Parking4cruises

Port out

I wonder if anyone has used Parking4cruises as an alternate to CPS! and if so was it a good experience. Certainly the cost of parking is considerably less and I understand you just drop off your luggage at the terminal, pop the car over to the short stay car park and they take it to a secure care park much as CPS do. Apparently on return you let them know you are disembarking and they are waiting with your car in the car park.

Any experiences are welcome. Thanks

Left out

Recommend them no problem, drive onto the short stay and after a couple of minutes handover, you are on your way to the terminal ( having already dropped luggage). You can book a provisional time for collection and then confirm as you dock on return. We'd booked the earliest slot and as we left the ship at 0700, the car was there waiting. No delays at all.

The most mileage I have had on my car when I got back is 4.5 miles. They only move them to a secure parking area. Maybe someone played with the Sat Nav.

That's the sort of mileage others have indicated which suggests the cars are parked somewhere in the port area, rather similar to CPS.

Sorry, I think that I may not have got my point over.

If the cars are taken away, and later put on a transporter, no mileage will ensue.

My sat nav was at the bottom of my central console.

This was not possible the company that I used, but the query was a generalisation.

My car was collected by the side of the ship.

I have no problem with this method if that be the case, just want to fully understand the method.

Sorry, I think that I may not have got my point over.

If the cars are taken away, and later put on a transporter, no mileage will ensue.

My sat nav was at the bottom of my central console.

This was not possible the company that I used, but the query was a generalisation.

My car was collected by the side of the ship.

I have no problem with this method if that be the case, just want to fully understand the method.

If your car was on the back of a transporter, why would they want to use your satnav, and don't you think buying a £100,000 transporter is a bit OTT for a car parking firm?

Edited by terrierjohn

I did not say that they had used it, only that it was left on.

When I returned to my car,and regained it out of my centre consul,it was energised with that destination.

It struck me as strange,so have been considering the various possibilities.

Not unhappy either way.

I did not say that they had used it, only that it was left on.

When I returned to my car,and regained it out of my centre consul,it was energised with that destination.

It struck me as strange,so have been considering the various possibilities.

Not unhappy either way.

Very interesting. Did you take it up with them?

Left out

No real reason to,they took it away on arrival, and returned it when disembarked. If they had to take it to a overspill car park in the meantime so be it. Would have just like to have been aware that this could be the case.

Every one appears to say: parked within the dock area,may be may be not?