DEC. 2016 update : HAL groups, charters and dry docks schedule

CJcruzer

• 2 weeks later...

Cjcruzer, I appreciate all the work you put into this. Some friends have expressed interest in joining us on our Sept 23 2017 Alaska cruise on the NA so I checked the website only to see almost everything marked "Sold Out". Only about 25 Verandah staterooms still showing available. I'm wondering if this could be an indication of a large group on board? Looking forward to your update and I understand RL getting in the way... no worries. Oh how interesting! Before I could finish typing 9 Neptune suites "popped up" as available!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if the Amsterdam is going into dry dock prior to the May 22 Alaska cruise? I had heard that it would go in after that one but today saw where it might be the week before. Thank you.

To the best of my knowledge the Amsterdam is not going into dry dock anytime soon. She is currently finishing the Grand World Voyage, then she does a Panama Canal, a Pacific Coastal, a 1-night hop from Vancouver to Seattle, and a one week Alaska from May 15-22. Then she does a series of 2-week Alaska itineraries for this year's Alaska season.

Does anyone know if the Amsterdam is going into dry dock prior to the May 22 Alaska cruise? I had heard that it would go in after that one but today saw where it might be the week before. Thank you.

After the World Voyage in 2018, she has an open space from Apr 28 until May 10th [both FLL] that I can't find any listing for and May 10th is listed as a PC transit on the way to Alaska.

That will probably be your drydock - done in Freeport.

After the World Voyage in 2018, she has an open space from Apr 28 until May 10th [both FLL] that I can't find any listing for and May 10th is listed as a PC transit on the way to Alaska.

Thank you!

To the best of my knowledge the Amsterdam is not going into dry dock anytime soon. She is currently finishing the Grand World Voyage, then she does a Panama Canal, a Pacific Coastal, a 1-night hop from Vancouver to Seattle, and a one week Alaska from May 15-22. Then she does a series of 2-week Alaska itineraries for this year's Alaska season.

From what I can decipher she will most likely drydock from April 28th 2018 to May10th 2018 possibly at Grand Bahamas shipyard in Freeport. This 12 day gap in her schedule is consistent in length with most HAL drydocks in recent times and over the next 12-18 months

Seabelle is on the Amsterdam this year, 2017, not next year, 2018. I don't see the Amsterdam going into drydock until next spring, as you report.

From what I can decipher she will most likely drydock from April 28th 2018 to May10th 2018 possibly at Grand Bahamas shipyard in Freeport. This 12 day gap in her schedule is consistent in length with most HAL drydocks in recent times and over the next 12-18 months

Thanks, but Seabelle is asking about this year, 2017, not 2018. The Amsterdam does the 14-day Alaska itinerary this year, and Seabelle is on the May 22, 2017 itinerary.

But it helps to know when Amsterdam will actually be undergoing drydock, so thanks for adding to my (limited) store of knowledge :-)

(And sorry, but I still haven't figured out the multi-quote feature on CC).

Edited by Old As Dirt Mom

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I can't find any sailing for Oosterdam from 19th March 2018 to 3rd April 2018.

She arrives into Port Everglades on March 19th and next listing is Transatlantic starting April 3rd. Could be a dry dock or a charter or two!

Oosterdam had a major drydock last spring.

Assuming that the cruise line would even be allowed to release publicly passenger information like that.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Releasing the name of a group is not releasing passenger information. There is no indication of even how many in the group or who will be in the group. What passenger information is provided?

Any idea of what will be done during drydock?

Releasing the name of a group is not releasing passenger information. There is no indication of even how many in the group or who will be in the group. What passenger information is provided?
The comment from Early March to which you were replying was in response to a comment, specifically, about the number of passengers in the group. We were not discussing releasing the name of the group.

The issue is with the size of the group and unfortunately neither the cruise line nor the group organizers wish to disclose that information.

• 2 weeks later...

Article in Travel Section of Los Angeles Times on Sunday, 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise will focus on topics that affect those with memory issues, appropriate for those with early or mid level dementia. On Nieuw Amsterdam departing Fort Lauderdale on Nov 11th. Reservations must be made through Kathy Shoaf, phone and email are listed. Article has more details.