latest time to arrive departure port

peach_cruise

The only way I would consider that is if you booked the air and transfer through celebrity. Is Tacoma your first US stop or is there a connector? If you have a connector you will at least get through customs ahead of time and have some buffer time if your international flight gets delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only way I would consider that is if you booked the air and transfer through celebrity. Is Tacoma your first US stop or is there a connector? If you have a connector you will at least get through customs ahead of time and have some buffer time if your international flight gets delayed.

I have book direct flight from korea to tacoma. About celebrity transfer service, how much does it cost?

thank you

No way is that enough time (less than 2 hours) from arrival to board the ship. IF you have a delayed flight or IF immigration lines are long you will not make it on time. Suggest you definitely change your flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is know way that we would do that and take that chance .You never no what can happen. We always fly out a day early and that way we do not have the stress to worry if we will make it to the ship. Like others have said we would think of changing our flight if that was us or go a day early. Whatever you do have a great cruise:):) We are going to Alaska in June and we are leaving a day early as we always do!!!

I think you should get an earlier flight actually come in the day before. You have a very long trip from Korea and it is not worth the chance. As others have said - customs, luggage, delays. Too risky. I do hope you change your flight so you can thoroughly enjoy your vacation.

I have book direct flight from korea to tacoma. About celebrity transfer service, how much does it cost?

thank you

I don't if there is a way to book a transfer without buying your flight through Choice Air. If it was me, I would rebook the flight for the previous day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The airport is between Seattle and Tacoma, so it is not a quick trip from airport to ship. I hope you are able to fly the day before. If you stay the night in Seattle you will be able to relax from your flight and see a little of the city. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Even if you're plane is on time you might not ale it to the pier in time to complete check-in (you must complete the process 90 minutes prior to scheduled sail-a-way or be denied boarding. Any delay (even a small one) and you have virtually no chance of making it on time. With Alaska itineraries sailing from Seattle, generally cabotage laws prohibit joining the ship in progress - so miss the ship and no cruise. Also no insurance policy I am aware of provides relief if you miss the ship because of insufficient wiggle room between air travel and ship departure. Fly in at least the day before even if this is inconvenient and costly to switch - WAY too risky otherwise.

peach_cruise: I am so glad that you plan to change that flight to fly into SEATAC a day prior to the cruise.

Less than two months ago we cleared customs and immigration at SEATAC. Our flight was on time, but we given what we experienced I doubt we could have landed at 1:10PM and made it to the Solstice 90 minutes prior to departure. Staff handling the lines told us that through the years SEATAC has attracted a greater number of passenger flights entering the US (as opposed to cargo flights) and the facilities are now inadequate to handle the number of people they need to process. There are plans to upgrade the international facilities, but even with Global Entry (and some of the automated kiosks were out of order!) we would have been hard pressed to make it to the ship.

Thank you everyone. I think I have to change my flight. :)

Even if you have considered the factors from flight arrival to port arrival, take also into account the required latest time for you to check-in at the port terminal before the ship leaves at 4pm.

I met a family traveling from the midwest USA to San Juan, and their flight was scheduled to arrive 3.5 hours prior to departure.

Keep in mind they close ship's check-in 60 minutes prior.

The flight was originally delayed 3 hours, so they were going to miss the ship.

Fortunately there was an aircraft tail swap, and so it was only delayed an hour. Talk about cutting it close!

Personally I arrive 1-2 days prior, but I realize not everyone has this flexibility.

I definitely think more time is required. However, I am curious - what would be the shortest connection time that Choice Air would offer? I know for departing Florida after a cruise, Choice Air generally doesn't offer us flights before early afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums