Can you bring your own water on Norwegian Cruise?

MagicCat7

Can you bring your own water on Norwegian Cruise? Their bottle water is very expensive. One comparison is Carnival is more reasonable with water prices.

Bring a water bottle and fill it on the Lido deck. If you don't like the taste bring a water bottle that includes a Brita filter. It is a lot less expensive than anything you buy, and avoids all that extra plastic that has to be disposed of by someone.

No.

Ice water is offered at no charge at any bar or restaurant.

Self service water is available in the buffet.

It doesn't get cheaper than complimentary. The bottled water sold is filtered, the complimentary water served onboard is filtered.

Can you bring your own water on Norwegian Cruise? Their bottle water is very expensive. One comparison is Carnival is more reasonable with water prices.

To add insult to injury, unlike most other cruise lines, NCL doesn't include bottled water in their drink plans either.

It's a consideration when comparing prices if you are buying the pricey NCL water, especially if you are getting the drink plan as a perk on another line.

No.

My new hobby is answering questions that have already been answered 12 times in the same thread.

Edited by triptolemus
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how much a regular sized bottle of water costs on NCL? I know on RCL, I could find it in some places for like $2, not bad at all. For me, I like to have it at all times, and take it with me on excursions, etc.

Remember you cannot take any water on board at any port. Empty the bottle before the scanners or lose the bottle as well.

I purchased a few bottles of soda and water once we cleared the security checkpoint. There is a soda machine behind the check-in desk. The water and soda were $2.00 per bottle. No problem taking them on board in my purse.

Edited by PhillyRomantic
  • Like 1

I purchased a few bottles of soda and water once we cleared the security checkpoint. There is a soda machine behind the check-in desk. The water and soda were $2.00 per bottle. No problem taking them on board in my purse.

Thanks for the info. Bottled water is what I prefer and don't mind paying a reasonable price for it.

Bring a water bottle and fill it on the Lido deck. If you don't like the taste bring a water bottle that includes a Brita filter. It is a lot less expensive than anything you buy, and avoids all that extra plastic that has to be disposed of by someone.

This is a great idea. I will bring a water bottle for the kids...:)

Just take empty bottles and fill them in your cabin or the buffet. It's all perfectly drinkable. You can take it off the ship on excursions, just empty them before getting back on. I don't understand why people insist on paying for something that is free.

Have to agree - the ship's water supply is excellent, purified, filterd, and clean, and tastes like...umm...water to me. But I can't taste much difference between various bottled waters anyway...guess my palate isn't developed that way.

Still, I know there are a lot of people who will only drink bottled water of one kind or another. Unfortunately, NCL doesn't make that possible or easy.

• 2 weeks later...
Will they fill the brita water bottles at any bar for free?

They will give you a glass of water (or however many you need) and you can pour it into your brita water bottle. It's unsanitary for them to stick the spout of the beverage dispenser directly into your bottle.