Opinions on Celebrity Edge silhouette

Drobot234

Hey!

I was curious to hear you guys' opinion on the silhouette of the new Celebrity Edge. The top decks seem to have many exotic forms and was wondering what they could be.

Here's a picture of the steel cutting showcasing the silhouette of this new ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=402706&stc=1&d=1485635089

Thanks!

Nic

441542.jpg.16dcc1453f570f19e8bd3a2c7a37587a.jpg

Hey!

I was curious to hear you guys' opinion on the silhouette of the new Celebrity Edge. The top decks seem to have many exotic forms and was wondering what they could be.

Here's a picture of the steel cutting showcasing the silhouette of this new ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=402706&stc=1&d=1485635089

Thanks!

Nic

We had a couple of threads on this at the time, I'm not going to get real excited over what looks like a fancy cardboard cutout. Wait until we see some real artists drawings. Quite frankly I can't tell the front from the back on this thing.

We had a couple of threads on this at the time, I'm not going to get real excited over what looks like a fancy cardboard cutout. Wait until we see some real artists drawings. Quite frankly I can't tell the front from the back on this thing.

Actually, that is a ceremonial cutout of the profile made in steel, not cardboard. Many ship builders cut this out to symbolize the cutting of "first steel". It also is a memento that the cruise line often displays in their offices.

Hey!

Thanks!

Nic

nowhere did the announcement say that the trophy represented what the new ship would look like. It is simply a commemoration of the event. There is no way Celeb would give away so much so soon, if Solstice was a guide.

nowhere did the announcement say that the trophy represented what the new ship would look like. It is simply a commemoration of the event. There is no way Celeb would give away so much so soon, if Solstice was a guide.

Cardboard or steel doesn't matter.

Cardboard or steel doesn't matter, not getting excited or making assumptions based upon a picture if it.

If you watch the video of the steel cutting, it is mentioned that the steel cutting represents the silhouette of the ship.

When is this tentatively scheduled to sail?

original announcement said Fall 2018. I'm sure they will start booking on or shortly after March cruise industry convention. So, get your chequebook warmed up....

Checked last week with Future Cruises desk on Silhouette. They had no info on when they could start booking Edge. Everything is a secret! For what it is worth - probably not much since no real info has been released- our butler told us that the Luminae restaurant and Michael's Club on Edge would be adjacent to or included on a deck near some of the suites. Not trying to spread a rumor here but just reporting his tidbit of info. It kind of makes sense if true.

Checked last week with Future Cruises desk on Silhouette. They had no info on when they could start booking Edge. Everything is a secret! For what it is worth - probably not much since no real info has been released- our butler told us that the Luminae restaurant and Michael's Club on Edge would be adjacent to or included on a deck near some of the suites. Not trying to spread a rumor here but just reporting his tidbit of info. It kind of makes sense if true.

There was a thread earlier this week from our former moderator that an announcement with details of the Edge will be made in March.

I think many of us are expecting more of a suite deck/area so they'll be no shocks there. We'll just have to wait and see if it transpires and if the rumoured 'far more suites onboard' is also a new feature ;).

I think many of us are expecting more of a suite deck/area so they'll be no shocks there. We'll just have to wait and see if it transpires and if the rumoured 'far more suites onboard' is also a new feature ;).

I just hope that they do not go the way of Norwegians "Haven" with separate pool for suites, removing the Solarium. If they use the current Solarium area for that they will certainly take the edge from our cruising schedule. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." JMHO

I just hope that they do not go the way of Norwegians "Haven" with separate pool for suites, removing the Solarium. If they use the current Solarium area for that they will certainly take the edge from our cruising schedule. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." JMHO

Agree and I had heard that as a rumor, I don't believe rumors but keep them in mind. If that were the case, you would never see me on an Edge ship as I am a melanoma patient and look forward to my time in the Solarium.

When they built Reflection it had more suites than the previous S-Class ships so the trend (?) is there for more suites anyway based upon the last ship launched - but not convinced about the "haven" concept - we will just need to wait..