What are the benefits of concierge rooms?

njpln

On the M class ships the Conciegre cabins a about 20 sq feet larger than a standard veranda cabin; on S class ships they are the same size. Conciegre perks are lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, footstools on the balcony, more Captains Club points and afternoon canapés; Those IMHO are unedible. The other listed perks are marketing hype.

These are the perks we enjoy:

NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• Priority check-in

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

• Exclusive pre-departure lounge

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

•Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work

• Welcome fresh fruit

• Daily Delectable Delights

• Pillow menu to suit sleeping preferences

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

• Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

We always take advantage of the welcome aboard lunch...it is nice to be seated and not have to battle the crowds in the buffet. And the bottle of sparkling wine and option for fresh fruit and daily snacks in our cabin....it's not that big of a thing, just makes the trip a little nicer. My husband is also very picky about his pillows, so it is nice to have options there.

We almost always book concierge...only time we didn't is when we had a sky suite. Enjoy your cruise!

We had Consierge on Nov cruise. I totally agree. Canapes are a waste. 4 little items. Celebrity makes it all sound like a lot to have Consierge class. But really only good thing are the extra points. I guess to each his own but not worth the extra money depending on how much extra it costs..if it over $20 it's too much..just my opinion.

Location, location, location. On M Class ships, this makes a huge difference. We love Deck 7 aft and the massive balconies.

Yes! And they're half covered, so adds some privacy, you can sit in sun or shade, but the cover is not so overwhelming that your cabin feels like a cave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Swap the canapes (yes they are awful) for a cheese platter or some other munchies if you want a snack in the afternoon, we did exactly that.

Do you just ask your room stewart to change to cheese platter?

Location, location, location. On M Class ships, this makes a huge difference. We love Deck 7 aft and the massive balconies.

Location, location, location. We used to love booking C2 cabins 2105 to 2112 on deck on the S Class ships. Great location to Oceanview Cafe and the pool. We now book Aqua and Sky Suites.

The points are about the only real "perk" I actually found useful. The canapes are a waste and if you stay out late could quite possibly get you ill if you eat them (picture raw fish sitting for hours!). There's a whole buffet full of food 5 minutes away if you need a snack. I used the priority check in and my friends in the regular line got on before we did. Lotta hype, not much substance.

I only take the C cabins if the price is really close to the regular Veranda cabins.

No much at all , aqua class is better.

I would disagree. But that is because I want an aft balcony cabin!

Also wouldn't want to eat in Blu after some of the reviews I have seen, but it is the cabin location that seals it for us!

Cheers

Gerry

On the M class ships the Conciegre cabins a about 20 sq feet larger than a standard veranda cabin; on S class ships they are the same size. Conciegre perks are lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, footstools on the balcony, more Captains Club points and afternoon canapés; Those IMHO are unedible. The other listed perks are marketing hype.

From what I understand in another thread the afternoon canapés have stopped. We are in a sweet class, Sky Suite, and from what I understand you now have to go to Michael's club for afternoon snacks. Of course there's always room service.

I would disagree. But that is because I want an aft balcony cabin!

Also wouldn't want to eat in Blu after some of the reviews I have seen, but it is the cabin location that seals it for us!

Cheers

Gerry

Totally agree. Well said. We were in concierge and loved it, the embarkation lunch was great...We were going in to the lunch and there were passengers having a hissy at the staff as they couldn't go in as they were Aqua... lol. Was a bit funny. :D

Totally agree. Well said. We were in concierge and loved it, the embarkation lunch was great...We were going in to the lunch and there were passengers having a hissy at the staff as they couldn't go in as they were Aqua... lol. Was a bit funny. :D

Do you mean that the higher "class" Aqua cabins are not eligible for the same benefits of Concierge cabins? I would have thought that Aqua (or Suites) would have the same benefits as all the "lower" class cabins plus some extra.

Couldn't agree more!

Do you mean that the higher "class" Aqua cabins are not eligible for the same benefits of Concierge cabins? I would have thought that Aqua (or Suites) would have the same benefits as all the "lower" class cabins plus some extra.

Aqua is currently not entitled to the embarkation day lunch in the MDR. That being said, many folks would likely not even want that luncheon since it has a very limited menu. From our point of view we only consider Concierge if we a cabin location we want is in that class....and if the pricing is about the same as a regular balcony. Otherwise, we think the only plus benefit are the balcony foot stools....and that is not worth more then a few extra dollars per cruise. We have little use for a so-called Concierge for multiple reasons. A friend (in a suite) on our recent Eclipse cruise used the Concierge to book reservations in Murano. They did get their desired time, but paid full price for their dinner (they had already used up their free perks). We managed to get reservations for the same night in Murano, but I negotiated a 30% discount by negotiating directly with the Murano Maitre'd.

Hank

HAHA, wish I was there to see that ! :)

HAHA, wish I was there to see that ! :)

Was pretty funny. :D. They go..... " but I am in Aqua, a class above Concierge..... you mean to tell me, the lower class get to dine in here and we don't"

I kid you not....(anyone would think we were on the titanic) . but, the funniest thing was, they asked where they were to go for lunch and was told the buffet :p

We enjoyed our lunch, it wasn't a huge menu but what was on it was sooooo delicious, the lamb cutlets were awesome. 3 courses all great, with nice wine and drinks was a lovely way to start our holiday. And it was nice and quiet.

I don't know how many passengers it would be vs how many the dining room could handle, but I wish it was "concierge or above" rooms that had access to lunch...that would free up some space in the always crowded buffet.

I suppose they figure since concierge cabins are really just a higher priced cabin with no (or at least not many added benefits besides location and points) they can give them a mdr lunch and it doesn't cost the company much money.