People that have MORE than 2 kids...not everyone got snipped after 2!

Mandylouwho

I HAD to have three, didn't I?? For the record, I had 2 at once (thats twins, for those not paying attention), so the third just felt natural. Now, I feel like when I travel I'm being punished.

I currently have a family ocean view room booked on the escape for 2/3. it seems that, besides the Havens, this was the only viable option.

I mean. Do MOST people have just 2 kids? Is it me? Am I nuts? Besides Disney (And I don't have 11 gajillion dollas'), NCL was the only one that seemed to be even remotely understanding of my situation. But how is it that groups don't have better options?

Am I cray?

Mom and twins in 1 stateroom.

Dad and kid #3 in connecting stateroom.

Open connecting door and all 5 are together with plenty of room.

We thought of that...then your just paying more for 1st and 2nd....plus it's amazing how limited their connecting room availability is :(

I think a regular cabin with 4 in it would be a cramped enough. NCL does have some cabins for 5, but it's limited. Let's face it, Cabin aren't very big. If they were, there'd be fewer cabins and they all would need to cost more. You want 5 in a cabin. What about those who have 4 kids, should there cabins for them too, without going to suites? Not sure you're being realistic about it, from the cruise line standpoint.

It is a constant struggle for our family of 5 as well. We had a family oceanview on the Getaway and actually loved it! Our children are 16, 11, and 8. We had no problems with storage, there was a curtain for privacy, and the window is so large you can actually sit in it. The only issue we ran into was the kids wanting to sleep on the pullman. So they rotated every night. The room also had 2 sinks and a bathtub. Our most recent couple of cruises we have gotten 2 side by side family balcony cabins because the price allowed for it. But should the price ever go up I would not hesitate going back to a family oceanview. I do wish there were more options for larger families. One other option you could do is a balcony with an inside straight across. You just have to make sure the inside room has a door that is directly across. That option works out nice price wise as well. It all depends on how your family does in one cabin. We are the type of family that don't mind being in a cabin all together. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin anyways. Oh yes and there is a great video on youtube that shows the family oceanview with all the beds pulled out. It is on the Breakaway but is the exact same cabin.

Figure out who your 2 favorites are and leave the other home.

Ha!

Even better, leave them with grandma and go without them all!

A friend of mine cruises with her 3 young ones. She takes the babysitter along, puts the four of them in a family inside and gets the balcony across with her husband.

The sitter, an older teen, goes about her own business most of the day, sunning, etc and heads back to the cabin in the evening to stay with the littles while the parents go out for the night. Works nice for them. The kids club doesn't work well for them, as they span age groups and the younger two go to bed pretty early.

A friend of mine cruises with her 3 young ones. She takes the babysitter along, puts the four of them in a family inside and gets the balcony across with her husband.

I believe a recent Ncl policy change would prevent it from being booked that way (although you could shift people around once on board). They made me place someone over 21 in our adjoining cabin. They wouldn't allow us to book it as a 19, 16 and 15 year old in one room, even though we were next door in connected rooms.

We thought of that...then your just paying more for 1st and 2nd....plus it's amazing how limited their connecting room availability is :(

Just a heads up, there are plenty of connecting cabins, but they are booked early. We've always booked connecting balconies, but usually about a year in advance. We live 10 miles from NYC, would love to take advantage of last minute deals, but want our connecting cabins.

Just a heads up, there are plenty of connecting cabins, but they are booked early. We've always booked connecting balconies, but usually about a year in advance. We live 10 miles from NYC, would love to take advantage of last minute deals, but want our connecting cabins.

Remember the old saying:- "Some things are more easily said then done".

I mean. Do MOST people have just 2 kids? Is it me? Am I nuts? Besides Disney (And I don't have 11 gajillion dollas'), NCL was the only one that seemed to be even remotely understanding of my situation. But how is it that groups don't have better options?

Not saying you want to but Carnival has ships that accommodate 5 in a cabin, even interior (Yikes!)... All Fantasy class I think. One leaves from Charleston, SC...

I don't understand the dilemma. Either book a cabin that accommodates 5 or book 2 cabins. It's as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me 'splain Lucy.

So, I was a travel agent for 13 years. And I used to HATE it when people told me they had more than 2 kids. Why? Because it made my job harder and made life traveling difficult for them.

Then I had three. I get it now.

So here we are, and I use Disney as a good example.

Back in the day, you had this option with three kids. 2 rooms, camping, an offsite hotel that was WAY more accommodating and a little too far away, a room in Port Orleans Hotel, if you could snag one with a trundle or a really expensive suite that puts you in the poor house and has you eating Ramen noodles for a year to afford it. (Or you could sell a kidney).

THEN, Disney got the picture and built the Art of Animation Resort. Its a suite based hotel with larger families in mind. Budget. NOT suites.

With cruises it was standing room only. Sorry kid, you can't come (As someone pointed out, you pick your 2 faves and leave the other at home). You didn't do cruises unless you could afford a suite, or didn't mind sleeping apart (Back when they didn't have connecting rooms and the kids were too small to sleep alone).

So you see, all I am asking for is more options. Why can't I have a budget inside family room? WHY? Im not asking for vast amounts of space. I get staterooms are small, it's a part of the experience and all that. All I am asking for is a place to fit my kids without having maybe 2 other options before I hock grandmas candlesticks.

I hope that helps 'splain.

I don't understand the dilemma. Either book a cabin that accommodates 5 or book 2 cabins. It's as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhh Yeah. Comon, the world does not revolve around our individual problems and needs. Another option, don't go on a cruise.

I think a regular cabin with 4 in it would be a cramped enough. NCL does have some cabins for 5, but it's limited. Let's face it, Cabin aren't very big. If they were, there'd be fewer cabins and they all would need to cost more. You want 5 in a cabin. What about those who have 4 kids, should there cabins for them too, without going to suites? Not sure you're being realistic about it, from the cruise line standpoint.

I get the cruises standpoint. I was TA for a long while. 13 years is a long time when you hate people and selling things.:p

I just wish, even in limited capacity they had family insides, oceans, balcs, etc. They have rooms in all cats that fit more than 4.

It's a pipe dream, maybe.

It is a constant struggle for our family of 5 as well. We had a family oceanview on the Getaway and actually loved it! Our children are 16, 11, and 8. We had no problems with storage, there was a curtain for privacy, and the window is so large you can actually sit in it. The only issue we ran into was the kids wanting to sleep on the pullman. So they rotated every night. The room also had 2 sinks and a bathtub. Our most recent couple of cruises we have gotten 2 side by side family balcony cabins because the price allowed for it. But should the price ever go up I would not hesitate going back to a family oceanview. I do wish there were more options for larger families. One other option you could do is a balcony with an inside straight across. You just have to make sure the inside room has a door that is directly across. That option works out nice price wise as well. It all depends on how your family does in one cabin. We are the type of family that don't mind being in a cabin all together. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin anyways. Oh yes and there is a great video on youtube that shows the family oceanview with all the beds pulled out. It is on the Breakaway but is the exact same cabin.

THANK YOU. See? Someone gets it. And thank you for the tip. I went on YT and found it! They are bigger than I thought!! <3