Need some suggestions about packages?

cruiseerf

Hello:

I will soon go on a Celebrity cruise in a Royal suite. Please note that at the time of booking we were in a Celebrity suite and our Promotion.....Before Go big etc.....Was Free beverage package AND Free Gratuities. Pricing lowered and we paid more and moved up to a Royal suite which includes Bev Packages.....So I look at my booking and see Free Bev $700 and Then Credit Bev $700......So I feel like I am losing $700.

My travel agent has told me I cannot Get rid of or convert the Free beverage package and just go with it as it was booked 2+ years ago, we got great pricing etc. The Royal suite comes with 2 free premium packages......yet I am stuck with this other one that I am told I cannot transfer to anyone else who is not IN my cabin.

I know it's a small thing, but I feel like I lost $$ on this deal......First world problems, I know.

Suggestions?

I feel you as my very young children are going on their first cruise in a Celebrity royal suite in Feb with free internet and free unlimited specialty dining and beverage packages. I think they aren't even allowed into Ocean Liners and Tuscan Grille lol. But you did get a good price (so did we - we upgraded from a Sky Suite after final payment) and you'll get a wonderful cabin and hopefully have a wonderful time! Guess we just have to focus on the positives :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry. I'm not understanding. You booked a suite that came with free bev package and free gratuities. Pricing lowered so you paid addition to upgrade to a higher suite and now only have free bev package, no free gratuities? Am I following correctly? I'm missing the part that costs $700 and what you mean by you can't get rid of the free bev package.

To clarify:

Royal suites come with a free beverage package and free internet. Therefore the two perks I received on my trip are both provided to us twice..... Anyone IN the Royal suite receives the perks. So in essence I have received double perks that I can only use once...... Hope that explains.

Safe Sails to all!

The original beverage package was most likely a Classic package.

The $700 charge was done to add the package to your reservation & since it was free then the $700 was subtracted it from your invoice.

Also in a Royal Suite you will get a Premium beverage package not the Classic.

Enjoy!

Hello:

I will soon go on a Celebrity cruise in a Royal suite. Please note that at the time of booking we were in a Celebrity suite and our Promotion.....Before Go big etc.....Was Free beverage package AND Free Gratuities. Pricing lowered and we paid more and moved up to a Royal suite which includes Bev Packages.....So I look at my booking and see Free Bev $700 and Then Credit Bev $700......So I feel like I am losing $700.

My travel agent has told me I cannot Get rid of or convert the Free beverage package and just go with it as it was booked 2+ years ago, we got great pricing etc. The Royal suite comes with 2 free premium packages......yet I am stuck with this other one that I am told I cannot transfer to anyone else who is not IN my cabin.

I know it's a small thing, but I feel like I lost $$ on this deal......First world problems, I know.

Suggestions?

I think I get what you are saying. We booked onboard once and received a free perk ... we chose the beverage package. When I transferred it to a TA, I chose the free gratuities for my free perk from them. That's what I thought it meant. I knew we couldn't drink 2 beverage packages worth of booze on one cruise, seeing it is unlimited....right?? So, after much discussion, we were told only the perk that was offered by the cruise line. It finally made sense. We did get some onboard credit from the TA but not as part of the 1-2-3 go package.

As far as the paperwork goes, even in the lower category rooms that we book, the TA will sometimes add the beverage package on and then deduct it. It simply adds it onto your reservation without charging you. All packages, regardless of the category you've booked (excluding inside) are factored into the pricing when given as a so called 'free perk'. So, I don't think you are losing anything in reality as they factored in the free beverage package and gratuities into the cost of your previous room choice and they have also factored in the cost of the premium package when they priced out your Royal suite. I feel your pain but truly don't think you are losing anything. The Royal Suite is just a higher priced cabin which includes the premium package and not the other free perks.

Suggestions?

Just tell me where I need to be with my passport. It's a Royal Suite, you'll never even know I'm there. :)

I understand what you are asking and why you are asking the question. I am in the same situation. I booked a SS for my cruise next month under the 123GO where I received the drink package, gratuities, and OBC. Just recently I was able to upgrade to an RS under a special offer. I feel fortunate that I was able to keep the OBC and gratuities even though it was a reduced rate upgrade. As you know the RS benefits are outstanding.

if you would have been able to take an OBC instead of the drink package when you initially booked the Celebrity Suite I would think you would be able to conver that perk to the OBC option. You might ask your TA to check with Celebrity again especially if you have anything showing the initial offer with the choice between the drink package and OBC.

I am a little confused as to why you only had one perk because I thought the offer with the suites was initially all three when the cruise was released for booking.

I am sure you are just asking for any suggestions and not really complaining. You should really enjoy the RS and with everything that is included you are not likely to be spending much additional money on board.

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee

You certainly aren't losing $700. If you booked w the drinks perk and are now got the premium drinks perk w the room, you are out the cost of the perks you can't pick now. I'm surprised you don't get all 4 perks with a suite, but if u started w classic drinks and grats and now have premium drinks and internet, you are out the cost of the OBC and grats minus the premium upgrade free (since you got that free). So if it's a 7 day cruise you are out $351.80. Obviously you can't use the bev package twice and they have never allowed people to transfer perks between rooms, so all u would be losing is picking 2 new perks