Star Azipod News and progress

karoo

Just got off the Star, there was not a lot of updates while onboard. The captain had just joined the ship and on his 2nd day broadcast made it quite clear he thought the ship should have been dry docked.

Other passengers told us they were testing the "repairs" when we left Sanya but I never heard it from any crew.

They have dropped a number of ports on their way back to Singapore so I would assume that means it is not fixed.

Ncl has already paid our 20% refund. Crew onboard were amazing but I had the feeling they felt let down by HQ.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

From our 27 March CC Roll Call (Dubai -> Venice):

See the response from Vivian Ewart, NCL:

Good morning:

Yes all of the repairs for the Norwegian Star will be completed with the termination of Jan 16 sailing.

Best,

Vivian

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

http://vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Just got off the Star, there was not a lot of updates while onboard. The captain had just joined the ship and on his 2nd day broadcast made it quite clear he thought the ship should have been dry docked. Crew onboard were amazing but I had the feeling they felt let down by HQ.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the crew is exhausted after these 3 difficult cruises. Hopefully, the ship will be fixed in Singapore and the current cruise will have 2/3 of the original itinerary. Who was the Captain on your sailing?

The Jan 16 cruise was sold as Hong Kong to Sydney.......is Vivian suggesting it will be fixed in Sydney.

I hope this not the case.......could be a slow trip down under.

I imagine they will miss ports to arrive in Singapore a day early and get it fixed there.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the crew is exhausted after these 3 difficult cruises. Hopefully, the ship will be fixed in Singapore and the current cruise will have 2/3 of the original itinerary. Who was the Captain on your sailing?

Matthias.

They are only stopping at nah trang on the way to Singapore

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I'm having a great time after some difficulties at the Hong Kong airport. The crew is great. Talk to the Hotel Director at the Cruise Critics meeting he from Greece said they think everything will be fixed by Singapore no guarantee. Felt guilty about hearing him talking about all the difficulties in Greece. I'm so very lucky with my life. I have decided I am going to try not to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vivian doesn't answer any emails and NCL still haven't given a refund for the cruise in December Please don't believe anything they say.

Vivian if you want to reply feel free keithirism@netscape.net

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we received our refund for the december 22 sailing 6 days after we cancelled, no problem.

Vivian is not really one person but a bank of people answering emails in her name cutting and pasting scripts into emails.

If you want an answer email one of the execs

Which sailing were you on?

This has been started for people who specifically want to discuss the azipod on the Star. Any news, technical discussion. It is not for people who are unhappy about the situation. Go to the earlier thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a reminder.

Another update about testing from a current cruiser:

Good news!!! I'm sitting in the main dining room having lunch I am along the window at the back of the ship and what do I see out in the water but two fantails!!! I guess the part for the azipod has been fabricated , installed and so far is operational. No news from the captain yet but my eyes can see it.

Good news!!! I'm sitting in the main dining room having lunch I am along the window at the back of the ship and what do I see out in the water but two fantails!!! I guess the part for the azipod has been fabricated , installed and so far is operational. No news from the captain yet but my eyes can see it.

Thanks for the info...will be on the Star next month, please keep us all up to date with the latest info !!

Hey that's good to hear! Attached is a pic from the stern taken on Jan 15....you can see that only the port side is propelling. The captain announced on the night of the 13th of having to stop the ship mid-course to do a propulsion system check. I was sad to see the starboard azipod not operating as Mattais said they were working very hard on manufacturing the part correctly to fix the problem. May all of you on board now and the future embarkationers have no propulsion issues going forward! We had a throughly enjoyable Jan 5 to 16 sailing. Although still disappointed with corporate NCL with their communication AND their vastly different nonsense compensation....the ship and all the crew were incredible. I hope you all now and later will find your Star experience as positive as we did the Star...albeit at a higher sailing speed than us.

IMG_20170115_152834.jpg.14aa9993de2a895cb9c1d7e513074fe7.jpg