Missed port costa maya

Live in costa may FYI seas are rough and heavy winds the Ncl jade successfully docked but rhapsody is sitting out and sea deciding not to dock. Remember that it's never safe to book your own private excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stay safe out there!

As for private excursions - I have never seen one that doesn't offer a full refund if the ship does not dock! Maybe there are some - but I haven't found them yet!

While I'm a fan of rccl I am actually on the jade so I'm sitting here on deck 13 enjoying my ultimate beverage package at the pier watching rhapsody. I've been on 28 cruises and never missed a port. I can only imagine how long the line is at their guest services desk especially since they can see us docked.

If your looking at costa maya as a stop there is a dolphin swim right here at port $149 to swim.

... Remember that it's never safe to book your own private excursions...
Sorry, but that is false. I have done a number of private excursions in the Caribbean and every one has had a policy of no charge if the ship doesn't make it. I have had cruises in the South Pacific where the 50% deposit was forfeited if the ship didn't make it, but haven't seen that in the Caribbean. Perhaps there are vendors who charge, but never say never:p

Sorry, but that is false. I have done a number of private excursions in the Caribbean and every one has had a policy of no charge if the ship doesn't make it. I have had cruises in the South Pacific where the 50% deposit was forfeited if the ship didn't make it, but haven't seen that in the Caribbean. Perhaps there are vendors who charge, but never say never:p

Let me add to that. DW had a medical issue and we had to return home mid way through a cruise. We had a number of private excursions lined up for the second week, some with a deposit, but each of the companies responded to my email, explaining why we couldn't be there, with best wishes for my wife. Those holding deposits returned them without even being asked.

Sorry that those aboard the Rhapsody will have to miss the port.

But, I will continue to book private excursions. The private companies rely heavily on their reviews from that advising website. If they provided bad service, they would get a bad review. That's why they are usually so much better than the cruise ship excursions!

Live in costa may FYI seas are rough and heavy winds the Ncl jade successfully docked but rhapsody is sitting out and sea deciding not to dock. Remember that it's never safe to book your own private excursions.

Sorry you are missing the port. That happened to us in November only we were on Freedom and we made it to the dock first and NCL Epic did not make it. Seems when there are high winds the outer side of the pier is fairly safe to access but difficult to get to the inner side of the pier.

That is a blanket statement full of holes.

We almost missed Costa Maya once on Jewel, but the day was saved by our Captain telling the Disney Captain to "grow a pair"

Stay safe out there!

As for private excursions - I have never seen one that doesn't offer a full refund if the ship does not dock! Maybe there are some - but I haven't found them yet!

You were the first to post about that erroneous statement and at least you qualified your response nicely.

I have been very critical of Royals excursion offerings and have spent a lot of time and money on private excursions in the past 7 years or so. Most private excursion companies make it very clear what their policy is and its worth reading. Most recently with Nachi Cocum, they clearly spell out that they need a deposit and the deposit is refunded if the ship doesn't make port. They were great to work with on our reservation pre-cruise, so I have no doubt they are good about it.

I do some scuba diving with private companies and some of them keep the deposit if you or your ship doesn't show up and I'm very understanding of that. Many of those places fill up fast and they get customers from cruises and local hotels.

While I'm a fan of rccl I am actually on the jade so I'm sitting here on deck 13 enjoying my ultimate beverage package at the pier watching rhapsody. I've been on 28 cruises and never missed a port. I can only imagine how long the line is at their guest services desk especially since they can see us docked.

If your looking at costa maya as a stop there is a dolphin swim right here at port $149 to swim.

Sorry you are missing the port. That happened to us in November only we were on Freedom and we made it to the dock first and NCL Epic did not make it. Seems when there are high winds the outer side of the pier is fairly safe to access but difficult to get to the inner side of the pier.

S/he is not missing the port. S/he is on the NCL Jade, which successfully docked. S/he is reporting that RHAPSODY is missing Costa Maya.

For those who follow this internet message board, you know that Vision class ships and Costa Maya have a very sketchy relationship. ;) :D

S/he is not missing the port. S/he is on the NCL Jade, which successfully docked. S/he is reporting that RHAPSODY is missing Costa Maya.

For those who follow this internet message board, you know that Vision class ships and Costa Maya have a very sketchy relationship. ;) :D

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yes, Grandeur definitely has a history with that pier... or I guess the old one taken by Dean.

I actually enjoyed just wandering around that little village there. The free wi-fi was kind of a struggle, though!