Rum Runner Risks

Clepire

I have done a lot of research on Rum Runners and was hoping to bring them on my next cruise. However, today I was reading the cruise documentation and it said "

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming,

providing alcohol to people under the age of 21,

demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting

to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage

checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or

not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance

with the Guest Conduct Policy."

Has anyone actually gotten kicked off the cruise for trying to bring Rum Runners on?

Try it lets see?....K.O. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What cruise line was this? RCL will call you down to the 'naughty room'. I've always heard they are not allowed to open your bag outside of your presence, even if unlocked.

We took rum-runners just once but the drink packages make that unnecessary.

We were on a RCL cruise a couple of years ago and had our RR's removed from our unlocked luggage. Found a note inside the bag. I may still have it somewhere, so if I can find it I will post.

On the plus side, having them removed saved us over $150 on our bar tab from our previous cruise. No RR's, no need to purchase the Bloody Mary's and the Daiquiri's that we would have added the contents of the RR's.

Anyone caught smuggling alcohol should be kicked off, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But if cruise lines ever grew a spine, they would also be kicking off the chair hogs, the MDR flip flop wearers, the balcony smokers, the hot tub errr.... relaxers, the cruisers with any kids with them...........

Heck, from the last port-of-call I'd have the ship all to myself! :D

And if you happened to be on the same cruise I'm sure I'd have found something you did that warranted you being tossed too!:)

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

Buy the package or pay for single drinks and quit being cheap.

I had stopped smuggling alcohol once the drink packages came out. But I am going to smuggle again on my next cruise. RC has priced the majority of drinks outside of the drink package now. So now we get to pay $400 per person for a drink package that doesnt allow you to drink.

I had stopped smuggling alcohol once the drink packages came out. But I am going to smuggle again on my next cruise. RC has priced the majority of drinks outside of the drink package now. So now we get to pay $400 per person for a drink package that doesnt allow you to drink.

We also used to smuggle have done so on dozens of cruises on several lines, but we like the drink package and it covers almost everything except for the wines by the glass that we like so we pay a few dollars extra, all 12 year old scotch was covered, just curious what was over the limit? Another smuggling tip is if you do not drink wine and buy a dark bottle of wine you can remove wine fill bottle with booze replace cork and replace foil ( this is easy on some bottles impossible on some others)

Edited by George C

We also used to smuggle have done so on dozens of cruises on several lines, but we like the drink package and it covers almost everything except for the wines by the glass that we like so we pay a few dollars extra, all 12 year old scotch was covered, just curious what was over the limit? Another smuggling tip is if you do not drink wine and buy a dark bottle of wine you can remove wine fill bottle with booze replace cork and replace foil ( this is easy on some bottles impossible on some others)

I dont think I am allowed to post links here. But check out the Royal Caribbean Blog. RC has conveniently priced the majority of drinks at $13 or $15 each when the limit for the drink package is $12. Now I guess you could go ahead and pay the extra couple of bucks. But If I am paying $400 up front for a drink package. I am not expecting to pay more money when I want a drink. I can smuggle all we need for a week of vacation for under $80 bucks for the two of us. Or about ten percent of the cost of the drink package. Sorry if that upsets people. But it is common sense to me.

To provide an educational opportunity for all other passengers, it might be better to first keelhaul the guilty parties, then make them walk the plank. Preferably on a sea day so everyone will be aboard to benefit from the lesson being taught.

I dont think I am allowed to post links here. But check out the Royal Caribbean Blog. RC has conveniently priced the majority of drinks at $13 or $15 each when the limit for the drink package is $12. Now I guess you could go ahead and pay the extra couple of bucks. But If I am paying $400 up front for a drink package. I am not expecting to pay more money when I want a drink. I can smuggle all we need for a week of vacation for under $80 bucks for the two of us. Or about ten percent of the cost of the drink package. Sorry if that upsets people. But it is common sense to me.

I was on Brilliance 4 months ago and prices were fine only thing I paid extra was for was wine and 18 year old scotch, I think Oasis and the other newer ones charge more? I bought my package for Liberty in April, do not blame you at all.

What??

My cheap-a** brother in law smuggled a rum runner, and it burst.

Upside: made it through security undetected!

Downside (really an upside for the rest of us laughing at his expense): He spent the first day of the cruise rinsing the alcohol out of his clothes and hanging them throughout the cabin to dry.

Use a crowbar, pry that wallet open and just buy the drinks!

I have done a lot of research on Rum Runners and was hoping to bring them on my next cruise. However, today I was reading the cruise documentation and it said "

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming,

providing alcohol to people under the age of 21,

demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting

to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage

checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or

not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance

with the Guest Conduct Policy."

Has anyone actually gotten kicked off the cruise for trying to bring Rum Runners on?

There are threads on this on all the different cruise line boards. I have never once heard of a person being kicked off the ship (or denied boarding) for getting caught on any cruise line. They will take your alcohol and the container holding it though. You will also likely end up having to pick up your luggage in person in the "naughty room" in the bottom of the ship the first night. This will be a long line of people caught with rum rummers, or they brought an iron on the ship or some other item that did not pass inspection.

I love the drink packages and we always purchase, but RCCL does not carry RumChata onboard so I usually take 1 rum runner of that with me so I can make my Cinnamon Toast Crunch drink... not had any issues in 8 or so cruises.

I love the drink packages and we always purchase, but RCCL does not carry RumChata onboard so I usually take 1 rum runner of that with me so I can make my Cinnamon Toast Crunch drink... not had any issues in 8 or so cruises.

They should let people bring there own liquor when you buy drink package.

To provide an educational opportunity for all other passengers, it might be better to first keelhaul the guilty parties, then make them walk the plank. Preferably on a sea day so everyone will be aboard to benefit from the lesson being taught.

Only if I get a chair so I can watch. :D

But If I am paying $400 up front for a drink package. I am not expecting to pay more money when I want a drink. I can smuggle all we need for a week of vacation for under $80 bucks for the two of us. Or about ten percent of the cost of the drink package. Sorry if that upsets people. But it is common sense to me.

Absolutely agree with you.. even if we only do a couple of 8 oz. bags (worn in my Cargo shorts on boarding) for in cabin drinks.

We've also done the full weeks supply many times in the past.;)

Hooray for common sense! Specifically, ECONOMIC common sense.

Sure it upsets some 'holier than thou' folks - some of whom will probably sneak in some SMOKING on balconies or other disallowed spots;

..or bring on their clothes irons, candles & incense burners, Kuerig coffee makers, maybe a little "recreational" pharmaceuticals:eek:;

..or those who reserve deck chairs (OMG!), be "inappropriately dressed" (topless or nude) when in view of other pax:D, leave things unsecured on balconies;

or - heaven forbid - NOT REPORT their prior to boarding or onboard illness.:rolleyes:

Yup - it's all a VIOLATION of the Guest Conduct policy!

And some will ignore THOSE rules, all the while calling out the liquor cheaters!

Mr. Common Sense, I'd like you to meet Mr. Hypocrisy!