Main Dining Room menu in Blu?

janetmojo

Our next cruise will be our first time in Aqua Class. My hubby is a fairly picky eater but can usually find something on the main dining menu he likes. Are we allowed to order things off the main dining room menu in Blu? I am partial to my shrimp cocktail and escargot myself ;)

You can order the items on the "any day" page in Blu even though they are not printed on the Blu menu.

You can not order the stuff that changes daily.

On the "S" class ships they have their own galley on deck 5. MDR galley is on different decks.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Our next cruise will be our first time in Aqua Class. My hubby is a fairly picky eater but can usually find something on the main dining menu he likes. Are we allowed to order things off the main dining room menu in Blu? I am partial to my shrimp cocktail and escargot myself ;)

My DH is exactly the same way. Also, he doesn't enjoy the wallpaper in Luminae, but loves everything about Blu...yes..chicken, steak and salmon! Sometimes I just want to tell him to try something different, but I know the answer and would rather not antagonize the situation...:eek: We have learned to deal with quirks by not arguing...I like suites and he would be fine in a regular balcony. i love traveling to Europe and he does too! However, He loves to ski and I tore my....well, that's another story!

Edited by Lastdance

I usually found something to eat but there were many nights that I could go without an entree as nothing sounded good. My wife defaulted to the steak a couple of nights as I did with the salmon.

Although we love Blu itself, I could go for the MDR menu any day :)

We just got off the reflection on 1/21/17 and stayed in aqua and dined in blu. I had escargot every night and Cesar salad twice. One of the nights I asked for the main dining room menu just to see if it offered something I would like. I was given the menu without question but ordered from the Blu menu. Ordering from the main dining room was definitely an option.

Here´s more about BLU food and menus...

as a video...

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

or in this album...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPkKtY567gHRO_XxQVaNSghr0L14HWdUaSfE2xl8Df2mMygSpNnZtFDRCy53T9ivQ?key=alNuOWhqMnEtd1Y0QkV1am9OWDJNU20zaWhCUjV3

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks everyone, looks like a few different answers here but sounds like he won't go hungry. Looking forward to our Aft Aqua cabin on the Summit next Christmas holiday!

I normally check the MDR menu when it is posted in the PM. If there is an entrée on there that I prefer over something in Blu, our waiter had no problem providing it. Even one night they had a great app on the MDR menu that he also got for us.

I notice some people are reporting conflicting info and saying you cannot get MDR menu items in Blu. Maybe it's on a ship-by-ship case. On the M-Class where the kitchens are pretty much collocated, I don't see why you couldn't.

yes, it varies by ship and cruise. On the majority of cruises, Blu will not serve entrees that are not on the blu menu....on others, they will accommodate your request.

Keep in mind that celebrity has reduced headcount everywhere so Blu doesn't have anyone free to spend the time going to the other kitchen for your meal.

If there is something on the MDR menu that you'd like, maybe that's a good night to actually eat in the MDR.

Edited by ghstudio