DEC. 2016 update : HAL groups, charters and dry docks schedule

CJcruzer

I'm working on the Rollcall for the Westerdam March 30 ~ April 13 transatlantic and one of the CC members stated that a group called Friendship Force International (FFI) has a group of 60+. Checked out their website and they are booking trips for this cruise. Don't know anything about the group or actual # of members.

Charles

• 2 weeks later...
Koningsdam: 11 February 2018 - 18 February 2018: Eastern Caribbean: RSVP charter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's too bad, we're booked on the Feb. 14 cruise. I guess that will be cancelled. Will have to wait and see what else will be available. Thanks Boytjie.

Thank you for the time and effort in maintaining this list. I see the Inspirations Group is doing Alaska again this Summer. Quite a discussion on the boards last year on that topic. Had quite an impact on at least one of the cruises.

Hi,

I can't find any sailing for Oosterdam from 19th March 2018 to 3rd April 2018.

She arrives into Port Everglades on March 19th and next listing is Transatlantic starting April 3rd. Could be a dry dock or a charter or two!

Next time you update:

The "aviation group" (actually Cruiseflight.com) has changed their booking. They will not be on NA on 26 March '17. They'll be on Eurodam 7 Jan '18.

Thanks again for all you do to keep us updated with charters, maintenance downtimes, etc.

Potential Zaandam drydock - gap in schedule from March 2nd to March 14th 2018 in Ft. Lauderdale. Fits in with the 12 day drydock schedules of the other ships in the fleet that have gone to grand Bahamas shipyard recently or in near future.

Carol - gentle suggestion - when you next update the list could we have a separate header for suspected Drydocks rather than being combined in with Charters?

• 3 weeks later...

Great info--thanks for posting.

Is there any way to see how large a group is? I see that a "Wine and Food" group is going to be on the Noordam to Alaska in late May at the same time we will be. It's too late to do anything about it, so I can only hope the group won't be large.

Great info--thanks for posting.

Is there any way to see how large a group is? I see that a "Wine and Food" group is going to be on the Noordam to Alaska in late May at the same time we will be. It's too late to do anything about it, so I can only hope the group won't be large.

I did some online research, and here is a site, called "theme cruise finder", which links to this cruise and additional contact info.You could possibly call the contact person, and ask them how many they have booked for your cruise. Judging by the information available, and the described activities, I would guess that it won't be a large group. It sounds as if it might be a travel agent putting together a package to attract clients.

http://themecruisefinder.com/CruiseAds/item/7663

Had I read this thread 2 weeks ago I would NOT have booked my cruise. This is a very important thread that all potential cruisers need to read. I am very pissed that my HAL travel person recomended a cruise that has a large group already booked.

The issue is with the size of the group and unfortunately neither the cruise line nor the group organizers wish to disclose that information. On my b2b (see thread - Nieuw Amsterdam Group Cruise Huge) I was aware of groups but did not dig deep enough to understand the massive size of the group. There was another group on the first half of our cruise that we did not even notice. I now know that the Inspiration groups are LARGE and there are MANY of them.

I did some online research, and here is a site, called "theme cruise finder", which links to this cruise and additional contact info.You could possibly call the contact person, and ask them how many they have booked for your cruise. Judging by the information available, and the described activities, I would guess that it won't be a large group. It sounds as if it might be a travel agent putting together a package to attract clients.

http://themecruisefinder.com/CruiseAds/item/7663

Thank you so much for finding this!

After looking at the "flyer" for the cruise, I agree that this is unlikely to be a large group. Whew, I feel much better now!

The issue is with the size of the group and unfortunately neither the cruise line nor the group organizers wish to disclose that information.

Assuming that the cruise line would even be allowed to release publicly passenger information like that.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Someone mentioned a group from "Friendship Force" on a future cruise. It is a group with chapters (? correct word?) around the World that tries to foster friendship and understanding between the common people or different countries. While the local groups may have monthly (or quarterly or such) events, their main activity seems to deal with exchange programs. (For example - a few years ago our local group had a group of visitors from a European country here for a week and each your our local group has members who traveled to another country for a week. The traveler's do home stays and try to meet as many folks and go to as many activities as time allows to learn more about the other folks' cultures, political systems, etc. I do not know enough about the organization to say much more, but I have had neighbors who were very involved and I attended some of their local activities as a guest. We were also part of a dinner in a private home was a part of the cultural exchange. Most enjoyable and something I would do more of IF I would only stay home more and travel less. (Not likely to happen any sooner than necessary. Don't know which will end first - my physical abilities to travel or my travel money.)

Anyhow - just a long way to say that I cannot imagine the group being a major disruption to the cruise experience, either in numbers or noise or types of activities. JMO - not a known fact.:D:D:D

Potential Zaandam drydock - gap in schedule from March 2nd to March 14th 2018 in Ft. Lauderdale. Fits in with the 12 day drydock schedules of the other ships in the fleet that have gone to grand Bahamas shipyard recently or in near future.

Carol - gentle suggestion - when you next update the list could we have a separate header for suspected Drydocks rather than being combined in with Charters?

Zaandam is in South America. Leaves Mar 3 from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso leg of the South America Odyssey voyage.