Liquor in St Marteen

Giantfan13

WE just got off the RCI Grandeur OTS, with stops in St Thomas, St Lucia, Barbados, Dominica and St Marteen. Without a doubt, if anyone is looking to buy liquor, this is the port to do it in. There prices were better than St Thomas where we did buy some, and better than our duty free shop on the ship. We found a store selling Absolut for $9 a liter and no one came close to that.

Cheers

Len

Where are these prices ? At the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a prices and selection link to our store of first choice.

If it is not on the list, just contact them and they will find it for you, if possible.

http://www.boozeitup-sxm.com/sites/all/themes/framework/content/files/booze-it-up-full.pdf

Store is on the road in/out of Maho Beach

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Booze it Up is a fine liquor store (and wine bar) but it is in Simpson Bay, a 20-30 minute taxi ride and about $15 each way.

I've never purchased liquor right at the Cruise Facility, but there are a number of liquor stores and shops selling liquor all along Frontstreet, downtown.

We have seen some of the best prices in Jewelry stores that offer liquor as a way to get you in the door, but there seem to be fewer of them around these days. We often find ourselves in Friendly, with a couple locations.

When we're staying on-island, we watch for ads at the supermarkets, which often have great sales, especially on wine.

gary

I agree Gary. We Americans find it unique than a jewelry store is selling liquor, but there are many there that do. While the prices that were posted in that link were ok, they were slightly higher, on most of the liquor we noticed.

Gosh, we saw one store selling some rum, made in St marten for $4.00 a bottle (2/$8.00). I'm sure it's not the best stuff, but $4.00 a liter.

And, as I said before, there was one store selling Absolut, 1 liter, for $9.00. No one even came close to that.

If you have a half an hour, just shop around on one block and you'll find several bargains and they deliver it back to the ship for you.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

I'm pretty sure that there is NO rum made on the island.

Ma DouDou and Guavaberry products are based on rum imported from other islands. Ma DouDou from the Dominican Republic, but I'm not sure about Guavaberry.

They are infused, finished and bottled on the island, but they are not produced there.

gary

p.s. We used to buy 500 ml of Absolute for $3, and they fit in a pocket, so easy to get back onboard.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Sheridan's coffee liqueur is sold in St. Marteen or in St, Thomas? I used to buy it on the ship but they stopped selling it last year.

We have purchased it in St Thomas for some friends of ours. (several years ago) ... Have not been to St Martin yet... so not sure about there.

Does anyone know if Sheridan's coffee liqueur is sold in St. Marteen or in St, Thomas? I used to buy it on the ship but they stopped selling it last year.

I've see it on both NCL and Princess ships. Since it's no longer imported into the US, I doubt if you will find it in St. Thomas. Luckily, I fly at least twice a year to London and pick up a bottle or two at Duty Free on my return through LHR. If any of the family is connecting through Dublin or Shannon for their return to the US, they know they need to pick up a few more bottles if they expect me to pick them up at BOS.

Darcy

I responded too quickly..... Google duty free liquor stores for each island, many have TF numbers to call or display pictures of "special" products on their site. First link I opened on St T was Dynasy/Dazzlers with two locations and a picture of the unique Sheridan's bottle.

Darcy

I have been buying liquor in St martin for years and I have found Friendly to have the best prices. I started buying from them when they had one store that was in a small alley off Front Street now they have three locations on Front Street so they must be doing something right. Their prices are negotiable if you are buying multiple bottles of liquor. I usually buy 6 liters and have them deliver to the ship. So far there has never been an issue getting the liquor brought to my cabin on the last night of the cruise.