Which drinks are they serving out of pre-made batches?

Depends on the ship and the bar on the ship, and it can vary from day to day during the cruise. Sometimes it will be obvious, because you can see the jugs with the name of the drink. But the best thing for you to do is ask the staff before ordering anything that has more than 2 ingredients in it.

I think the raspberry mojito.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Noooo not the raspberry mojito that was my fav! It is made was pre made slush though... but I ordered so many they had to have it on tap. So so yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the raspberry mojito.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bong at the Sugarcane on the Escape muddled all of his mint and limes by hand and everything was made to order. Had 1 drink at the District Brewhouse that came from a pitcher and never ordered it again. :(

Have seen a number of complaints about this. Which specific drinks are they, so we know what to avoid ordering?

Any common fruity drink is made in large batches. Any drink of the day. Mimosas and bloody marys, if it is popular it is premade. If it wasn't the wait at the bar would be hours.

The things that are not premade are traditional cocktails, and martinis.

Any common fruity drink is made in large batches. Any drink of the day. Mimosas and bloody marys, if it is popular it is premade. If it wasn't the wait at the bar would be hours.

The things that are not premade are traditional cocktails, and martinis.

This! And reminds me of the Cheer's episode where Carla showed Diane how to make drinks. After the Bloody Mary, Diane exclaims, sheesh, making a Bloody Mary from scratch is hard work! And Sam goes, I know, that's why we make up a big jug of the mix at the start of every week and slams it on the counter!

The frozen drinks (Pina colada, daiquiri, Margarita) were mostly batched on Breakaway back in September.

Probable depends on the bar and ship and the time of day. On Escape last June and Getaway the year before my Pina Coladas and DWs Margaritas were made to order at the 5'Oclock, Tides, SpiceH2O and Sunset bars.

It depends. Sitting at the Chill bar at Margaritaville, the bartender made everything by hand. Then when he started getting completely swamped (around the time of the 2 hour waits), he would mix several at once in a pitcher. Sure, some people are going to bitch about that. They are likely the same people that would bitch about how long it took to get their drinks had he not done that.

Is there a way to know if a fancy alcohol drink will be covered as part of the UBP or not? I'd love to order fruity martinis but will I end up with a bill for them at the end of the cruise? What about brands like Crown Royal, which typically cost more at restaurants?

Any drink up to $15 will be covered. For anything over $15 you just pay the differences. There is a list of spirits around here somewhere but on the menus I've seen people post, most all drinks are covered and a couple super high end drinks will be around $18.95. Can also always ask the bartender.

most all drinks are covered and a couple super high end drinks will be around $18.95.

There are 12 different martinis that are offered at the Martini Bar, six of which are covered under the UBP and six of which incur a 2.95 plus 18% up charge. If you're a wine drinker, your choices are also somewhat limited as well. But in general, you can usually find something that will wet your whistle, be covered under the UBP and put a smile on your face.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The drink specials they have each day seem to be made in large batches and then they use them till finished. Then thee flavour depends on the bar and bartender. I drink a lot of Bushwhackers; consistent flavour for about a week then all over the place.

I sure hope they don't premix martinis. I like mine shaken not augered!;)

You beat me to it. Lol

Simple solution to the pre made batch drink conundrum ......

Vodka rocks

Martini

Manhattan

Whatever and tonic

Etc etc

And the real benefit here is that you are actually getting alcohol in your drink

Edited by luvtheships