Norwegian Escape coming to NYC!!!

Dayana

Stating April 22, 2018, Norwegian Escape will be sailing out of NYC!!! So excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is new to me because I haven't been reading as much. What route will it take and will the Breakaway stay on the same itineraries. Anyone know what they did this?

Here's the latest

Bermuda

Norwegian will continue its tradition of sailing from both New York City and Boston to the pink sand beaches of Bermuda between April and September 2018. Norwegian’s newest ship, Norwegian Escape, will reposition for the first time since she was christened in 2015, and will sail from New York City to Bermuda on seven-day cruises to every Sunday, offering NY-area guests a new ship to enjoy, featuring Norwegian’s first brew pub at sea, the Tony-award winning After Midnight and critically-acclaimed For the Record: The Brat Pack, along with two restaurants from Iron Chef Jose Garces and The Cellars, a Michael Mondavi Family Wine bar. Norwegian Dawn, essentially a new ship after bow to stern enhancements this year, will sail seven-day cruises from Boston to Bermuda, departing every Friday.

Bahamas & Florida

In summer 2018, Norwegian Gem will set sail for the Bahamas and Florida each Saturday from New York City, bringing guests the best of beaches, theme parks and sunshine. Norwegian Sky will continue to sail three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Miami year-round, providing guests a private island escape to Great Stirrup Cay, which is currently undergoing enhancements that include a luxury lagoon area for Haven guests, along with enhanced facilities, premium cabana furnishings and more family-friendly amenities.

In winter 2018/2019, Norwegian Escape will remain in New York, and bring guests to the tropical beaches of the Bahamas & Florida on seven-day cruises. Norwegian Breakaway will return to New York from Europe and will also sail seven-day Bahamas & Florida cruises from Manhattan during winter 2018/2019.

Caribbean

Guests can set sail to the Caribbean on seven Norwegian ships in 2018 & 2019, sailing from convenient departure ports including New York, Boston, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Miami, New Orleans and Tampa.

From December 2018 - February 2019, Norwegian Escape will set sail from New York on extended 12- and 14-day Southern Caribbean cruises, as well as 14-day Western Caribbean cruises, which will include a call at Harvest Caye, Belize’s newest resort-style port of call featuring a cruise ship pier for easy access, seven acre white sand beach and 15,000 square foot pool, among other eco-friendly adventures. Norwegian Breakaway will also sail 10- and 11-day Eastern Caribbean cruises from New York, for a sunshine-filled extended getaway including calls in the Virgin Islands during the heart of winter. New for 2018, guests cruising from New England can set sail to the Caribbean from Boston on Norwegian Dawn for a 14-day Eastern Caribbean cruise in October 2018.

Norwegian Gem will reposition to New Orleans, sailing to the Western Caribbean on seven-, 10- and 11-day cruises from the Crescent City. Guests sailing from Miami in winter 2018 can cruise to the Western Caribbean on Norwegian Getaway, which will sail seven-day cruises that will also include a call to Harvest Caye. Norwegian Pearl will homeport in Tampa during winter 2018, sailing seven-day cruises to the Western Caribbean

Canada & New England

Norwegian will offer guests the opportunity for prime “leaf peeping” in Canada &New England on three vessels in fall 2018. Norwegian Escape will be the company’s largest vessel to bring guests on spectacular fall foliage cruises, sailing seven-day Canada & New England cruises from New York on select dates in September 2018. For those looking for a summer cruise to the Pinetree State and Great White North, Norwegian Gem will also sail north from the Big Apple in June 2018 on two seven-day cruises, calling in Maine, St. John and Halifax. For those guests looking to explore Canada & New England further, Norwegian Gem will sail extended 10-day cruises from New York that include an overnight in Québec City, while Norwegian Dawn will sail a series of northbound and southbound seven-day cruises between Boston and Quebec, offering the opportunity to combine for the ultimate fall getaway with a 14-day roundtrip cruises.

The Gem is a really comfortably sized ship. Too bad those who don't want a mega-ship won't have that option out of NY now for much of the year.

If I were going to take a mega-ship out of NY Harbor in the winter, I would head over to Cape Liberty and get on RCI's Anthem of the Seas. It's designed for cold weather and, in addition to its outdoor pool, it has a pool with a retractable roof, as well as a gorgeous solarium. It's a stuningly beautiful ship with much going on indoors, including the Sea Plex (bumper cars, skating, etc.), and Two70, the most amazing public space I've ever seen on a ship.

I was booked on the Escape for April 14, 2018 sailing and got a call about 3 weeks ago that it was canceled. I guess maybe it had something to do with the New York move. I wasn't too worried, I had really just booked it as a place-filler on board with the CruiseNext program and was probably going to change it anyway. It's a great ship and the 12 or 14 day itineraries look great.

This is new to me because I haven't been reading as much. What route will it take and will the Breakaway stay on the same itineraries. Anyone know what they did this?

