American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

I just made another $500.00 payment with my husband's card (same account different card number) but he got the email immediately. Hmm....I will just wait and see. Did anybody have 2 credits on the same account statement?
Do you have a separate login on the AMEX site? You need to add it to each card separately. If you'd added it on your husband's login, that would explain why you did not get the email for your charge. If that is the issue and the payment has not posted yet, there is a chance you could get the credit by logging in to your own account for your card and adding it to your card.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It's the same link for both times. If it let you click through and add it to your card, you're good to go. Did you check and see if it was added to your offers? I just used it on all 4 of my cards within the past week. You will also get an email congratulating you on redeeming an offer.

The dates posted were confusing me. I finally found where on my account it said that I signed up for the offer by going back to the link you sent. For some reason it doesn't show up on the home page of my account. I haven't received an email confirmation yet, but hopefully it will be coming. I charged over $1100.00 on one charge.

Thanks

Ok I got some clarity.....for the payment I made on the 28th and for which I DID NOT receive an email about offer redemption it showed as processed on the 29th and today 30th it shows a $100.00 credit. For the payment with my husband's card made on the 29th and for which he received an immediate email still shows as processing and no credit.

Hope that helps.

The dates posted were confusing me. I finally found where on my account it said that I signed up for the offer by going back to the link you sent. For some reason it doesn't show up on the home page of my account. I haven't received an email confirmation yet, but hopefully it will be coming. I charged over $1100.00 on one charge.

Thanks

The offer won't show up on your home page. You need to find "Amex Offers & Benefits" towards the bottom of the home page and if you've already added it, click on "Added to Card" to see it. It will disappear from there once the charge gets posted to the account and should show up under "Earned" once it posts to your account, but that tab seems to be broken for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back. I was short $30 on my Amex charge for my cruise (charged $470) on Oct 27. Paid for my dad's gratuities $181 on Dec 13 for his upcoming cruise (his fare was already paid in full but he had not paid gratuities yet). Received the $100 credit on Dec 15. Yay !

• 1 month later...
Heck ya! I was waiting for this and kept checking every few weeks. Thanks for the info. 3 more payments to make and save $300!

I discovered that someone created a new thread for the new deal. It would have been much better if this one had been reused but nothing I can do.

The "old" link is not working yet. Maybe it will work eventually.

Depends on what you mean by "working". For most AMEX cards, you just need to login to your account and look in the AMEX Offers section and it will be there. Apparently the special link was only needed for cards like the Delta card which by default do not get travel offers.

Depends on what you mean by "working". For most AMEX cards, you just need to login to your account and look in the AMEX Offers section and it will be there. Apparently the special link was only needed for cards like the Delta card which by default do not get travel offers.

I have 3 Delta AMEX cards and had to use the special link before. That "old link" is not working this time.

I seem to remember last time around some people relayed that they were told that the special link was not supposed to work for certain credit card products and the fact that it was working for those products was an error. Perhaps the realization of that error prompted American Express to fix that error this time around?

I called AX on my delta card, pretty worthless call... she said yes, just pay and u get the money back, but I stated numerous times it was NOT listed on my offers... anyways, I ended up paying $500 yesterday... we shall see if I get $100 back... not very hopeful.... but on a plus side, the Allstate rewards was back yesterday and they were e vouchers, so I did save $50!!!

I've had my American Express everyday card for about 10 years. I've probably used it for about 5 transactions since I have many other, much better rewards cards.

However, they do tons of deals like this. It is worth checking if you're about to make select big purchases. It made my sweet cruise deal even sweeter

I've had my American Express everyday card for about 10 years. I've probably used it for about 5 transactions since I have many other, much better rewards cards.

However, they do tons of deals like this. It is worth checking if you're about to make select big purchases. It made my sweet cruise deal even sweeter

You must have the wrong Amex card, I get about $1000 cashback a year with my preferred card. I pay everything possible with the card and pay the balance every month

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app