Here's a new one for you!

CruisinNana

My husband and I have booked an SA cabin on an upcoming cruise. My snoring is evidently bothering him lately because he now leaves in the middle of the night and sleeps in another bedroom! Is it possible for us to book an inside cabin for him to move to if my snoring bothers him during the night? I know we have to pay a single supplement price (100%) and gratuities on the inside cabin, but can we put his name on two cabins? I want him to be able to enjoy the Neptune Lounge and therefore do not want to take his name off the suite. (Or visa versa if I am the one to leave.....not! His snoring doesn't bother me!)

Help me think this one through before I ask my TA for help!

I've never done this, nor have I talked to people who have, but ...

I have heard tales of well-heeled people taking exceptionally long cruises, such as world cruises, and booking a suite for themselves, and an inside cabin for all their clothes and things.

I do not know how true these tales are! But, I do think they give validity to the idea of asking your TA/PCC about the possibility. What harm can it do? (I'm sure they've heard stranger questions, and they don't need the back story.)

One rule I learned a long time ago: If you don't ask, you don't find out.

Good luck in your quest.

(oh, and maybe try a different type of mask; I had a hard time adjusting, too.)

I've never done this, nor have I talked to people who have, but ...

I have heard tales of well-heeled people taking exceptionally long cruises, such as world cruises, and booking a suite for themselves, and an inside cabin for all their clothes and things.

I do not know how true these tales are! But, I do think they give validity to the idea of asking your TA/PCC about the possibility. What harm can it do? (I'm sure they've heard stranger questions, and they don't need the back story.)

One rule I learned a long time ago: If you don't ask, you don't find out.

Good luck in your quest.

(oh, and maybe try a different type of mask; I had a hard time adjusting, too.)

Thanks Ruth! I always appreciate your responses on Cruise Critic.

It has been several years since I wrestled with the mask. Surely there have been advances made on the comfort of the contraption! But I don't have time for that before our cruise.

Don't even think about booking 2 cabins.

Your husband's name can not be on two cabin bookings.

Thus you will have to pay 200% solo fare for the Neptune Suite and he will probably have to pay either 200% or close to it for an inside cabin.

AND he will not be able to use the Neptune Lounge. But if you are willing to pay those higher fares, you can bring back food from the Neptune Lounge for him -- continental breakfast and snacks while the Neptune Lounge is open.

I hope one of the previous posts was in jest....it did make me smile because on the rare instances that I might snore my wife threatens to send me to the couch.

I'll just say that there is no way that he can bed down on a balcony. Flammable materials will never be allowed regardless of the itinerary.

David

Don't even think about booking 2 cabins.

Your husband's name can not be on two cabin bookings.

Thus you will have to pay 200% solo fare for the Neptune Suite and he will probably have to pay either 200% or close to it for an inside cabin.

AND he will not be able to use the Neptune Lounge. But if you are willing to pay those higher fares, you can bring back food from the Neptune Lounge for him -- continental breakfast and snacks while the Neptune Lounge is open.

We both enjoy the lounge. I will ask and expect the answer will be exactly what you described. But as Ruth suggested.....ask and hear what they say.

I hope one of the previous posts was in jest....it did make me smile because on the rare instances that I might snore my wife threatens to send me to the couch.

I'll just say that there is no way that he can bed down on a balcony. Flammable materials will never be allowed regardless of the itinerary.

David

Jest or not... you can use flammable materials on the balcony as long as you are there with them. Do not leave them there when you go inside.

I have often taken a pillow and blanket outside and cozied up in the lounger. I love to listen to the sea sounds. m--

RMLincoln,

I agree, HAL even provides blankets with Veranda cabins for your use. I spend much time on our veranda when we have one, frequently with at least a pillow and then a blanket when needed. This can include after the show in the evening - love to watch and hear the waves, stars and other ships on occasion. Certainly bring them in when you go in, not only for potential flammable properties, but they can also blow overboard if the winds kick up, ship changes course, etc.

I slept on the verandah several nights on my Alaskan (yes, Alaska!) cruise. My travel companion knew she snored like a freight train, but didn't bother to tell me. Her defense was "well, it doesn't affect me". I waited until she was asleep and then grabbed what I needed to make myself comfortable and slept outside.

My wonderful DH says I "purr" in my sleep; allegedly some nights I purr so loud that the windows rattle.:eek: He's found sleep again with the assistance of silicone ear plugs from Walmart (the foam plugs work their way out in the night). He says they're more comfortable than the foam because they don't splay out and hurt his ear canals. Hey, whatever works.

On the other side of the bed, I got used to his snoring many years ago. After his sextuple bypass whenever I heard him snoring, I was able to relax because it meant he was alive. Strange how that works.

Has your DH tried a white noise machine? Friends of ours have one and both say it really masks the sounds of sawing logs.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

My husband and I have booked an SA cabin on an upcoming cruise. My snoring is evidently bothering him lately because he now leaves in the middle of the night and sleeps in another bedroom! Is it possible for us to book an inside cabin for him to move to if my snoring bothers him during the night? I know we have to pay a single supplement price (100%) and gratuities on the inside cabin, but can we put his name on two cabins? I want him to be able to enjoy the Neptune Lounge and therefore do not want to take his name off the suite. (Or visa versa if I am the one to leave.....not! His snoring doesn't bother me!)

Is there a some one you can offer a cruise to such as a son or grandson etc that way they have the inside room and when hubby needs to leave he can go sleep with them. Maybe a early birthday gift? ;)

Sounds to me as though a trip to the doctor and examination for sleep apnea is in order! I used to snore like a freight train too until I was fitted with a CPAP machine. Loud snoring is the prime sign that you could be having trouble breathing during sleep. On testing they discovered I stopped breathing63 times an hour. Any one of those times...if prolonged could have meant my demise!

It is so quiet in our room now, my DH has to touch me to make sure I am still alive.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!!

Sounds like a reasonable solution to me but I really do not know. If you are using a TA for the cruise, that is what you are paying them to handle. Call your TA and tell them to make it happen. How they make it happen is their problem.

DON

My wonderful DH says I "purr" in my sleep; allegedly some nights I purr so loud that the windows rattle.:eek: He's found sleep again with the assistance of silicone ear plugs from Walmart (the foam plugs work their way out in the night). He says they're more comfortable than the foam because they don't splay out and hurt his ear canals. Hey, whatever works.

On the other side of the bed, I got used to his snoring many years ago. After his sextuple bypass whenever I heard him snoring, I was able to relax because it meant he was alive. Strange how that works.

Has your DH tried a white noise machine? Friends of ours have one and both say it really masks the sounds of sawing logs.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks Ger 77! I will definitely try to locate the ear plugs you refer to. Love your sense of humor!

Is there a some one you can offer a cruise to such as a son or grandson etc that way they have the inside room and when hubby needs to leave he can go sleep with them. Maybe a early birthday gift? ;)

Such a wonderful plan. We love cruising with our grand kids and have done so many times. All are either in college or high school during our upcoming cruise so not available. I have a feeling if they were available, they would all want to go. Now that gets expensive! Been there, done that!

Sounds like a reasonable solution to me but I really do not know. If you are using a TA for the cruise, that is what you are paying them to handle. Call your TA and tell them to make it happen. How they make it happen is their problem.

DON

As soon as she gets home from the Alabama championship game, I will call her and give her the challenge!

Just curious, wouldn't it be cheaper to book the penthouse , and one of you sleep on the sofa?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would be a wonderful solution. Penthouse not available. I stayed in the Penthouse with 3 girlfriends and it was great! I booked this cruise just a few months out so not much available. I was happy to get the SA.