With Classic Drink Package - Can you order a drink with 2 liquors?

Susie B.

In every walk of life someone will look at an agreement or arrangement and try to figure out how they can get the most out of that arrangement, it's human nature, and most people if they're honest do it some extent. Particularly if they're dealing with a large anonymous organisation.

Who hasn't walked out of a shop at sometime knowing they've been given too much change - in the UK that is theft. The shopkeeper loses out and so puts his prices up and everyone pays more. Who hasn't returned an item they don't like and claimed it's broken to get a refund.

My wife and I both had a classic package on a recent cruise. If she didn't want a drink I'd sometimes get two for me and ask for them in the same glass, no one blinked.

One early morning I left my wife sleeping and crept out of the dark cabin for an early morning coffee. On arrival at Cafe al Bacio I realised I'd picked up my wife's card instead of mine. I handed it to them and just said (honestly) that I'd accidentally brought my wife's card - no issue.

If I order and pay for an upgraded steak in Tuscan Grill and I say to my wife, "this is bigger than, I thought help me out, try a bit" have I broken the rules, as she is now eating food she hasn't paid for?

Like the dress code these are Celebrity's rules, rules they themselves choose to ignore when it suits them. As long as someone else's actions aren't likely to affect the health, safety and well-being of my family and others I leave it to Celebrity to enforce those rules.

Celebrity is making so much money on the drinks - packages or direct sales (£7 for a small draft Heineken!) I doubt they care too much if occiaiosnally you swap drinks if it means you keep booking holidays with them

Amen for the voice of sanity

They must be making money because I saw an officer pay $2 for a coffee that is almost $6 before tip.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

In every walk of life someone will look at an agreement or arrangement and try to figure out how they can get the most out of that arrangement, it's human nature, and most people if they're honest do it some extent. Particularly if they're dealing with a large anonymous organisation.

Who hasn't walked out of a shop at sometime knowing they've been given too much change - in the UK that is theft. The shopkeeper loses out and so puts his prices up and everyone pays more. Who hasn't returned an item they don't like and claimed it's broken to get a refund.

My wife and I both had a classic package on a recent cruise. If she didn't want a drink I'd sometimes get two for me and ask for them in the same glass, no one blinked.

One early morning I left my wife sleeping and crept out of the dark cabin for an early morning coffee. On arrival at Cafe al Bacio I realised I'd picked up my wife's card instead of mine. I handed it to them and just said (honestly) that I'd accidentally brought my wife's card - no issue.

If I order and pay for an upgraded steak in Tuscan Grill and I say to my wife, "this is bigger than, I thought help me out, try a bit" have I broken the rules, as she is now eating food she hasn't paid for?

Ok, your first examples are horrible. Yes, they are lying and theft, and no, I haven't done those.

Everything else you listed is perfectly fine. You have 2 bev packages and ordered two drinks, or got a drink on the wrong card, but one that in fact you were entitled to. Or you paid extra for a large steak, you can finish it there, take the extra to go, or let anyone else eat the few extra bites.... you paid for it.

Completely different than having a package and ordering a drink to give to someone that doesn't have a package. A better comparison would be if you paid for specialty dining and asked that your wife be allowed to keep you company but not pay cause she isn't eating... and then let her eat from your meal. But have a feeling the waiter would catch that and charge her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly, you are 100% correct. Could not agree more. For the life of me I cannot understand why people are arguing about it. Pretty simple really. Some people need to calm their farm.

Actually it is 100% wrong. In the grand scheme of life it probably is not a big deal, but that does not make it within the rules. Would you go to an all you can eat buffet as a couple and eat one at a time. If you only have one plate and you take turns is this ok. After all, you paid for one plate and are only using one? Tweek this a little, what if the buffet was $25 per person but you could upgrade to $35 and it included lobster and filet. Can you just upgrade one person as long as only one of you has lobster on your plate at a time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by robsmom

Oh my! How has this gotten so judgemental? OP wanted to have 2 drink packages. 1 classic, 1 premium. Order 2 drinks, one classic, one premium. IMHO it doesn't matter if DH or DW drinks either one. Let's all chill out and dispense with the judgements! He is not murdering, marauding and pillaging!

Oh my! How has this gotten so judgemental? OP wanted to have 2 drink packages. 1 classic, 1 premium. Order 2 drinks, one classic, one premium. IMHO it doesn't matter if DH or DW drinks either one. Let's all chill out and dispense with the judgements! He is not murdering, marauding and pillaging!

I guess it would be ok in your eyes for a couple to share 1 drink package as long as they don't get drinks at the same time ?

I'm sure everyone deep down knows this is wrong but are justifying it because Celebrity makes plenty of money. I guess people who disagree with cheating are now judgemental and shouldn't express their feelings on a message if they don't agree with you.

