Allure - tips and tricks - secrets :-)

Hi everyone. I saw a great post about the Oasis about tips and tricks. Did a quick search for the Allure and could not find anything. Has anyone seen anything similar here with respect to the Allure?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So would I! I'm so glad you started this thread- I'm hoping for some good insider info! All I find is that for some reason, people who have sailed on both the Allure and Oasis somehow like the Allure better...but I can't find out why!

Edited by mimirdh

So would I! I'm so glad you started this thread- I'm hoping for some good insider info! All I find is that for some reason, people who have sailed on both the Allure and Oasis somehow like the Allure better...but I can't find out why!

I've sailed both twice and the Allure has the best crew! The service was outstanding on the Allure. The Oasis crew seemed tired and not interested in providing anything more than basic service. I suspect it is because of the Captain, but that's just my opinion. I believe that the morale of a crew starts with the Captain. If expectations are set high, then the crew responds.

Since the two ships are identical, whatever tips or secrets you find about the Oasis will apply to the Allure.

Since the two ships are identical, whatever tips or secrets you find about the Oasis will apply to the Allure.

I don't mean to nit-pick (especially since I have not been on the Allure), but they're not quite identical. (I assume everyone knows about CATS vs. Mamma Mia so I'm not referring to that.)

One difference that you cannot currently find out on the RCI web site when looking at the list of ship details/amenities is that Allure has the Samba Grill specialty dining restaurant that is only open for dinner, in the converted Solarium. It's weird that they don't mention it in the ship's highlights for dining. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=AL&br=R

Personally I hope to book Allure at some point in the future to try this restaurant. It might not appeal to everyone but most reports I've read about it on CC say it's great :)

I don't mean to nit-pick (especially since I have not been on the Allure), but they're not quite identical. (I assume everyone knows about CATS vs. Mamma Mia so I'm not referring to that.)

One difference that you cannot currently find out on the RCI web site when looking at the list of ship details/amenities is that Allure has the Samba Grill specialty dining restaurant that is only open for dinner, in the converted Solarium. It's weird that they don't mention it in the ship's highlights for dining. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=AL&br=R

Personally I hope to book Allure at some point in the future to try this restaurant. It might not appeal to everyone but most reports I've read about it on CC say it's great :)

We had a great dinner at Samba this week and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

We also found that despite the MDR no longer serving the carved beef tenderloin or filet they did have filet available in the WJ at least one evening.

I've sailed both twice and the Allure has the best crew! The service was outstanding on the Allure. The Oasis crew seemed tired and not interested in providing anything more than basic service. I suspect it is because of the Captain, but that's just my opinion. I believe that the morale of a crew starts with the Captain. If expectations are set high, then the crew responds.

Oh my GOSH! THANK YOU!!!!! Thank you for your response!! We sailed on the Navigator a few weeks ago and were supposed to sail on the Nav for the 9 day April 14....well the crew on the Nav when we sailed was one reason why we changed to another ship as soon as we got home. Not bashing the Nav per se, as I know it's a matter of taste and certainly depends on the week, the season, the passengers,the port, the captain, etc...maybe it was just an off week but it was enough for my husband and I to rethink April as we had issues from the time we stepped off the shuttle at Miami to the time we left the ship).

Anyway- I've gone from "yes it will be nice to get away in April" to "HECK YEAH! IM GONNA SAIL ON THE ALLURE!!!":D

Hi everyone. I saw a great post about the Oasis about tips and tricks. Did a quick search for the Allure and could not find anything. Has anyone seen anything similar here with respect to the Allure?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since both ships came out, they have become more alike, so many of those tips will still apply. My best tip for the class, plan alternative routes between places. When people get out of shows or dining they head to the nearest elevator.

OMG

We love the Allure and will be sailing again on her this upcoming August for the fourth time.

Why:

Love the friendliness of the staff, sure this could be hit or miss, but love the crew.

Enjoy the shows, and look forward to attending them.

We are able to get early seating for dinner, and this way we can roam the ship and explore after dinner or not miss a show.

Oh hate the desserts in the MDR, but it is good, helps one stick to a diet.

Late night in the Promenade.

The music in bars at night.

The still newness and cleanlness of the ship.

Enjoy leaving out of FLL

Love sail away in the suite lounge.

Have never had an issue with getting a lounger near the pool, it may not be the closest but have always had one.

Enjoy the mid afternoon frozen sherbert pool side.

Yup it is so similar to the Oasis, but we do enjoy the Allure more.

We have Samba Grill booked for our Allure cruise this month. Something different.

By no means do i rate myself a cruise expert, but as my upcoming Easter cruise on Allure will be my 3rd time, so you might say we like her. I like the food options better. Samba Is meat, meat and ok, more meat. Have done it twice. we like the different sections. Boardwalk is nice for little ones. Merry-go-round, some game type places. All the water shows are there including Belly Flop. Donuts in the morning. A hot dog stand with 4-5 choices. Johnny rockets, rock climbing wall also. it is aft deck 6. Central Park is deck 8, nice and tranquil. Park Cafe, Chops, and Giovannis also here. Park Cafe an option for light breakfast fare (to skip WJ). also good sandwiches and salads. It's a good pass through to get from stern to aft elevators.

The pool deck has neat kiddie section, a sports pool. An ice cream machine is here. (tip, i bring a glass and spoon from WJ. otherwise you use the cones and they are small.) The Solarium is very nice and offers a large shaded area for us non sun bathers.

Our disappointment with Oasis was with the staff. (2 years ago)

Our disappointment with Oasis was with the staff. (2 years ago)

I so agree, like I posted above.

There were some unique no assisting personalities on the Oasis

Whatever.

As long as we have the Allure

Safe travels.