Fort L. prom dress store suggestions needed

h-sar

Hi, everyone. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale from Edmonton, Canada five days before our New Year's cruise. This would be a great opportunity to do some shopping for a prom dress for my daughter's grade 12 graduation. If you know the area around Fort Lauderdale and can make some suggestions about stores that cater to prom dresses, it would be greatly appreciated. I did also post this to the Florida board. Thank you.

Hi, everyone. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale from Edmonton, Canada five days before our New Year's cruise. This would be a great opportunity to do some shopping for a prom dress for my daughter's grade 12 graduation. If you know the area around Fort Lauderdale and can make some suggestions about stores that cater to prom dresses, it would be greatly appreciated. I did also post this to the Florida board. Thank you.

If you go on Google and do a search for the FLL Yellow Pages on line, you'll be able to find a store (or stores) that have what you're looking for. ;)

If you go on Google and do a search for the FLL Yellow Pages on line, you'll be able to find a store (or stores) that have what you're looking for. ;)

Have tried that on recent trips to Seattle, Las Vegas, Pasadena, and Los Angeles. Wasn't always a direct correlation between what was stated online and the actual inventory in the stores. Hoping that someone's personal experience will steer me in the right direction.

Edited by h-sar

I live in Ft Laud and would go to Macy's at the Galleria Mall in Ft Lauderdale. They have a good selections of gowns plus you can go on line to see what they offer and see if it's in stock at the store.

Galleria is maybe a 10-15 min ride from Pt Everglades/airport and is a very nice Mall.

They also have Dillard's that also offers prom dresses.

They may have others stores as well catering to this. Just Google Galleria Mall Ft Lauderdale and look at the store directory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by brenderlou

I live in Ft Laud and would go to Macy's at the Galleria Mall in Ft Lauderdale. They have a good selections of gowns plus you can go on line to see what they offer and see if it's in stock at the store.

Galleria is maybe a 10-15 min ride from Pt Everglades/airport and is a very nice Mall.

They may have others stores as well catering to this. Just Google Galleria Mall Ft Lauderdale and look at the store directory.

Thank you! We're often in the Galleria Mall area, so will definitely check it out.

You might also want to check out some of the thrift stores. They get some really nice dresses that are only worn once.. since well, thats how often you wear it LOL

Great idea as well. If anyone knows of any good ones in the area, please feel free to post.

With several days at Fort Lauderdale (presumably with a car) you should think about checking out the mall at Sawgrass Mills, just a couple of miles west of Fort Lauderdale center - there is a huge Bloomingdales outlet - as well as a number of other stores.

Thank you! Those sound like great places. I also posted on the Florida board, so hopefully we'll have success with our shopping endeavour.

Thank you! We're often in the Galleria Mall area, so will definitely check it out.

Our pre cruise stays in Fort Lauderdale always have a day set aside for a trip to the Galleria Mall. You should be able to find something you like.

They have a Neiman Marcus as well as a Macy's and Dillard's. It is an absolutely lovely mall with one of the nicest food courts I have encountered. There is also a Seasons 52 restaurant right at the main entrance and it is a "must do" for us at lunchtime on our shopping day.

With several days at Fort Lauderdale (presumably with a car) you should think about checking out the mall at Sawgrass Mills, just a couple of miles west of Fort Lauderdale center - there is a huge Bloomingdales outlet - as well as a number of other stores.

Sawgrass Mills is 30+ minutes northwest of Fort Lauderdale. More than a couple of miles.

Great idea as well. If anyone knows of any good ones in the area, please feel free to post.

Thrift Stores:

Out of the Closet (E Sunrise Blvd, approx 1/2 mile west of Galleria). There is also a location in Wilton Manors.

Consignment:

Couture Consignment (N Federal Hwy)

Clutterologist Consignment (E Oakland Park Blvd)

Galleria is a good suggestion. Also, try Dillardswell as well as Neiman Marcus for more upscale.

Edited by sail7seas

I think Macy's ships to Canada, and perhaps you can shop on line to buy from Macy's and ship it. If it doesn fit/or work for DD, hou could return it when in FLL. If you buy it there, have Macy's ship it home and you wonrt have to take it on the ship, or p lane.

Edited by sail7seas

Sawgrass Mills is 30+ minutes northwest of Fort Lauderdale. More than a couple of miles.

My bad - it is about 15 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport - on good roads all the way it should be 20 minutes. Of course driving from almost anywhere in Fort Lauderdale to almost anywhere else will take 15 minutes +/-. The point is: the number of reasonably priced stores there makes it worth the extra few minutes.

My bad - it is about 15 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport - on good roads all the way it should be 20 minutes. Of course driving from almost anywhere in Fort Lauderdale to almost anywhere else will take 15 minutes +/-. The point is: the number of reasonably priced stores there makes it worth the extra few minutes.

No worries. The kids actually have tickets to the Panthers game which is right across the street from Sawgrass.

I think Macy's ships to Canada, and perhaps you can shop on line to buy from Macy's and ship it. If it doesn fit/or work for DD, hou could return it when in FLL. If you buy it there, have Macy's ship it home and you wonrt have to take it on the ship, or p lane.

Great info - thanks!

For Canadians shopping at Macy's----- I've never seen it advertised but when you first enter the store go to customer service and show your Canadian passport or driver's license. They will give you a card worth 10% off any purchases. I learned that little tip about 15 years ago and take advantage every time we go to Macy's.

For Canadians shopping at Macy's----- I've never seen it advertised but when you first enter the store go to customer service and show your Canadian passport or driver's license. They will give you a card worth 10% off any purchases. I learned that little tip about 15 years ago and take advantage every time we go to Macy's.

If you're alive and breathing, Macy's will give the same 10% discount to any tourist from anywhere.

I used to buy suits at Saks Fifth Avenue. They did the same-including sale items. They also did it at the Saks outlet store. Not certain they will do this now that Saks has stores in Canada.

You have to ask for it. No use for us anymore. Don't buy suits or even travel to the US very often any more because of the exchange.

Macy's issues many $$ and/or %% off coupons crredit card holders get them in mail. For those who do coupon Apps, look for Macy's or buy a newspaper and cut the coupons to use in person at mACY'S, IF you plan to shop there,,, Look at www. macy's .com to see if there are any coupons on the days you wish to shop.

Edited by sail7seas