I guess it would be ok in your eyes for a couple to share 1 drink package as long as they don't get drinks at the same time ?

I'm sure everyone deep down knows this is wrong but are justifying it because Celebrity makes plenty of money. I guess people who disagree with cheating are now judgemental and shouldn't express their feelings on a message if they don't agree with you.

I believe I said IMHO. If they only order 1 classic and 1 premium and each drink 1 drink, I honestly don't see a problem. You do. Enough said. I said nothing about a couple sharing a drink package. :rolleyes:

I believe I said IMHO. If they only order 1 classic and 1 premium and each drink 1 drink, I honestly don't see a problem. You do. Enough said. I said nothing about a couple sharing a drink package. :rolleyes:

2 people get the classic package free with booking. First person upgrades to premium because he wants higher brand drinks. That entitles that person to have as many drinks that fit within that package as he wants. The other person didn't and needs to pay per drink. This is absolutely no different than 1 person of the couple having a drink package and then ordering one drink at a time that they both use. Under your logic, they paid for one drink package and are only getting one drink at a time, right? Smh

You can justify it all you want, doesn't make it right. Realistically what will most likely happen is the couple will go to bar A and get the husband a premium beer, then go to bar B and get the wife a premium cocktail. That is sharing a package.

Where it becomes a problem, for those that don't see the ethical issue, is that the bartender could revoke both people's packages if they see the husband order the premium cocktail and give it to his wife.

Edited by sanger727

2 people get the classic package free with booking. First person upgrades to premium because he wants higher brand drinks. That entitles that person to have as many drinks that fit within that package as he wants. The other person didn't and needs to pay per drink. This is absolutely no different than 1 person of the couple having a drink package and then ordering one drink at a time that they both use. Under your logic, they paid for one drink package and are only getting one drink at a time, right? Smh

You can justify it all you want, doesn't make it right. Realistically what will most likely happen is the couple will go to bar A and get the husband a premium beer, then go to bar B and get the wife a premium cocktail. That is sharing a package.

Where it becomes a problem, for those that don't see the ethical issue, is that the bartender could revoke both people's packages if they see the husband order the premium cocktail and give it to his wife.

I most respectfully ask that you not explain what I think or mean. My post said it clearly. 1 classic, 1 premium orders 1 classic and 1 premium. Period. No visiting multiple bars or sharing a package.

Recently DH and I visited a local restaurant. DH ordered a dish with Cajun seasoning and when ordering asked for it to be not too spicy. The server assured him it would be mild as he requested. I ordered a less expensive chicken dish. When our meals came, he could not eat his meal. I switched meals with him since I have a higher tolerance for spicy foods rather than send his meal back. We paid for both meals. We tipped generously even though the server did not fulfill his request that his be less spicy. We did not cheat the restaurant or the server. We did not try to get anything free or even raise the issue, although we could have. I would never try to cheat anyone out of anything. If I order 1 classic and 1 premium drink with 1 classic and 1 premium package I fail to see any problem. I would never order 2 premiums in 2 different places. End of story.

I most respectfully ask that you not explain what I think or mean. My post said it clearly. 1 classic, 1 premium orders 1 classic and 1 premium. Period. No visiting multiple bars or sharing a package.

You said that you didn't see a problem with the husband ordering a premium drink for his wife to drink? Is that incorrect. If you were commenting on the husband ordering a premium drink for himself, i apologize. Otherwise I was pointing out the flaw in your logic.

Recently DH and I visited a local restaurant. DH ordered a dish with Cajun seasoning and when ordering asked for it to be not too spicy. The server assured him it would be mild as he requested. I ordered a less expensive chicken dish. When our meals came, he could not eat his meal. I switched meals with him since I have a higher tolerance for spicy foods rather than send his meal back. We paid for both meals. We tipped generously even though the server did not fulfill his request that his be less spicy. We did not cheat the restaurant or the server. We did not try to get anything free or even raise the issue, although we could have. I would never try to cheat anyone out of anything. If I order 1 classic and 1 premium drink with 1 classic and 1 premium package I fail to see any problem. I would never order 2 premiums in 2 different places. End of story.

I don't understand why this concept is being debated. If you purchase a item at a cost, you own that item and can do anything you like w it. If you purchase a cocktail at full price, you can drink it, give it away, or throw it down the drain.

If you purchase the right to unlimited beverages at a set price, that is a per person price, any scenario that leaves with you ordering a drink under that package that isn't for you is cheating the system.

I don't understand why this concept is being debated. If you purchase a item at a cost, you own that item and can do anything you like w it. If you purchase a cocktail at full price, you can drink it, give it away, or throw it down the drain.

