Youngest Self Made Pinnacles (Non Inherited)?

Garavar

I'm sure a lot of people would be in a higher rank by now if they offered points for onboard purchases. I think HAL and MSC do that.

RCI tested the spend to earn points on a cruise a couple of years ago, I think it was an Oasis (or Freedom?) sailing. I never heard what happened.

Edited by travelgoddess1

How can a 9 year old pay for all those cruises? I wouldn't consider that self-made.

Self made as in, the person was actually physically on a cruise for the number of nights required, as opposed to inheriting the status by parent/child relationship or marriage.

If it were based on who paid, most minors wouldn't have any status.

My youngest turns 20 today. She is Diamond + on her own points. My 3 kids have around 200+ points each on their own. We live in Florida so driving to the port and hoping a ship is easy. They have met plenty of kids in their teens with D+ status because they earned it themselves. Cruise twice a year and it is easy to get there. Many of my friends kids are D+ too with their own points.

Her older brothers also took spring break cruises too! When they were in the Diamond lounge they were always checked. it was annoying and some people were really rude to them, like they did not earn it themselves and did not belong there. And YES, they were well behaved, not the average spring breaker.

It will still take them 20-30+ more years to make pinnacle!

Edited by dasi11

My youngest turns 20 today. She is Diamond + on her own points. My 3 kids have around 200+ points each on their own. We live in Florida so driving to the port and hoping a ship is easy. They have met plenty of kids in their teens with D+ status because they earned it themselves. Cruise twice a year and it is easy to get there. Many of my friends kids are D+ too with their own points.

Her older brothers also took spring break cruises too! When they were in the Diamond lounge they were always checked. it was annoying and some people were really rude to them, like they did not earn it themselves and did not belong there. And YES, they were well behaved, not the average spring breaker.

It will still take them 20-30+ more years to make pinnacle!

My DD will be diamond plus by the age of 12. Cruise at the current rate, she could be pinnacle by the time she is 30.

Since this thread is about someone who has already made PC do you happen to know who that is

Been wondering lately, does anyone how old the youngest Pinnacle member who earned it by cruising (not marriage/parents) is?

I have met lots of Pinnacles but all seem to be 50+. I met a guy who was probably in his mid 30s last cruise but he inherited through his MUCH older wife.

My lady and I are Diamond, we made it at 30 years old (her) and 31 years old (me). And we sometimes get looks like "these kids snuck into the lounge"

I cannot manage what a young Pinnacle would get. So it got me curious, what the youngest Pinnacle?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I'm at 130 points at age 27... been cruising since 2004 as our vacation of choice. Can't imagine I'll hit Pinnacle for a long long time.....

We saw a young man turn P at age 17 - high school senior. He was the last of his immediate family to turn P. Very nice family - chatted with them in the lounge one night.

As far as who pays for the cruises - then I guess I am not D+ since I am a stay at home Mom/housewife for the most part!

Our little one is 3 and will be Platinum on his next cruise. I told my husband that my goal is to get him at least to Diamond Tier in time for his honeymoon! DH laughed - but don't you think I am a very thoughtful MIL?

So, do you know who the youngest PC member is? Title of thread

In as much as we couldn't cruise as often as we had hoped due to my working, it took us 12 years to reach D, we will never make Pinnacle. The year we reached D, March/April 2014 we moved from Platinum to Emerald on the NZ cruise and reached D at the end of the Transpacific going into the Hawaii. We could reach D + with two more cruises and will be 1 point away after our August TA. Pinnacle is only a dream.:)

I envy all you retired Florida folks who can just jump on a ship ;)

If status is converted by marriage, what happens when Mr. Pinnacle marries a lowly Emerald...........Heaven forbid, and she becomes Mrs. Pinnacle. Now they are divorced and is Mrs. Pinnacle still Pinnacle?

Super Mario, I have a friend I'd like you to meet...........:)

Self made as in, the person was actually physically on a cruise for the number of nights required, as opposed to inheriting the status by parent/child relationship or marriage.

If it were based on who paid, most minors wouldn't have any status.

Neither would a lot of adults [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I envy all you retired Florida folks who can just jump on a ship ;)

If status is converted by marriage, what happens when Mr. Pinnacle marries a lowly Emerald...........Heaven forbid, and she becomes Mrs. Pinnacle. Now they are divorced and is Mrs. Pinnacle still Pinnacle?

Super Mario, I have a friend I'd like you to meet...........:)

If a Pinnacle couple divorces, they go back to the cruise points each have earned. So, Mrs PC would no longer be PC unless she earned the points to reach 700.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If a Pinnacle couple divorces, they go back to the cruise points each have earned. So, Mrs PC would no longer be PC unless she earned the points to reach 700.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But if Mrs. PC didn't tell Royal, and cruised with her family/friends, who would know unless Mr. PC informed Royal.