Does Celebrity pay attention?

GottaKnowWhen

Short answer: yes.

This is not intended as an invitation for the nay-sayers to chime in with their horror stories when dealing with X. I just wanted to share a positive experience with you...

After a recent cruise, I filled out the post-cruise survey. After I sent it in, I realized that I had neglected to add a comment praising one individual who really stood out to me. So I sent a follow-up email to the address from which the survey had been sent. I outlined my kudos and asked that they be passed on. Earlier today I had a phone call from a guy at Celebrity. He started by apologizing for taking so long to get back to me, and then we had a nice discussion about who should be recognized and what had been my experience that led me to my opinion.

I have hopes that my comments will be passed along.

Stan

Just to reinforce the point. I also singled out an individual in my post cruise survey for exemplary service and received a phone call to be sure they had all the details of her service. So I guess the answer is yes, Celebrity does care.

Interesting...I sent a long detailed email complimenting several of the people on our recent Equinox transatlantic and have not heard a single word from anyone....hopefully someone received it and passed those compliments on. An acknowledgement would have been nice just to know those employees were told of how much we appreciated them...a simple "thank you" ...guess we'll never know....:rolleyes:

Edited by Gracie115

I am by no means a nay sayer.

Has anyone ever been contacted if they have made a negative comment?

Yes, but it has been a few years back. It was right after they had hooked up with a menu consulting company and the food was awful. I noted that in my comment card - can't remember if we were still doing the card on board or the electronic one at that time. But I did get a call from Celebrity asking for more details. At the end of the conversation, the woman said, "We are getting a lot of complaints like yours". Shortly after, they dumped that company and the menus improved.

Good to hear - glad someone went above and beyond to ensure the appropriate kudos were given - and good for the OP for pointing out the truly positive experiences they had, too often customer relations deals only with the complaints.

In my experience - its very hit/miss with X and their customer service - when I called with a complaint - it seemingly got nowhere, Facebook generated a call from their service resolution team who did a great job.

I have also acknowledged them for great service on our last cruise - and the rep I spoke with kind of gave an attitude of I could care less..so I just called and got someone else who seemed much more appreciative of the good report.

Shoreside - X is just like every other call center it seems, some employees treat their position like a career, others like a low wage job. Onboard though - I truly can say I have not experienced ANYONE who was not 100% committed to great customer service yet.

Short answer: yes.

This is not intended as an invitation for the nay-sayers to chime in with their horror stories when dealing with X. I just wanted to share a positive experience with you...

After a recent cruise, I filled out the post-cruise survey. After I sent it in, I realized that I had neglected to add a comment praising one individual who really stood out to me. So I sent a follow-up email to the address from which the survey had been sent. I outlined my kudos and asked that they be passed on. Earlier today I had a phone call from a guy at Celebrity. He started by apologizing for taking so long to get back to me, and then we had a nice discussion about who should be recognized and what had been my experience that led me to my opinion.

I have hopes that my comments will be passed along.

Stan

IMHO this is a corporate strength. We had a very serious issue with RCCL and when DH submitted his survey outlining the concerns, he received a call back within an hour. (It was in regard to a safety issue on an excursion in Egypt. In fact, 30 tourists were killed a month after we returned on the same road (not terror).)

Edited by HokiePoq

I know first hand they pay attention on the ship when you fill out the comment cards and turn them in. On the Eclipse last week, my Wife had several pleasant interactions with the young woman at the ice cream counter in Ocean View ... filled out a card to compliment her ... and the next day we had a note from the food service department onboard thanking my Wife for the feedback and saying the server's supervisor would be notified.

Yes, frequently. We always send detailed feedback in addition to the post-cruise survey and invariably receive a telephone call afterwards. If we have provided negative feedback (not against an individual but against a process or incident that was not addressed on board) it has always been discussed in great detail allowing us to make suggestions on how things could be improved in future.

Where we have singled out someone/a department for particular praise, we have been told what action has been taken including, for example, posting our letter/email on the crew notice board.

Clearly the process is variable and I am not sure it is country of origin that determines it. Years ago Celebrity always followed up, recent years never had a peep, one time quite big issues nothing....and no feedback on how positive comments about crew have been handled.

So feedback in my view is not consistently acted on - only organisations that show they are listening to all feedback can be said to take it seriously- yes they all say it's important to them but actions speak louder than words.

In the U.K. I'm not really surprised these days, my recent dealings with the customer service team in the UK has not been a good experience they don't do logic and they never answer all the queries in an email. In my feeedback after next months cruise I will be reflecting on that experience in the questions re pre cruise experience and expect no response.

Yes I did. I emailed a complaint to Richard Fain and he personally responded. Then he forwarded my email to Lisa Lutoff-Perlo because the content pertained to her. I then received a personal email from her. I also received a follow up phone call from a representative.

I've found Celebrity to be very responsive for both types of comments. Even when you address them while on the ship through the comment cards. Every one is read and responded to from my experience.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Yes I did. I emailed a complaint to Richard Fain and he personally responded. Then he forwarded my email to Lisa Lutoff-Perlo because the content pertained to her. I then received a personal email from her. I also received a follow up phone call from a representative.

I've found Celebrity to be very responsive for both types of comments. Even when you address them while on the ship through the comment cards. Every one is read and responded to from my experience.

Well we have had over 20 cruises, 100% reaction in the early days - maybe they worry until you hit Elite or whatever......then in the past three years 0 reaction from Celebrity......interesting

Interesting discussion. From what I can tell from reading this and other posts here on cruise critic over the past couple years, X customer service off-ship can be very hit or miss. I'm not really sure what the reason for that is.

On my last cruise, I made sure to send in a detailed post cruise response to their survey and called out several crew members for their great service. The only thing I was critical about was replacing the Normandie restaurant with Tuscan Grille. I didn't receive any follow up from X about my comments, but I hope my positive comments about the crew members was noted and passed along.

I've generally only had very positive experiences onboard, but I did have a bad experience once with an X purchased excursion that I wrote a comment card about onboard. Someone from the shore excursion staff onboard did contact me the next day to follow up on my complaints, but other than apologizing that I was disappointed, they didn't offer me anything and simply told me that they generally only get positive reviews for that trip. I suppose I could have raised more of a stink, but I didn't.

I told the head of housekeeping what a great job our assistant steward was doing throughout our cruise and what a nice young man he was. Upon disembarking I saw her and she told me they were promoting him to steward. I was so happy for him and his family.

From what I can see on here they listen to what they want to hear, they also listen to some of the negative comments, appologise and then forget it.

Let's see if they really hear the negative posts that were on here about the new 7am out of cabin on departure.