Affordable hotel near Port Everglades?

You can check with the Super 8 in Dania. Much better price when we stayed there last Feb. Free shuttle from airport and to port the next day. Includes a small breakfast area. We had supper down the street the night before at a pizza place. Also very close to a Walgreens. .

We are booked into that place March 17th for our March 18th cruise (booked hotel back in Aug.)

Driving from Toronto & doing it in 3 days, looking at other places to stop on our way & think I've found 2 more Super 8's. Hoping they are good places, reviews look OK but for 1 nights stop should be OK.

Check the 2 Best Westerns, we were looking at cruising 4/23 and needed a hotel for 4/22,, both of these hotels were just around d $160 total with taxes.

I have Hyatt Place booked for 4/29 for $180 with taxes. I got a military rate, think Value trips was $219.

Edited by golfpccc

We are cruising on the Allure in April and while we could have flown in and sailed on the same day, its a little too close for comfort as we are travelling when Canadian weather is not 100 percent predictable yet, and we are travelling with a toddler.

So the flights are booked but hotel prices are crazy!!! We want to be as close to the port as possible. What are some of the "go-to" hotels that won't break the bank? (Because the cruise has already done that). :-).

Thanks so much! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stay at the Quality Inn & Suites on Stirling in Hollywood, FL. They have shuttles to and from the airport and the cruise terminals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hollywood+Florida+hotels&rlz=1CAHPZS_enUS700US700&oq=Hollywood+Florida+hotels&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.17847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Hollywood%20Florida%20hotels%20quality%20inn&tbs=lf_hd:-1,lf_pqs:EAE,lf:1,lf_ui:7&hotel_dates=2017-01-29,2017-01-30&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rlla=0&rllag=26028541,-80175468,2658&tbm=lcl&rldimm=2123819818537752630

When we cruised out of Fort Lauderdale last January, we stayed Renaissance Fort Lauderdale. I used Marriott point to book the stay but many other cruisers there. My Trip advisor review is linked below. One tip...don't use a shuttle, just grab a cab. About the same price in the end but way more convenient.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34227-d223904-r340675418-Renaissance_Fort_Lauderdale_Cruise_Port_Hotel-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Flori.html

On a recent cruise out of FLL/PE, we met a Canadian couple who purposely booked their outbound Delta flights that included a forced overnight in ATL airport and an ATL-FLL flight the following morning. According to them, the flights and cheap ATL hotel accommodations resulted in significant savings.

On a recent cruise out of FLL/PE, we met a Canadian couple who purposely booked their outbound Delta flights that included a forced overnight in ATL airport and an ATL-FLL flight the following morning. According to them, the flights and cheap ATL hotel accommodations resulted in significant savings.

I wonder if the dollars saved justified the risk of flying in on the day of the cruise. Also, if they lived anywhere in eastern Canada, they could have flown in on the same day and avoided all hotel costs if they don't mind the risk.

I wonder if the dollars saved justified the risk of flying in on the day of the cruise. Also, if they lived anywhere in eastern Canada, they could have flown in on the same day and avoided all hotel costs if they don't mind the risk.

The couple pointed out that risk was greatly reduced by flying to ATL and out of Canadian winter the day before. And that there were multiple ATL-FLL flights on embarkation day.

The couple pointed out that risk was greatly reduced by flying to ATL and out of Canadian winter the day before. And that there were multiple ATL-FLL flights on embarkation day.

My point was that all same-day flights pose some degree of risk, but if they were willing to trade off the safety of overnighting in FLL to save a few dollars in hotel costs, that's their choice.

I'm sailing on Allure on March 26th. We're staying at the Quality Inn & Suites on Striling Road the day before & the day after the cruise. They have a shuttle & from the airport & cruise terminal & a free breakfast (not spectacular, but you'll be on the ship eating again soon).

We are cruising on the Allure in April and while we could have flown in and sailed on the same day, its a little too close for comfort as we are travelling when Canadian weather is not 100 percent predictable yet, and we are travelling with a toddler.

So the flights are booked but hotel prices are crazy!!! We want to be as close to the port as possible. What are some of the "go-to" hotels that won't break the bank? (Because the cruise has already done that). :-).

Thanks so much! :-)

Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport. (1500 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA) Free shuttle from airport to hotel. Includes breakfast but no Pool. Nothing fancy but it is clean. Lobby staff were super nice. WALKING DISTANCE TO TOTAL WINE!!! Nice easy walk to waterfront to see the ship in the morning. Don't do the shuttle to cruise port. You have to wait for every one else to be ready and it costs the same for 2 to take a cab and cheaper if more than 2. Did I mention TOTAL WINE is nearby:D

dp

We are staying at the Hampton Inn North in March. Did you use their shuttle to port or take a cab/uber?

We always take a cab over to PE. Cost is around $15.00 + whatever you want to tip. We only use the Hamptons shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Free. Their shuttles have pink flamingos on them so real easy to spot. The shuttle that takes you over to PE is not theirs. But it does pick you up at the hotel. You just need to sign up for the time you want when you check in at the desk. I'm not sure of the cost.

Edited by davekathy

Thanks for that. If you book a hotel early enough being in port for fleet week can be fun. But when we waited till Feb in 2011 our choices were limited. I would also mention to the OP that several ships have west bound trans Atlantic cruises near that time, there can be 6-7 ships in port then, that drives up cost and drives down availability.

We are staying at Extended Stay America 1450 SE 17 Street. We have stayed here before, includes transport from the airport and the location is right in the middle of lots of resturants, shopping and the above mentioned Total Wine :) About $200 a night. Does include a small full kitchen in the room so nice to have that. We are staying Mar 30-31 so prices are high in most of the hotels.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

Stayed at the best western west state 84 road twice. It was nice affordable and a short ride to the cruise port

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's were we are booked this June. Paid around 80. Last year we stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and this year the room is 170ish. That area is prefect for us because across the street is the shopping center for last minute grabs and the Sports Bar for dinner.

I got tired of looking at all the hotels so settled for one close to port to save on taxis. I can't stand taxis. My point is, the hotel will carry us to the port but won't send a shuttle to the airport to pick us up! How silly is that. Will keep looking for a better one and cancel Hilton at Marina if I find one. Any ideas? I have until March 10 to cancel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got tired of looking at all the hotels so settled for one close to port to save on taxis. I can't stand taxis. My point is, the hotel will carry us to the port but won't send a shuttle to the airport to pick us up! How silly is that. Will keep looking for a better one and cancel Hilton at Marina if I find one. Any ideas? I have until March 10 to cancel.

Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle. Free shuttle to the cruise port.