New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Does anyone even wonder which officer you would be having dinner with? Now it has moved to being a perk where as it use to be open to anyone whom went to guest service and put their room # down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should work exactly as it has in the past with the exception that sign-ups will be limited to Ambassador and Platinum Plus members instead of being open to the general public.

IOW, Ambassador and Platinum Plus members are NOT being given anything with this perk, NCL has simply taken it away from Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and any newbies who might have wanted to sign-up.

Does anyone even wonder which officer you would be having dinner with? Now it has moved to being a perk where as it use to be open to anyone whom went to guest service and put their room # down.

Yeah, I wonder about that too. We really enjoyed dinner with the Chief Engineer on the Gem. He looked like he was dreading the whole thing until we started talking about our favorite science fiction shows. I'd love to have another quiet dinner with some introverted techie.

It should work exactly as it has in the past with the exception that sign-ups will be limited to Ambassador and Platinum Plus members instead of being open to the general public.

IOW, Ambassador and Platinum Plus members are NOT being given anything with this perk, NCL has simply taken it away from Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and any newbies who might have wanted to sign-up.

We put our names in for dinner with an officer on nearly every cruise. It's done as a lottery usually since so many sign up. No matter which officer it has been, it always turns out to be a fun interesting night. Great perk as far as I am concerned!

All speculation of course, but if you were going to make a change, would you leave a small window for people to jump up their status where the whole idea of this one part of the change (the extra point for 9 months) is meant to STOP people from jumping up their levels so quickly?

In my opinion they were going to roll this out on the third of February, thus screwing all the people that are booking cruises JUST to get to platinum, or Ambassador as one current poster is doing. Think about that. They are doing 2 x 21 day cruises at 9 months out. If this was announced on the third, as I expect they planned, the poster would have needed to book 2 6 extra weeks of cruising. I am not for or against this cruiser, as they have given a lot of entertainment in this thread. I can tell you I wish I could cruise that much....

Just food for though (and more fodder for the thread).

I'm not rushing to book any cruises to get the extra points. I am Platinum and I don't see anything on the platinum plus that makes me want to rush to get there.

I just hate the way that NCL does changes without any notification.

This one is not as bad as some of the others but it is a pattern with them.

I don't like the limits on the platinum diners. I have spent 10s of thousands on NCL cruises and they are going to not allow a second $4 Appy on the free dinner.

Seem pretty short sighted on NCL's part.

I also wonder when using the free dinner at Cagneys if the sides are limited to 1 as it doesn't mention it.

Lois

It was never a guaranteed thing before. We tried signing up a few times on several sailings, never got "chosen" to participate. Haven't bothered the last few years.

It was never a guaranteed thing before. We tried signing up a few times on several sailings, never got "chosen" to participate. Haven't bothered the last few years.

Thats too bad. I've always been chosen. Perhaps you'll have better luck going forward.

I'm not rushing to book any cruises to get the extra points. I am Platinum and I don't see anything on the platinum plus that makes me want to rush to get there.

I just hate the way that NCL does changes without any notification.

This one is not as bad as some of the others but it is a pattern with them.

I don't like the limits on the platinum diners. I have spent 10s of thousands on NCL cruises and they are going to not allow a second $4 Appy on the free dinner.

Seem pretty short sighted on NCL's part.

I also wonder when using the free dinner at Cagneys if the sides are limited to 1 as it doesn't mention it.

Lois

I know when I had the 7 day udp they told us as many sides s we wanted

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know when I had the 7 day udp they told us as many sides s we wanted

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The UDP has had less restrictions than the platinum meal for some time now, at least since they went a la carte.

They are two different things and the rules for one are not an indication of what will happen for the other.

The platinum meal has been restricted to one starter and dessert, and they enforce that rule.

Having said that, I don't think they will restrict the sides to just one. The fact that it isn't stated in the small print, whilst the other restrictions are is an indication of this.

Edited by KeithJenner

It was mentioned on a FB post that this is going into effect in March. I have no idea if that's accurate.

Saw this on NCL site:

At Norwegian Cruise Line, we value and reward our loyal guests. We have listened to your feedback and have been working to enrich our Latitudes Rewards program. As such, we are excited to announce updates on all sailings from February 3, 2017.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program-enhancements

I'm not a high roller like you all, but I am still proud of my cruises taken. The email they sent showed me at a lower level than I am. But, when I logged on it showed my correct level. I talked to someone from NCL and he assured me I will keep my same level even though I'm now technically two points away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's the gifted "sparkling wine" likely to be ?

