It's so close!!

tbkb92

We will be going on our first cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary

March 18-25, 2017!! We are on Carnival Magic out of Port Canaveral!

My sister & brother-in-law are going, it's their first cruise also.

A couple of friends from church are also traveling, they haven't cruised in almost 10 yrs.

I'm a mixed bag of emotions each day! Excited, nervous, panicky, etc.

I'm working on getting everything we need.. clothing, health, fun items, etc together. My in laws got me new luggage for Christmas, I'm resisting the urge to start packing! LOL! Any don't forget ideas?

We will be driving from TN to Cape Canaveral on Fri. March 17 spending the night at Country Inn & Suites. Any suggestions for dinner that night?

We all have FTTF and want to board ASAP, so we can explore the Magic. Which place to you suggest we have lunch? Leaning toward Guy's Burgers.

We will be going to Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. We have an excursion with Victor Bodden lined up at Mahogany Bay (our anniversary day). Any other suggestions for these ports?

Sorry so long, just have to get some excitement and nerves out of my system today!

Happy sailing everyone!

A couple of friends from church are also traveling, they haven't cruised in almost 10 yrs.

I'm working on getting everything we need.. clothing, health, fun items, etc together. My in laws got me new luggage for Christmas, I'm resisting the urge to start packing! LOL! Any don't forget ideas?

We will be driving from TN to Cape Canaveral on Fri. March 17 spending the night at Country Inn & Suites. Any suggestions for dinner that night?

We all have FTTF and want to board ASAP, so we can explore the Magic. Which place to you suggest we have lunch? Leaning toward Guy's Burgers.

We will be going to Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. We have an excursion with Victor Bodden lined up at Mahogany Bay (our anniversary day). Any other suggestions for these ports?

Sorry so long, just have to get some excitement and nerves out of my system today!

Happy sailing everyone!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Congratulations on your anniversary. First of all, make a packing list. You're less likely to forget something. If you don't have passports, make sure you have your birth certificates (original, NOT photo copies), and a photo I.D., such as a driver's license. As for where to eat near the hotel, call them and ask what's nearby. At Mahogany Bay, there is a chairlift you can take over to the beach area (for a price. It's on the excursions page for this cruise), but it's really not that far to walk. Unless you want to get some nice aerial photos of the foliage, and the ship, save your money and walk to the beach. Unless you want to book excursions separate from the cruise line, just go to the "Excursions" page for each port and choose what most interests you. If you're planning on Guy's Burgers for lunch on Embarkation Day, I would suggest trying to get there as soon as possible. By 1:00, the line will be getting really long. If the line is too long, the Deli is a good alternate choice. The food is pretty good, and the line will be a lot shorter.

Happy sailing everyone!

That's the week of our anniversary ! (we married on 3-17-95)and this will be our 1st cruise on the Magic. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Holiday in 2007 and we've tried to do two cruises a year up until last year. But, we're definitely looking forwards to the Magic. Not sure when we'll be allowed to board, I read where Carnival is assigning staggered boarding times so not sure when that'll happen. I had read on this board the time you're allowed to check in for boarding will be on your baggage strap. but I guess we'll find out. My wife is always excited the very day she books the cruise. Be sure to STRESS the point to all who are in your party Beachbum53 made about either having a current passport or original BC at check in. Without one OR the other, it will be a short cruise. My wife and I always check behind each other, so those and the cruise documents aren't forgotten. TRY (I know how some women are) not to over pack. Most men are notorious for just taking a small carry on, while some women wanna take a large suitcase, just for shoes. But either way, what matters is, HAVE A FANTASTIC 'Magical' cruise! And hopefully it won't be your last. We'll be onboard with ya !!

Mac

Be sure to pack all your boarding paperwork in your carryon or purse, not checked baggage... Try to decide what you will be wearing each day. On sea days, maybe a bathing suit and coverup - you don't need three changes of clothing a day. Pack things that mix and match. You won't need ten pairs of shoes...It helps that you are not having to drag your suitcases through multiple airports...EM

Definitely make packing lists as to what is to go in each suitcase.

Also -- if either or both of take medications -- write a reminder list of them as well -- and take extra medication in case anything happens. Keep all medications in their original bottles. I always ask our drug store for smaller bottles with the prescription labels on them. Keep medications with you -- either in your purse or in your carry-on.

Have a wonderful 25th anniversary. You might consider booking a specialty restaurant for the special day.

