Haven't Cruised in 15 years!

Mandylouwho

I have some questions...

We are bringing three kids with us on the NCL Escape 2/4/16. Dramamine....I can get this over the counter, no?

You recommend this, yes? What else beside the obvious...Advil, Benadryl and Tylenol, etc. I am lucky, as I got a cabin mid-ship.

I was a travel agent for so long and allllll of that crap I learned went right out of my head. Its been so long since I was in the game.

We ALWAYS travel with our timeshares and this is SO different for us to do. Any tips would be helpful. The kids are 11,11 and 9. Can I also get them in the same group at the Splash academy? I mean, the 9 year old is shy and almost 10...

TIA!!

The kids will be in the same youth group (10-12 years old). Get them enrolled on the first day. The cruise staff handles shy kids every week.

The Escape is a great ship for kids and "big kids"

You are already in the 90-day booking window for dinners and shows. Book them quickly.

If you know you get motion sickness, get prescription patches from your doctor.

What else beside the obvious...Advil, Benadryl and Tylenol, etc. I am lucky, as I got a cabin mid-ship.

I have a bag full of goodies that I take with us. Most of it never gets used, but I feel better dragging it along.

Like you said, Advil, Benadryl, Tylenol for sure

I also bring:

Pepto Bismol tablets

Tylenol complete and Tylenol flu

Cough drops

Imodium

Bandaids

Moleskin for blisters

aloe vera gel for sunburns

I can't think of what else off the top of my head and I don't want to tear my suitcase apart.

I can't comment on sea sickness or cruising with kids.

Not only can you get Dramaine over the counter, but there are generic brands with the EXACT same active ingredient. They have regular and non drowsy.

There are many other suggestions - do a search on seasick. Bands, ginger bills, patches, etc.

I have some questions...

The kids are 11,11 and 9. Can I also get them in the same group at the Splash academy? I mean, the 9 year old is shy and almost 10...

TIA!!

The kids will be in the same youth group (10-12 years old). Get them enrolled on the first day. The cruise staff handles shy kids every week.

The Escape is a great ship for kids and "big kids"

Sorry BirdTravels, that is incorrect.

The 9-year old will be in different group - he/she will NOT be in same group as the 11 year olds. NCL is very strict about the ages.

Edited by bluesea777