(Almost) Live from the Eurodam...Sailing 1/14/17

WeLoveCruising

HAL suits our style. I disagree when generalizations get made to categorize people to cruise lines based on their age. You know, the people who say to sail Carnival in your 20’s, then move to NCL/RCI when you have children, then HAL when you’re older…. In my opinion the right cruise line is one that fits your style, not your age. I would feel out of place with the party-all-night crowd even when I was younger. And although I raised my own child, my idea of vacation doesn’t include hundreds of other people’s children. It’s all subjective – what is boring to one person is relaxing to another – what’s fun filled to one person could be chaotic to someone else. Neither is right or wrong, and it never had to do with how old I am. But that’s me…I’d rather be sipping a classic cocktail listening to live music from decades past, vs drinking the latest trend and dancing to a DJ playing some current hit I cant even name since I’m relatively unfamiliar with music post-1985. Your Mileage May Vary.

I totally agree with you. Well said!

Looking forward to your "Live" reports.

Loving this! We sail the Eurodam to Alaska this September....

We're sailing the Eurodam to Alaska this September 23rd, celebrating our 50th anniversary. We've never been on the Eurodam; looking forward to the refurbished Neptune suites.

I was thinking about reserving a cabana also, but wondered if it would be too cold in Alaska in September. Anyone know if the cabanas are heated in the winter?

We're sailing the Eurodam to Alaska this September 23rd, celebrating our 50th anniversary. We've never been on the Eurodam; looking forward to the refurbished Neptune suites.

I was thinking about reserving a cabana also, but wondered if it would be too cold in Alaska in September. Anyone know if the cabanas are heated in the winter?

No heat. If I were you, I'd stick with my balcony. You can always scurry back inside if it's too cold.

Since you're from Arizona, it's probably going to feel chilly.

Edited by POA1

No heat. If I were you, I'd stick with my balcony. You can always scurry back inside if it's too cold.

Since you're from Arizona, it's probably going to feel chilly.

I think this is excellent advice. We sailed on the Westerdam to Alaska a few years ago in late September and did not use our balcony a whole lot. It was nice to check out the scenery but too chilly to spend a lot of time out there. I would think a cabana would be a bit nippy. I had the thermal spa access on one cruise.. that was nice!! and never very crowded. I will watch you sail away in Seattle.. if the sun is out.. can bring out my mirror and flash you a hello from the sunlight reflection!! too funny.. when your cruise returns.. we board to sail to Hawaii.. Enjoy your sail!!

Enjoy your cruise! Looking forward to reading your posts since we'll be on board in March (of course, POA1 has set the bar pretty high)! Remember to let me know if it's the A or B set of MDR menus! Thanks!

Edited by MisterBill99

My clothes start going into my suitcase tomorrow.

DH are sailing on the Eurodam on 1/21-1/28. And yes, I agree that 7 nights are not enough! But I have worked around it by extending our vacation by flying down a few days early and staying a week later, renting a car and driving around FL/visiting friends and relatives.

Look forward to seeing your reports. We like to hang out in the Crows Nest...can you give us the bartender's name so we can walk in there on embarkation and greet him like we know him already?!