If you were offered a free ticket for any cruise ship in the world...

BoiiMcFly

If we go dream big and I get all the time off work, paid, them I'm quite partial to Azamara's 2018 world cruise. If not, then a 14 day on Paul Gauguin

I like the sound of the Azamara cruise, but then I would take just about anything, anywhere.

If we go dream big and I get all the time off work, paid, them I'm quite partial to Azamara's 2018 world cruise. If not, then a 14 day on Paul Gauguin

I assumed work wasn't in this conversation hence I chose the World. If someone is buying me any cruise I'm picking one for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. No way do I want to do a round-the-world cruise. I get antsy after about 10 days. I just get tired of the food, people and close quarters.

I chose a Viking ship and in my dream scenario, it would only be about a 10-12 day cruise.

We have only ever done 7 day cruises. We always get the itch to get off at Day 5. We may find the "courage" to make our way to a 10 day soon. On a world cruise I would lose my mind. Figure I would grow gills and swim home.

Regent Seven Seas Explorer...their newest ship....especially if it would do the world cruise. But I will be more than satisfied on the '18 world cruise on the Regent Seven Seas Navgator for 137 days

Agree 100%. To be on the "Most Luxurious Ship Ever Built" for 137 days would be as over the top as you can get (IMHO).

I agree. No way do I want to do a round-the-world cruise. I get antsy after about 10 days. I just get tired of the food, people and close quarters.

I chose a Viking ship and in my dream scenario, it would only be about a 10-12 day cruise.

Of course I would get tired of the food, the crowding (and some of the people) on some ships much sooner than on other ships.

There is a wide range of ships, and itineraries, from which to choose: and recognizing the reality that no one is going to pay for whatever I might choose; my reality is that have to distinguish between those ships you could not pay me enough to spend two weeks aboard, and others for which I would be willing to pay dearly for one week.

Of course I would get tired of the food, the crowding (and some of the people) on some ships much sooner than on other ships.

There is a wide range of ships, and itineraries, from which to choose: and recognizing the reality that no one is going to pay for whatever I might choose; my reality is that have to distinguish between those ships you could not pay me enough to spend two weeks aboard, and others for which I would be willing to pay dearly for one week.

Since this is a fantasy, I would think that many people would prefer a ship where crowding isn't an issue - that was all-inclusive and didn't have thousands of people on board (although some people do enjoy the crowds). Also, in this fantasy world, people may want to take a honeymoon or special anniversary cruise without children. IMO, even 7 days on a luxury ship is amazing.

Another fantasy option would be a large yacht where you can take all of your family and friends for a week. It's fun letting your mind wander a bit.

Hapag LLoyd Cruise lines runs a single cruise from Alaska, up over the top of Russia and down to Bergen about once ever OTHER year... Even more than a Northwest passage trip (My close second choice that Hapag LLoyd also does) this is my dream cruise...

I like Princess ships. I have no interest in being on a massive ship so I don't know if we'll like the regal or Royal but it may be interesting to have a cruise on one of those. A big factor would be itinerary as there's a few on our dream list (Aussie/NZ, South America, baltic).