The Breakaway is going to Europe Apr 15 - 27, 2018

SHIP Norwegian Breakaway

CRUISE PORTS Embark New York; Ponta Delgada (Azores); Cork (Cobh) (Ireland); Portland (England); Le Havre (Paris) (France); Disembark Southampton (London) (England

Europe

Guest sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line can immerse themselves in the sights, sounds and flavors of Europe with five ships based in the region in summer 2018. Norwegian Breakaway will depart her New York homeport on April 15 for the first time since her inaugural season in 2013 for a 12-day transatlantic voyage to London (Southampton). Following her arrival in Europe, Norwegian Breakaway will undergo enhancements in dry dock and then journey to her new seasonal homeport of Copenhagen, where she will sail nine-day Scandinavia & Russia cruises through the summer season

And coming back to New York Oct 16 , 2018

Edited by Orleanscruiser

SHIP Norwegian Breakaway

CRUISE PORTS Embark New York; Ponta Delgada (Azores); Cork (Cobh) (Ireland); Portland (England); Le Havre (Paris) (France); Disembark Southampton (London) (England

Europe

Guest sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line can immerse themselves in the sights, sounds and flavors of Europe with five ships based in the region in summer 2018. Norwegian Breakaway will depart her New York homeport on April 15 for the first time since her inaugural season in 2013 for a 12-day transatlantic voyage to London (Southampton). Following her arrival in Europe, Norwegian Breakaway will undergo enhancements in dry dock and then journey to her new seasonal homeport of Copenhagen, where she will sail nine-day Scandinavia & Russia cruises through the summer season

Thanks!!

Here's the latest

Bermuda

Norwegian will continue its tradition of sailing from both New York City and Boston to the pink sand beaches of Bermuda between April and September 2018. Norwegian’s newest ship, Norwegian Escape, will reposition for the first time since she was christened in 2015, and will sail from New York City to Bermuda on seven-day cruises to every Sunday, offering NY-area guests a new ship to enjoy, featuring Norwegian’s first brew pub at sea, the Tony-award winning After Midnight and critically-acclaimed For the Record: The Brat Pack, along with two restaurants from Iron Chef Jose Garces and The Cellars, a Michael Mondavi Family Wine bar. Norwegian Dawn, essentially a new ship after bow to stern enhancements this year, will sail seven-day cruises from Boston to Bermuda, departing every Friday.

Bahamas & Florida

In summer 2018, Norwegian Gem will set sail for the Bahamas and Florida each Saturday from New York City, bringing guests the best of beaches, theme parks and sunshine. Norwegian Sky will continue to sail three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Miami year-round, providing guests a private island escape to Great Stirrup Cay, which is currently undergoing enhancements that include a luxury lagoon area for Haven guests, along with enhanced facilities, premium cabana furnishings and more family-friendly amenities.

In winter 2018/2019, Norwegian Escape will remain in New York, and bring guests to the tropical beaches of the Bahamas & Florida on seven-day cruises. Norwegian Breakaway will return to New York from Europe and will also sail seven-day Bahamas & Florida cruises from Manhattan during winter 2018/2019.

Caribbean

Guests can set sail to the Caribbean on seven Norwegian ships in 2018 & 2019, sailing from convenient departure ports including New York, Boston, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Miami, New Orleans and Tampa.

From December 2018 - February 2019, Norwegian Escape will set sail from New York on extended 12- and 14-day Southern Caribbean cruises, as well as 14-day Western Caribbean cruises, which will include a call at Harvest Caye, Belize’s newest resort-style port of call featuring a cruise ship pier for easy access, seven acre white sand beach and 15,000 square foot pool, among other eco-friendly adventures. Norwegian Breakaway will also sail 10- and 11-day Eastern Caribbean cruises from New York, for a sunshine-filled extended getaway including calls in the Virgin Islands during the heart of winter. New for 2018, guests cruising from New England can set sail to the Caribbean from Boston on Norwegian Dawn for a 14-day Eastern Caribbean cruise in October 2018.

Norwegian Gem will reposition to New Orleans, sailing to the Western Caribbean on seven-, 10- and 11-day cruises from the Crescent City. Guests sailing from Miami in winter 2018 can cruise to the Western Caribbean on Norwegian Getaway, which will sail seven-day cruises that will also include a call to Harvest Caye. Norwegian Pearl will homeport in Tampa during winter 2018, sailing seven-day cruises to the Western Caribbean

Canada & New England

Norwegian will offer guests the opportunity for prime “leaf peeping” in Canada &New England on three vessels in fall 2018. Norwegian Escape will be the company’s largest vessel to bring guests on spectacular fall foliage cruises, sailing seven-day Canada & New England cruises from New York on select dates in September 2018. For those looking for a summer cruise to the Pinetree State and Great White North, Norwegian Gem will also sail north from the Big Apple in June 2018 on two seven-day cruises, calling in Maine, St. John and Halifax. For those guests looking to explore Canada & New England further, Norwegian Gem will sail extended 10-day cruises from New York that include an overnight in Québec City, while Norwegian Dawn will sail a series of northbound and southbound seven-day cruises between Boston and Quebec, offering the opportunity to combine for the ultimate fall getaway with a 14-day roundtrip cruises.

Thanks for posting!

Good thing they spent so much on identifying the Escape with The Miami area.

Oh well, good riddance. We did not like the ship at all. It was the first time we ever felt crowded on a cruise ship. Give me the Jewel class ships any day.

And they made Breakaway a "NY" ship. Will be weird not having the Gem around

And they made Breakaway a "NY" ship. Will be weird not having the Gem around

I am so sad. My husband and I have been going on the Gem every winter for as long as its been in NY and we will be very very sad to see her go. We have no desire for a mega ship but guess we wont have a choice if we want to sail out of NY.:(

SHIP Norwegian Breakaway

Europe

I booked one of the last Bermuda cruises on Breakaway from New York, I book Sept 17 - 24, 2017 - 7 day to Bermuda. YEAH, booked today, paid in full.

I don't know when or "IF" I will ever be able to go on a European cruise so I wanted to book the ship while it was in New York.

Those longer itineraries are just what you need to really experience and appreciate the ship. 1 week is not enough time. I wouldn't fly north to cruise in winter coming south, but those are nice itineraries esp if you don't need to fly to the ship.