Pets on the ship

Jamericannn

As a pet owner who has stayed in many pet friendly hotels, with and without my pets, I would have to say no to having them on a ship. I haven't ever had a problem with room cleanliness or noise while staying in the pet friendly hotels, but on a ship it is different. For one, there is no outdoor natural space to walk the dogs and allow them to relieve themselves. Also, unless you have a balcony most people spend little time in the room, which would mean there would be barking dogs left unattended or dogs in the common areas taking up already limited space. Pet friendly hotels do not have an indoor space for animal bathroom breaks because it would be stinky and unsanitary.

In addition to sanitary and noise problems, what if the animal were to get sick? There is no emergency vet on a ship. Plus, animals can get motion sickness too. My pets were definitely content to stay at home and get loads of attention from my pet sitter while I was away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carnival Cruise Line only permits service/working dogs on board our ships. Therapy/companion or service dogs in training are not permitted onboard.

It's been two Carnival cruises now where we have heard people telling those who ask that their dogs are emotional support dogs. One couple each had a Westie on their lap and admitted they just couldn't be without their pets so they renamed one Paxil and the other Zoloft for the cruise like that was funny and they pulled one over on Carnival. We were disgusted.

Edited by AHS123

I have two little maltese's

One is very protective of me. Don't like strangers either..

the other (rescue as a pup) will piddle if he gets scared or excited

That is way I pay the two teens down the street to come to my house several times a day, they all like each other ..

When they give the fur babies a "treat" they get "teen treats too." It's a win win..

I have camera's that I can monitor them from my phone too. :)

Now if one "really" needs one that's fine.. but I have seen some little 2lb dogs for "companion/depression" well then you need to find another vacation.

Edited by rjrice1

When I wrote this post I honestly thought I would be getting bashed for saying I wouldn't want animals on my cruise. I am glad to see that majority of cruisers agree with me. If we all agree then we know it can never happen because we do the paying so we have the power.

Another vote for NO (except for real service animals, of course). My wife and I have a cat, and she seems quite content to stay in her own apartment (that she very kindly lets us use). We have a battery operated feeder that gives her breakfast and dinner, a neighbor comes in every day to scoop the litter box and give her fresh water, and we have a camera aimed at the food and water area so we can check on her from time to time on our phones. There's no way that we would want to drag her on a ship, not to mention the inconvenience to other passengers (or the room steward) who might be allergic to her.

Edited by Langoustine

I'm reminded, here, of some meme on the internet that was a hotel sign and said, in effect," Pets Are Welcomed. We've never had a pet destroy a room in a drunken fit, or cause a fist fight, or disrespect other guests, etc., etc,. So if you are a pet you are welcomed here, and if you can guarantee that your owners would never do any of the above things, we might just let them stay here too." Or some such. :D

But I do agree that there is flagrant abuse of the so called Therapy/companions service animals and fake certificates and service vest bloom on web sites. That's why airlines are seeking restrictions. Cruise ships should do so as well. Which for this board, means Carnival should enforce it's policy strictly and not just pay lip service to restrictions like it does for chair hogs. Hmmm, a chair hog might just be a service/working animal--certainly the latter.:D

It's been two Carnival cruises now where we have heard people telling those who ask that their dogs are emotional support dogs. One couple each had a Westie on their lap and admitted they just couldn't be without their pets so they renamed one Paxil and the other Zoloft for the cruise like that was funny and they pulled one over on Carnival. We were disgusted.

See, that's why I wish businesses would start actually clamping down on this crap! They know it's b.s. and are still "pulling one over." Nice! :rolleyes: Unfortunately, businesses are so afraid of being sued for every little thing, so they just keep giving in to things it seems. Just like a parent to a child, it's OK to say no!

There is no real certification for service animals and if an owner says it's a service animal you can't make them prove it. Many peple pay about $75 on line for a certificate so their pet doesn't have to pay airfare. No, pets don't belong on a cruise ship. Patients are always bringing their dogs to appointments and frankly they stink and the smeall lasts for 2 days. Service animals do not stink. Owners take better care of them.

So, I went into google, typed in service dog vests and here's one of hundreds that came up. Note the comment I underlined below...."your dog can be a service dog".

Service Dog Vests - US Service Dog Vest Kit.

Ad · usdogregistry.org/service-dog-vest

Register, Get Service Dog Vest Kit. Simple. No-Hassle Service Dog Vest.

Service dog, emotional support dog, and therapy dog registration ...

usdogregistry.org has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month

All 50 States · Packages Available · Whole Life · Happy To Help

Register Your Dog Now

Service Dog Registration

ID & Vest Kits

Any Dog May Qualify

Your dog can be a service dog

Register and get kit today

Emotional Support Dog Kit

Emotional Support Dog

Registration and Kit

Service Dog Kit

Get your service dog kit

ID & Vest kits available

It's just too easy and another way to thumb one's nose at the rules!

I could bring my little yorkie/maltese (morkie) on the ship to guard my serenity lounge chair while I shower, have breakfast, watch the morning show and then come to sunbathe ! :p

How will you ever manage to do all that without your emotional support animal with you?

I could bring my little yorkie/maltese (morkie) on the ship to guard my serenity lounge chair while I shower, have breakfast, watch the morning show and then come to sunbath ! :p

j/k :D

I have a anxiety disorder, I have attacks if I can't have to perfect seat wherever I go so I must bring my service dog to hold my spot on deck, lido, and at shows!!!! Sadly I could see people actually doing that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

]]It's been two Carnival cruises now where we have heard people telling those who ask that their dogs are emotional support dogs[/b]. One couple each had a Westie on their lap and admitted they just couldn't be without their pets so they renamed one Paxil and the other Zoloft for the cruise like that was funny and they pulled one over on Carnival. We were disgusted[/color].

I have seen those people with their emotional support dogs, they said they sleep in Carnival beds with them :eek:.

Edited by BoDidly

I have seen those people with their emotional support dogs, they said they sleep in Carnival beds with them :eek:.

and leaving skid marks because it has worms!

Seriously though fleas could become an issue in cabins and public rooms so fumigation would be necessary so there's that to consider.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I have a anxiety disorder, I have attacks if I can't have to perfect seat wherever I go so I must bring my service dog to hold my spot on deck, lido, and at shows!!!! Sadly I could see people actually doing that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

horsegal , no their not going to allow a horse ;)

Those they are saying no pets on Carnival ships are wrong, sorry about that tidbit of info. Carnival has allowed pets onboard other than service animals in the past.

I think they are asking about today not "back in the day." And I agree with the others...Oh, hell no! Some people don't clean up after their dog on land so no reason to think they would do it at sea. And how long would it take for a small cabin to smell like urine?

I think they are asking about today not "back in the day." And I agree with the others...Oh, hell no! Some people don't clean up after their dog on land so no reason to think they would do it at sea. And how long would it take for a small cabin to smell like urine?

Having stayed in many many pet friendly hotels, I have never once had a room that smelled like urine. I really hope that people don't assume that every pet owner allows this type of behavior. I have a small zoo in my house and zero smell.

That being said, still no way to allowing pets on a ship...just wanted to clear the stigma that pet owners are gross

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Back in the day :) Try last year ,really surprised my wife when the lady in the elevator called the dog Fee Fee . They're doing it people . Emotional support is real.