Drinkable?

As we had the drink package we gave ours away!! The usual recommendation from others is to add something like orange juice to it!!

We have forced ourselves to drink it in the past BUT!!

The other possibility is to say that you cannot take "bubbles" and ask for a bottle of the house red or white. Your room steward MAY be able to help. If you are in a suite then the butler can and will. Otherwise talk to the MDR Maitre d'.

So much cynicism, anxiety, hand-wringing, and complaining over enhancements to a cruise ship loyalty program. I've long contended that CC is dominated by passengers who hardly ever get off a ship, and all this noise confirms this. Geez people...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not a high roller like you all, but I am still proud of my cruises taken. The email they sent showed me at a lower level than I am. But, when I logged on it showed my correct level. I talked to someone from NCL and he assured me I will keep my same level even though I'm now technically two points away.

They don't appear to have updated the levels online yet (at least mine hasn't anyway), so that probably doesn't indicate anything.

Having said that, I also havent got an email either, so perhaps they just haven't done them all.

I would expect the website to change on the 3rd, as you would still be based on the old tiers if you were boarding in the next few days.

However, it is very clear that your current status is protected. It says so on the program details and has been confirmed elsewhere. There is even a Facebook post around where they specifically say that the emails were incorrect if they show a decreased level.

So much cynicism, anxiety, hand-wringing, and complaining over enhancements to a cruise ship loyalty program. I've long contended that CC is dominated by passengers who hardly ever get off a ship, and all this noise confirms this. Geez people...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well said. Some of the posts on this particular thread are quite amazing.

I have to say that this thread has been an eye opener.

I am surprised that latitudes points seem to be an influence on peoples booking decisions. I hadn't realised that this was the case before.

I do struggle to understand the comments where people say there is no incentive to stay loyal once they have reached the top level. Surely it's good to be at the top level and get the benefits, rather than to be working towards them.

I have to say that I was surprised by the announcement. I thought that it would really cut back on the benefits. If I had to guess I'd have said that the platinum benefits would have been really reduced and the new level to have been at a higher point level (my guess would have been 250).

They clearly needed to do something about the fact that platinum was so easy to reach. I thought that they would do it by reducing the benefits for platinum. That would have meant that lots of people would have lost out on more of their current benefits, and it's good that this hasn't happened generally.

It's unfortunate for those people who aren't there yet, as it has now got harder to do so, but that was always going to happen.

For a change that was needed, I am really surprised that they didn't cut back much more than this.

I would be silver during my next cruise ( I need 6 more points according to the site) so since my cruise is already booked will they honor that or will I just stay bronze? Not that it really matters since it will take me forever to get to gold, ,but still would like it to be honored.

Wow one whole bottle of water, that one seems like a joke...

I still find it amusing that when all this was announced on Friday, I was reading everyones reaction from a hotel room.

People were commenting about how the inclusion of bottled water as a perk was a disgrace for NCL, or, as you have said, some sort of joke.

Whilst reading these comments, I was drinking from the bottle of water that I receive from the hotel chain as a perk for my status through their loyalty scheme.

A year ago, I also used to get a complementary drink from the bar as well, but they silently removed that perk a few months ago. No emails or announcements or anything. They just stopped giving them.

Bottled water is, in my experience, a very common loyalty scheme perk.

I too find it amazing that folks are getting so upset about these changes.

As far as I can see every single level is better than it was before. Furthermore they have acted to correct the main criticisms of the previous scheme, i.e. it was too easy to get to top level and then there was nothing else to aim for after that.

I can understand some folks being irked that they are not getting to the next level as quickly as previously. However the flip side to that is once they do get there then it will be that bit more exclusive.

I would be silver during my next cruise ( I need 6 more points according to the site) so since my cruise is already booked will they honor that or will I just stay bronze? Not that it really matters since it will take me forever to get to gold, ,but still would like it to be honored.

If I understand you correctly, you are currently on 14 points, and are bronze. Under the old scheme, they points you would get from the upcoming cruise would take you above 20 points and you would therefore be silver for your next cruise.

However, as the points required for silver have now increased to 30 points, you are wondering whether you will still be made silver as the cruise was already booked.

Is that what you are saying? If so then the answer is almost certainly no. All that they have said is that they will still give the extra point for booking 9 months out if the cruise is already booked, and that you won't move down from a tier that you have already reached. You will have to hit the revised number of points to move up a tier though.