The Oasis is now only half as funny

Merion_Mom

On the Harmony Transatlantic cruise, there was only one comedian performing in The Attic. I thought maybe that was a special arrangement just for the TA. Or Harmony was doing something different from her older sisters.

I am currently cruising on the Oasis. Tonight I went to the Comedy Club.

First of all, Simeon is greatly missed as host.

Second, and more disappointing........there is only one comedian.

:eek:

On the Harmony Transatlantic cruise, there was only one comedian performing in The Attic. I thought maybe that was a special arrangement just for the TA. Or Harmony was doing something different from her older sisters.

Carol, is the comedy show half as long too? Maybe only 20 minutes now?

On Harmony Simeon had a 8-10 minute warm up and the comedian went for another 40 minutes or so. It was around the same time frame as previous on Allure and Oasis.

We were fortunate to have a comedian that we had not seen before who was funny. We have seen some of them 3-4 times and their routines don't change. After the first two 2 times they are less funny. The good thing about two is if one is weaker (one always is) they only have a 18 minute set.

On Harmony Simeon had a 8-10 minute warm up and the comedian went for another 40 minutes or so. It was around the same time frame as previous on Allure and Oasis.

We were fortunate to have a comedian that we had not seen before who was funny. We have seen some of them 3-4 times and their routines don't change. After the first two 2 times they are less funny. The good thing about two is if one is weaker (one always is) they only have a 18 minute set.

Thanks Andrew. Simeon really makes that show special.

All week I assume? I'll watch reviews next week. I did also find Simeon pretty funny in my one time on Oasis.

Simeon is great- I'm not sure if how many of you knew that he had to step in and play Wilber Turblad in Hairspray- as they had to dismiss the guy playing him all of a sudden.

We managed to see him play it, and thought he was good. We mentioned that to him a few weeks ago when we saw him on the Harmony- good memories.

I'd love to see him have his own show once a week.

Simeon is great- I'm not sure if how many of you knew that he had to step in and play Wilber Turblad in Hairspray- as they had to dismiss the guy playing him all of a sudden.

We managed to see him play it, and thought he was good. We mentioned that to him a few weeks ago when we saw him on the Harmony- good memories.

I'd love to see him have his own show once a week.

Yes, his own show would be funny. I thought he'd be great as a CD, but they'd have to tone him down from the comedy club version. I love his humour, others might not be as receptive if he was a CD.

Yes, his own show would be funny. I thought he'd be great as a CD, but they'd have to tone him down from the comedy club version. I love his humour, others might not be as receptive if he was a CD.

He actually started as part of the CD staff back on Mariner when it was in Port Canaveral. He was hysterical doing trivia. He actually took over the Schooner Bar one night after trivia and played piano and sang with a group of high school students whose chorus was on the ship. He pulled out a Disney songbook and this group sang for almost 2 hours.

When we were on the Oasis in May, there was an interview on the tv with Simeon, Drew the CD and a woman who was just starting as Grisabella in CATS. Drew was interviewing the woman but also had Simeon there and got into how Drew is the one who found Simeon and got him started with Royal Caribbean. Simeon has quite a resume, including going to clown school.

We will have to book Harmony to see him again.

Somewhere in between.

The problem is, if the person is not really good, it's hard to stretch what used to be a half of a show into a whole show.

He struggled. A struggling comedian rarely induces huge laughs.

:rolleyes:

He actually started as part of the CD staff back on Mariner when it was in Port Canaveral. He was hysterical doing trivia. He actually took over the Schooner Bar one night after trivia and played piano and sang with a group of high school students whose chorus was on the ship. He pulled out a Disney songbook and this group sang for almost 2 hours.

When we were on the Oasis in May, there was an interview on the tv with Simeon, Drew the CD and a woman who was just starting as Grisabella in CATS. Drew was interviewing the woman but also had Simeon there and got into how Drew is the one who found Simeon and got him started with Royal Caribbean. Simeon has quite a resume, including going to clown school.

We will have to book Harmony to see him again.

The whole comedy club thing was his idea. RC let him trial it on the Mariner, up in the VCL.

He has been the permanent host of it on Oasis ever since the launch. He only switched over to Harmony because Fort Lauderdale is his home.

:)

I am so sorry to miss him - I was really looking forward to seeing him this week. :(

He had been doing an improv game show on the Oasis, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That improv show, based on Who's Line is it anyways, was the funniest thing on a cruise ship we have ever seen. It was held in Studio B and was unreal. We are on Harmony at the end of January and boy that would be great if they brought that back... especially with Simeon.