Crown Royal

MrCruzdoggie

what??? Anything on the Classic package is covered by the Premium package.

Not according to the different drink package paper work I was given on our 14 night Caribbean Cruise this year (April 2016) on the Eclipse. I was also surprised buy I'm just posting our experience and what I was given for the different drink packages while on the Eclipse. We had the Classic package so and I didn't challenge it while on the Eclipse. I like Crown neat and I got it whenever I requested it. I would scan the drink package menu and post it on CC but the print is to light to read when scanned. If you go on Celebrity's website the choices for the different packages are even less!

Edited by davekathy

We were on the Silhouette for Thanksgiving. My husband drinks Crown and could not get it on the Classic package. It is offered on the Premium Package.

Bummer. Again the Cruise line being inconsistent or they changed the packages since our April 2016 Eclipse Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

While on the Silhouette in March 2016, I discovered it all depends where you get your drinks. If you go to the pool bars with the classic package, your liquor choices are more "low-end". If you go to the Martini Bar, or another upscale lounge, they'll give you top-shelf booze. When you order, just let them know what you prefer, but tell them you're on the classic package. A little discrete tipping will not hurt as well.

Another tip: If you want a list of mixed drink choices that are on your plan, the drink list found in the piano bar (I forget the exact name, but it was on one of the top two decks at the front of the ship) has many drink options for your consideration.

....Another tip: If you want a list of mixed drink choices that are on your plan, the drink list found in the piano bar (I forget the exact name, but it was on one of the top two decks at the front of the ship) has many drink options for your consideration.

The list I have and currently looking at I got from the martini bar. We asked about getting martinis the first evening of the Cruise and the waiter advised us martinis were not covered under the Classic Beverage Package. That's when I requested a drink package menu. On it there are both Classic and Premium Beverage Packages. That's when I ordered my Royal neat and my wife ordered a glass of white wine.

Edited by davekathy

I am wondering if someone from Celebrity could respond? My drink of choice is Crown Royal and we have a Classic Package for our cruise on the Equinox departing on January 30. I have seen several differing responses and would appreciate something concrete. Many thanks, Greg

Edited by Mooregre

We were just on Equinox for a Nov 18 cruise. Got crown every single night at any bar. Also in Feb we were on Constellation and same thing. If you are a Crown drinker at least for me no problem with Crown . Thought Seagrams 7 and Canadian Club were on classic list as well.

There are a few lists floating around. The list Celebrity sends you is different than one online.,crazy huh?

davekathy:

Crown Royal is available on the Classic Package but not the Premium Package.

Everything on the Classic package is available to those with the Premium package. It is written above the listing of Premium package. However, I just clicked on Beverage packages and Crown Royal is not listed because they somehow forgot that Rye or Blended Whiskeys are a choice. No Seagrams 7 or VO listed, no Bulliet's Rye, no Rye of any brand, no section for regular or Irish whiskey, just Scotch and Bourbon. Odd.

Beth

davekathy:

Everything on the Classic package is available to those with the Premium package. It is written above the listing of Premium package. However, I just clicked on Beverage packages and Crown Royal is not listed because they somehow forgot that Rye or Blended Whiskeys are a choice. No Seagrams 7 or VO listed, no Bulliet's Rye, no Rye of any brand, no section for regular or Irish whiskey, just Scotch and Bourbon. Odd.

Beth

I also noticed that about Celebrity's website. What a surprise!

Keep in mind that what is actually available can vary from ship to ship. DW enjoys vodka and cranberry. Her first choice is Gray Goose but it is not on the classic package so she tried something else and liked it better... next cruise that was not listed on the package but when ordered it was just fine....oh, if you really want Crown, feel free to drop by my house, I have a bottle that is barely used....and has been there for 40 years...

Keep in mind that what is actually available can vary from ship to ship. DW enjoys vodka and cranberry. Her first choice is Gray Goose but it is not on the classic package so she tried something else and liked it better... next cruise that was not listed on the package but when ordered it was just fine....oh, if you really want Crown, feel free to drop by my house, I have a bottle that is barely used....and has been there for 40 years...

Thank you for the invitation, ;o)