empathize with the OP.

Dan

It seems a poor design to have a crew smoking area at the end of an enclosed area of the running track where the turn around loop is located. Every time a runner gets there they have to go through a haze of the foul smoke. I'm sure the crew needs a place to do their nasty habit, but is a running track the place to do it?

The Epic is an inward looking ship so NCL would prefer that you go to the gym. Another reason I prefer the Jewel Class ships with a full wrap around promenade deck.

Two choices:

Address it onboard or get over it.

Thanks, I was thinking something similar. I am neither a smoker or a runner, but I think some people are getting carried away with where people can and can not smoke. For heavens sake, the crew has to have someplace to enjoy a few minutes: Lord knows they work hard enough. I do think, if this such as issue it needs to be brought up directly to the management.

We noticed it when we were onboard, it was a bit annoying but it didn't spoil our cruise and we decided to ignore it rather than complain.

It's more the fact that there seems to be an unofficial smoking area within touching distance of a no smoking sign.