Turkey Itinerary Changes?

cruisinsouis

This past June , I really thought they would cancel our port stop in Turkey (Kusadasi). Fortunately, it was not cancelled and we were able to enjoy the area. The locals however all said there was about a 60% drop in port calls and it was hurting the economy.

CC recently had an article that other CCL cruise lines Cunard and P&O have cancelled all Turkey stops for 2017 so it wouldn't surprise me if Princess will do the same thing.

The US, UK & AU governments still have travel warnings to avoid traveling to Turkey for nonessential travel & cruise lines are wisely heeding those warnings.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7394

Edited by Astro Flyer

I would have no desire to visit Turkey at this particular point. There are a lot of other places to visit that are safer. It's easy to see why the cruise lines are cancelling the port stops.

We have just had an itinerary change for our cruise which leaves 30/09/2017

We have been to Kotor not right fussed to go again

ITINERARY CHANGE

Based on guest preference for alternative ports, we have made the decision to cancel our calls to Istanbul on Friday, October 6 and Kusadasi on Saturday, October 7, 2017. Instead, we will now call to Katakolon (for Olympia), Greece on Wednesday, October 4 and Kotor, Montenegro on Sunday, October 8. As a result of these changes, port order and call times have been amended. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

June 10, 2017 cruise just cancelled Kusadasi. Instead of:

Athens

Katakolon

Sea Day

Volos

Kusadasi

Rhodes

Khios

Athens

it is now...

Athens

Katakolon

Kotor

Sea Day

Mykonos

Rhodes

Khios

Athens

We are on the Royal for 28 days (May 27-June 24) and our schedule has been tossed around until it's no longer recognizable. Because of all the circling around, Volos Greece and Valletta have been cancelled! We now see Kotor three times and Mykonos twice. I am not complaining about the Turkey ports being cancelled, it's the Volos and Valletta ports that we really wanted to see.:(

We are on the Royal for 28 days (May 27-June 24) and our schedule has been tossed around until it's no longer recognizable. Because of all the circling around, Volos Greece and Valletta have been cancelled! We now see Kotor three times and Mykonos twice. I am not complaining about the Turkey ports being cancelled, it's the Volos and Valletta ports that we really wanted to see.:(

I'm on the following 28 days and I received an email today from my TA informing me that the same ports have been cancelled. That includes 3 port visits to Kusadasi (they previously cancelled Istanbul) replaced by three visits to Kotor.

April 23, 2017-Majestic Princess

ITINERARY CHANGE

Based on guest preference for alternative ports, we have made the decision to cancel our call to Kusadasi on Friday, April 28, 2017. Instead, we will now call to Kotor, Montenegro on Wednesday, April 26 and Corfu, Greece on Thursday, April 27. As a result of these changes, the call to Valletta on Tuesday, April 25 has also been cancelled and port order and call times have been amended. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification.

I understand about the change in the Turkey itinerary, but am greatly disappointed that Malta was also canceled. Guess we have no recourse.

April 23, 2017-Majestic Princess

ITINERARY CHANGE

Based on guest preference for alternative ports, we have made the decision to cancel our call to Kusadasi on Friday, April 28, 2017. Instead, we will now call to Kotor, Montenegro on Wednesday, April 26 and Corfu, Greece on Thursday, April 27. As a result of these changes, the call to Valletta on Tuesday, April 25 has also been cancelled and port order and call times have been amended. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification.

I understand about the change in the Turkey itinerary, but am greatly disappointed that Malta was also canceled. Guess we have no recourse.

If it is not yet final payment time, you do have recourse.

With the attempted coup on the Turkish President and the subsequent crackdown and imprisonment of many politicians and soldiers, it is not a good time to be visiting Turkey. Add to that the turmoil and war in Syria and Iraq, their neighbors, and the subsequent mass exodus from the war areas, not many of us are anxious to go there at this time. I am a little surprised it took Princess so long to make the decision. Hopefully the situation will resolve itself as I would at least like to see Istanbul.

This news just coming in.......

ISTANBUL - An explosion outside an Istanbul football stadium that wounded around 20 people on Saturday 12/10/2016 was a terrorist attack, Turkish Transport Minister Ahmet Arslan said on Twitter. Updated 13 dead.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Also disappointed in the substitution of Kotor when we are going there the following week. I don't think going there twice in one cruise is a good itinerary option. I do realize however that they had to substitute a non-EU port and that Montenegro or Albania look like the only options. Still very disappointed. We are not to final payment yet and I may rethink and look at other options.

Also disappointed in the substitution of Kotor when we are going there the following week. I don't think going there twice in one cruise is a good itinerary option. I do realize however that they had to substitute a non-EU port and that Montenegro or Albania look like the only options. Still very disappointed. We are not to final payment yet and I may rethink and look at other options.

Is your cruise a back to back? (2 7 day cruises?)

Edited by Colo Cruiser