Laundry in sink, Starbucks gift cards

What size rubber sink stopper is appropriate? Not a problem to bring one. I also buy a travel size bottle of Woolite at my local target for a quick hand wash of a few items. I have not been on a cruise but relied on my daughter to give me some hints. I have 25 lb rated magnetic hooks, a bungee clothesline and big clips for balcony chairs. Plus, I am not adverse to paying for laundry services.

5" - Home Depot sells a Danco one for $2.27.

I can't put my 2 cents in for the wash portion, but I can for the drying portion.

We ALWAYS bring bungee cords. If we have a balcony, we thread the bungee cord through the clothes and loop the hook around the railing/chairs/door handle as needed. This way, the clothes can't blow away. With that said, we don't leave it out there if we're in port or when our room steward might get in trouble if their boss might do a surprise inspection. We did an inside cabin for the first time last year and brought the bungee cords, but also magnetic, rubber hooks. These worked GREAT to hang from the ceiling. Here's the ones we got.

https://www.amazon.com/CMS-Magnetics-Holding-Neodymium-Magnetic/dp/B00IGHBD7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485521273&sr=8-1&keywords=rubber+magnet+hook

And when we weren't drying , we just used the hooks on the wall to hold the bungee cords and our hats.

Hope this helps.

Erika

We always take a travel clothes line like the one below. Three different attachment option (suction cup, velcro straps or snap fastener), and the braided rubber line requires no clothes pins.

I was about to post the same thing. The Wife works at REI and got a portable clothesline from there.

The other thing we take is travel laundry detergent. It comes in little sheets and dissolves like those Listerine pocket strips (and only about twice the size of the Listerine packs).

cf558c00-b263-436f-9a9c-744e91700286

I was about to post the same thing. The Wife works at REI and got a portable clothesline from there.

The other thing we take is travel laundry detergent. It comes in little sheets and dissolves like those Listerine pocket strips (and only about twice the size of the Listerine packs).

cf558c00-b263-436f-9a9c-744e91700286

LOL, as we also use those travel laundry detergent strips. Different manufacturer but same holder.

Just one more little laundry hint: lightweight items can be dried quickly in a pinch by using the hair dryer. Works well on intimates. I also sometimes put the item in a drawer, semi-closE the drawer and inset the nozzle end of the hair dryer. (Dryer will auto shut off if it overheats-then just wait til it cools off to resume)

For detergent - just use a couple drops of shampoo which already has degreasing agents works great.

For fabric softener - a couple of drops of hair conditioner is an excellent substitute.

Having been a Textile Science major in college I know all sorts of handy tricks.

These are great tips! Everyone's. I'll use them on my upcoming trip

Just one more little laundry hint: lightweight items can be dried quickly in a pinch by using the hair dryer. Works well on intimates. I also sometimes put the item in a drawer, semi-closE the drawer and inset the nozzle end of the hair dryer. (Dryer will auto shut off if it overheats-then just wait til it cools off to resume)

So smart with the dryer in the drawer! I loathe bringing home dirty undies and bras! Must give this a go next cruise. [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And there is no "shower goop" on Harmony either. They do give you small bottles of shampoo & conditioner, though.

Along with the bottles of shampoo and conditioner on the Harmony, you should have gotten shower gel. That is what I use to do laundry. It is perfect for that task.

I want to say I've seen the wash and fold special for around $25/bag but others may have more recent prices.

Given that this is about the price of two drinks these days I'd be inclined to just pay for the service if they happen to offer that special, and have everything come back nice, clean, and folded.

The price is now $35.

Along with the bottles of shampoo and conditioner on the Harmony, you should have gotten shower gel. That is what I use to do laundry. It is perfect for that task.

I'm guessing there were a lot of things we *should* have gotten :-) Our stateroom attendant was new. It was his first day on an Oasis class ship, and his first time working with suites of any kind. I know we didn't get kids compasses, D amenities letter, and a WOW band. I'm not sure what else we should have gotten, but didn't. I asked for the L'Occitane bath products. He didn't know what I was talking about, but he tracked it down about half way through the cruise.

Not a complaint, just reporting the facts. Rest assured we were busy having a great vacation, not sitting in the cabin waiting for shampoo to show up.

I use the sink to wash and rinse out swimsuits and the sink seems almost too small for that. The sinks are really small when you put something in them. Washing something in the shower is a better idea.

I put Tide in a small squeeze bottle when I don't find the packets easily.

For clothing I need washed, I send them to the laundry. You pay for it, but it comes back on hangers looking nice. The cabins really are not set up for washing clothes, except swimsuits, maybe a cover-up or undies.

Edited by KansasK

I have heard on other lines that the waste bin in the bathroom may be water tight and makes a good substitute "wash tub". In hot climates i like to wash out our shirts, usually thin fabric, often fast dry trekking material.

Like a previous poster I like to go home with clean undies!

I like the big ziplock bag idea, thanks Schoolnursemom.

Laundry sheets are available in UK too, I get mine in Tesco. Think they are called Dissolve.

Sent from my iPad using Forums