If you purchase the right to unlimited beverages at a set price, that is a per person price, any scenario that leaves with you ordering a drink under that package that isn't for you is cheating the system.

Haha ... you are hilarious [emoji23]

You live in some strange bubble don't you. You believe everything politicians tell you, right?

Haha ... you are hilarious [emoji23]

You live in some strange bubble don't you. You believe everything politicians tell you, right?

Um, no actually. I'm a cop and spend my life upholding the law. I believe in following the rules and holding other people to the same standard. I'm sorry you don't.

Um, no actually. I'm a cop and spend my life upholding the law. I believe in following the rules and holding other people to the same standard. I'm sorry you don't.

Please don't arrest me when I confess in my last cruise where my wife and I both had classic drinks package, I would take her card and get 2 coffees but I would drink both of them ... my moral compass is so askew who knows what I might try next [emoji849]

Please don't arrest me when I confess in my last cruise where my wife and I both had classic drinks package, I would take her card and get 2 coffees but I would drink both of them ... my moral compass is so askew who knows what I might try next [emoji849]

And there's nothing wrong w that. You had a beverage that your plan entitles you to. This discussion is about having a beverage you aren't entitled to because someone else with the premium plan used it to get one for you.

And there's nothing wrong w that. You had a beverage that your plan entitles you to. This discussion is about having a beverage you aren't entitled to because someone else with the premium plan used it to get one for you.

As mentioned earlier our sommelier gave us premium wines and dessert wines (not in classic) every night ... was that cheating??? I was offered them I didn't ask???

Lol, you are a very patient person, trying to explain common sense, I, for the life of me cannot understand some people's thinking. I just can't get my head around it. Sheesh. :eek:

I think maybe some people have far too much time on their hands and the altitude gets to them, being on such a high horse. ;)

Good on you for trying, but i think it's like flogging a dead horse, speaking of horses. :D

To the person who originally asked the question, as it has got a bit off track.... yes, it's perfectly fine and majority of normal people who had 2 x different packages would do exactly that.. common sense.

Edited by tassie cruiser

Sanger and others write that if you purchase an item you can do anything you want with it, but that simply isn't universally true. Many things we purchase come with restrictions, many of them legal restrictions that should be upheld. I can purchase a copyright protected book but I can't reproduce it for sale. I can purchase a video but can't broadcast it.

I can purchase a full price drink and choose to pour it down the drain, but can't give it to my underage child to drink without violating the cruise contract. I can, however, give it to any adult, and I can purchase drinks for others. Note this says purchase, meaning that I'm not doing so as part of a drinks package.

When I purchase a drinks package it comes with the restriction which I agree to on buying it -- it is not to be shared. That's the core of this. It is for my use and mine alone

This is hilarious! I got sucked in and had to read the entire thread. My god how uppity some people are. It's a drink that cost a little more. You'd think we were talking about capital punishment or something.

I don't drink so it is no issue to me although we both get the package as a perk. I like the coffee, soda and unlimited water, etc...

I am so happy that we have Saints on these boards to spread their morality on others. These are people that have never rolled through a stop sign, driven over the speed limit, etc. These actions are actually against the law, not just some rule cruise ships have. But of course they never have so that gives them the right to judge others - lol

Keep going, this is entertaining.

...You can have martinis at the martini bar on classic but you have to drink out of a tumbler...

Actually, that's my preference anyway! I hate martini glasses because they spill way too easily. I have been known to request having my drink poured into a "real" glass instead.

Actually, that's my preference anyway! I hate martini glasses because they spill way too easily. I have been known to request having my drink poured into a "real" glass instead.

Each to their own, for me a martini is what it is because the vermouth has stuck to the glass- difficult to do in a tumbler.

More to the point it makes you feel like a schlepp being told what glass you have to drink out of ... just make it a small size and use the lower cost product to make the point that it is classic and not premium. Petty policy

This is hilarious! I got sucked in and had to read the entire thread. My god how uppity some people are. It's a drink that cost a little more. You'd think we were talking about capital punishment or something.

I don't drink so it is no issue to me although we both get the package as a perk. I like the coffee, soda and unlimited water, etc...

I am so happy that we have Saints on these boards to spread their morality on others. These are people that have never rolled through a stop sign, driven over the speed limit, etc. These actions are actually against the law, not just some rule cruise ships have. But of course they never have so that gives them the right to judge others - lol

I think this is why cops are not also judges.

When I read threads like this I shudder at the thought of jurys made up of members of the public. People who convince themselves they have never done anything wrong themselves, no understanding of human nature and if the belief that if someone is on trial "there is no smoke without fire".

Edited by DYKWIA