RCI cruiser with X questions please

39august

Due to our status on RCI we would be Elite on X. I am looking at an Equinox cruise this July and have several questions so if you can help, please do. With the premium drink package, is it possible to get a bottle of wine to take to your cabin? I prefer to finish an evening with a couple of glasses of wine on our balcony and a bottle is much handier than bar drinks. Does each Solstice class ship typically offer the wine and cheese lawn party with musical entertainment? A friend has done this and raved about it. Do sky suites get any suite perks and/or have access the Michael's Club? How is the buffet for dinner? Very limited? We have cruised many times and have been doing dinner in the Windjammer buffet on several ships instead of the MDR for the past 3 or so years. Faster, more casual, easier, etc. Many nights on RCI cruises there is a special set up for stir-fry, Italian night, sushi, or other themed entrees. Anything similar on X? Are there any Miami debarkation tours for those with later flights, like the Everglades tour? Thanks for any help.

Due to our status on RCI we would be Elite on X. I am looking at an Equinox cruise this July and have several questions so if you can help, please do. With the premium drink package, is it possible to get a bottle of wine to take to your cabin? I prefer to finish an evening with a couple of glasses of wine on our balcony and a bottle is much handier than bar drinks. Does each Solstice class ship typically offer the wine and cheese lawn party with musical entertainment? A friend has done this and raved about it. Do sky suites get any suite perks and/or have access the Michael's Club? How is the buffet for dinner? Very limited? We have cruised many times and have been doing dinner in the Windjammer buffet on several ships instead of the MDR for the past 3 or so years. Faster, more casual, easier, etc. Many nights on RCI cruises there is a special set up for stir-fry, Italian night, sushi, or other themed entrees. Anything similar on X? Are there any Miami debarkation tours for those with later flights, like the Everglades tour? Thanks for any help.

1. Drink packages are by the glass only

2. Yes, Sky Suites do get access to Michaels Club and Luminae

3. The buffet is very good. There are lots of choices. Always a pasta bar, pizza, meat carving and they will grill to order chicken, steak and salmon, different entrees etc. We usually do one night at the buffet and take it outside to dine al fresco.

Regarding the wine, you can bring two bottles onto the ship the day you board; you also will have a bottle of Champagne in your suite (one of the suite perks). The premium package gives you a discount on purchasing bottles of wine, but for no-extra-cost it is only good for glasses of wine costing $13 or less.

While the buffet has a decent selection, do consider trying Luminae - the dining room for suite guests. A good chunk of the premium you are paying for the suite is because of this perk. It is smart casual dress code every night, so no need to be too dressy. The food, service and ambiance are a nice step up from the main dining room.

Thanks so much for the information. I had forgotten about Luminae. This sounds like Coastal Kitchen on RCI's Oasis class ships.

It is, but I thought it was a step up from Coastal Kitchen. We were on the Harmony TA in a GS, so had CK access. It was good, but now that I've experienced both, prefer Luminae. Michael's Club is also very nice. We were also in a Sky Suite, and booked 2 more while on board.

Enjoy!

Whaty status on RCI gets you Elite on X ?

Jimbo:)

RCI and Celebrity have reciprocal status up to the level of Diamond and Elite.

So, if you are Diamond or higher on RCI, you will get the benefits of being elite when sailing on Celebrity ... and vice versa. Azamara is also in on the reciprocal benefits perk.

Thanks so much for the information. I had forgotten about Luminae. This sounds like Coastal Kitchen on RCI's Oasis class ships.

Also, we only have the 'bottom tier' status on Celebrity with regard to points earned with them, but all our paperwork for this one indicates us as Elite. Even called in to book the Internet package and they applied the Elite discount, so they seem to be on top of the status match. We'll know more in 24 or so days, once we're in our Sky Suite on Equinox.

So, if you are Diamond or higher on RCI, you will get the benefits of being elite when sailing on Celebrity ... and vice versa. Azamara is also in on the reciprocal benefits perk.

And Azamara and Celebrity have reciprocal points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Checked our reservations this morning, and indeed they have us down for Elite status. We are Diamond Plus on RCL. This will be our first Celebrity cruises when we do B2B in May.

If you are elite, X has the same happy hour that RCI has. For that reason, we never buy the overpriced drink packages, since our bar tab for a cruise of 14 days drops down to about $250 for both of us together.

Celebrity has a wine package where you can purchase 3, 5. or 7 bottles of wine for a discount, if you still want that extra. Also, we sometimes don't finish our wine for a meal and take it to our cabin or have the wine steward save your wine for the next night.