As far as lunch goes, I try to avoid the buffet on embarkation day-too crowded! I've never been on that ship, but I imagine Guys Burger Bar would be a great alternative to the buffet.

It's good that you're arriving the day before...even though you're not flying, I still feel like it's a good idea to get to your port city the day before.

One thing that I like to do in preparation of my cruises is look at the deck plans so I can familiarize myself with the ship. I still get lost on the first day, but it helps to have a general idea of the decks before boarding.

Have a blast!!!

You are WAY overthinking this! It's a vacation..that's all! Pack for the climate you'll be in! Relax a bit...go with the flow! This is NOT a marathon..it's time off from work or home or whatever your daily life is!

It's gonna be SUMMER in March from Florida down...pack accordingly! Get a guidebook on your ports from your library..read it. Best way to save big bucks!

Go...relax...enjoy!

That's the week of our anniversary ! (we married on 3-17-95)and this will be our 1st cruise on the Magic. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Holiday in 2007 and we've tried to do two cruises a year up until last year. But, we're definitely looking forwards to the Magic. Not sure when we'll be allowed to board, I read where Carnival is assigning staggered boarding times so not sure when that'll happen. I had read on this board the time you're allowed to check in for boarding will be on your baggage strap. but I guess we'll find out. My wife is always excited the very day she books the cruise. Be sure to STRESS the point to all who are in your party Beachbum53 made about either having a current passport or original BC at check in. Without one OR the other, it will be a short cruise. My wife and I always check behind each other, so those and the cruise documents aren't forgotten. TRY (I know how some women are) not to over pack. Most men are notorious for just taking a small carry on, while some women wanna take a large suitcase, just for shoes. But either way, what matters is, HAVE A FANTASTIC 'Magical' cruise! And hopefully it won't be your last. We'll be onboard with ya !!

Mac

When you do online check in you select a boarding time. We had already completed our online check -in then had to go back in and select our time after they started the staggered check in.

We have our passports! Hope yo guys have a fantastic magical time too!

don't try to cram too much into any day, including when in ports. Each night you'll get a ship's newsletter for the next day's activities. Look it over with your significant other and see if some activities look interesting. If you decide to do any excursions in a port, just do one. Have some ideas to fill the rest of the day and play it by ear. You can check out guide books from your local library and get ideas there (if you like one of them, you can always buy the latest edition from Amazon) and google each port to find tourism sites.

also have an agreement with the other couples not to be joined at the hip. that way if you want to go to trivia and someone else wants to do a wine tasting, everyone gets to do what they want.

3 things I pack, that I learned from CC...a shoe organizer (I use it for the random toiletries, chargers, medications, etc. so I have easy access), tea lights in the bathroom because it is very dark, and a power strip (not a surge protector)- one outlet just is not enough for us. You will love your cruise!!!

On my first cruise, I was nervous (just like you) and WAY overpacked. I did't use half of the stuff I packed! Think of everything you'd take on a land vacation and cut it in half!

One thing to make sure to have plenty of is sunscreen! We always use more than a bottle between the two of us (you DO NOT want to burn in the middle of your cruise, it ruins the rest of your vacation), and buying another bottle on the ship was about $20 for some plain old banana boat. Make sure to bring a lot!

I also recommend an extension cord. We use phones as flashlights at night/alarm clocks so we like to keep it close to the bed.

Make sure to go straight for your cabin to leave your stuff and then go directly to the cruise! The later it gets, the more crowded the buffet will be. Also since you have FTTF, you should be let on in the earliest time slot I believe.

Have so much fun and welcome to cruising!

When you do online check in you select a boarding time. We had already completed our online check -in then had to go back in and select our time after they started the staggered check in.

We have our passports! Hope yo guys have a fantastic magical time too!

I was wondering HOW or WHEN our boarding time would be determined.

THANK you so much, :))

Mac

Congratulations on your anniversary. We have a cruise coming up in March as well and have already starting packing. We are in a colder climate, so digging out the warm weather clothes. Of all the "special" items recommended, there are two I swear by, Magnets for the wall to keep all the papers up off the desk, and an air freshener for the bathroom.

You are going to some great ports. In Costa Maya, look up"The Native Choice". They have some great tours to the ruins. Cozumel, snorkel or check our Mr. Sanchos. We always take private tours vs ship tours and have never had an issue, but we never cut the return to ship time close.

Have a great time!!