Constellation worries

MarLow17

I'm about to sail on Constellation next week out of Singapore. It's only my 2nd cruise & my first was on Cunard. This was a last minute booking so got a great deal on a balcony cabin - which is good. I realise it will be different from my last one but all I've read about the ship since booking is pretty negative. I'm trying to think it can't be too bad, so just not mentioning my concerns to my husband & keeping my fingers crossed. Anything positive anyone can tell me would greatly appreciated.

Have I see a BAD Celebrity or RC ship. Older ships will always have some wear and tear before it is replaced, that is natural. But the DR chairs will not break or Cabin doors will not fall off.

I'm about to sail on Constellation next week out of Singapore. It's only my 2nd cruise & my first was on Cunard. This was a last minute booking so got a great deal on a balcony cabin - which is good. I realise it will be different from my last one but all I've read about the ship since booking is pretty negative. I'm trying to think it can't be too bad, so just not mentioning my concerns to my husband & keeping my fingers crossed. Anything positive anyone can tell me would greatly appreciated.

My wife and I will be on the same cruise and are really looking forward too it. I'm always amused to read totally negative reviews of past cruises that we have thoroughly enjoyed. I think that some reviewers comments are triggered by a single bad incident which leads them to look for other imperfections to complain about. We have never been on a "perfect" cruise but simply don't let the odd thing that we don't like detract from all the wonderful experiences that cruising offers. You'll have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marlow -- We sailed on the Connie this past April/May Rome to Venice. We found the crew to be the happiest we've seen on any ship. Their happiness enhanced our cruise & vacation! The Connie is not as shiny as a brand new ship - but it was clean, well kept & we had a fabulous time. In addition, the cabins were very comfy.

We will be sailing out of Singapore on the Connie in March - please let us know what you think of the cruise. We are so looking forward to the trip & depart Alaska in 48 days for Singapore.

The Connie is my favourite Celebrity ship. We were on her last March and didn't want to leave. Staff was great, ship was clean (great layout). Put those worries away and get ready for your cruise.

Keep it nice for us! We sail the first sailing of February and can't wait. I expect an older ship (but I have sailed the Legend of the Seas when it was really shabby so my expectations are already tempered) but am told it is a classy ship. We're looking forward to Ocean Liners and other meals and a great time of relaxation. Enjoy your cruise.

Watch out for undercooked meat(s) in the main dining room.

The buffets were very good the grill cooked great hamburgers and....

DO NOT hesitate to push hard on customer relations on issues that

matter. I found them offering many logical but incorrect answers and

then taking no action. Give them a short leash.

Ships ride is excellent, layout is very efficient and internet speed was

very acceptable.

Bon Voyage.....

don

The Connie is my favourite Celebrity ship. We were on her last March and didn't want to leave. Staff was great, ship was clean (great layout). Put those worries away and get ready for your cruise.

Mine too. We were on her in December with 4 friends who were first timers on Celebrity and we all loved it

MarLow17 we'll be on the same cruise :). Have you signed up for the Connections party? I'm taking my man on his first cruise and he really doesn't know what to expect, but I just know he'll love it. If the Constellation is as good as the Millenium or Summit, you'll have ball! Look out for the grumpy old Brit wearing an earring accompanied by an Asian guy, in the Martini Bar. That'll be us. Say hello!!

MarLow17 we'll be on the same cruise :). Have you signed up for the Connections party? I'm taking my man on his first cruise and he really doesn't know what to expect, but I just know he'll love it. If the Constellation is as good as the Millenium or Summit, you'll have ball! Look out for the grumpy old Brit wearing an earring accompanied by an Asian guy, in the Martini Bar. That'll be us. Say hello!!

Oops, I guess we are on the same cruise as well, MarLow. Sorry, time warp here..I thought you were on the cruise immediately prior, which I guess is the one Snowy81 is on. See you onboard. :)

If you read enough reviews on here you will see totally opposite views from people ON THE SAME cruise. You can also check previous posts from some people and see that they always have found problems with their cruises (but yet still cruise!). It's actually kind of funny and shows a lot about the people posting here. Bottom line, don't worry about some of the most negative reviews, it they were normal operating procedure X would have been out of business a long time ago.

The Connie is a great ship! Perfect for your first time with Celebrity! I've been on it twice, and would not hesitate to go again. The crew LOVE this ship. You will be treated like royalty on every X ship, so sit back, relax and enjoy the cruise. Then come back here and tell us all you loved her <3

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are sailing from Singapore on 2nd April, this will be our first Celebrity experience having previously sailed with RCL many times. I have been reading all the recent reviews and was starting to get a bit concerned... I must admit, we chose this cruise for the itinerary rather than the ship but are looking forward to experiencing something different. Thanks to everyone for putting our minds at ease.

Any tips for first time Celebrity cruisers would be welcomed - we have CC Elite status as we are diamond members with RCL.