Aft Cabins on the Coral Princess

Cras108er

Any one have any experience staying in the aft cabins on the Coral Princess? I know they are a long way from everything, but are there any benefit to these? The Coral Princess does not have any rear facing cabins, but they do have a corner (uncovered) cabin at the very rear of each deck (port and starboard). The cabin(s) next to it is covered. Anyone have any experience that they would be willing to share?

Any one have any experience staying in the aft cabins on the Coral Princess? I know they are a long way from everything, but are there any benefit to these? The Coral Princess does not have any rear facing cabins, but they do have a corner (uncovered) cabin at the very rear of each deck (port and starboard). The cabin(s) next to it is covered. Anyone have any experience that they would be willing to share?

We have sailed on the Coral Princess many times. We have stayed in aft section cabins quite a few times as well. The last was in Oct 15 in Emerald 734. The in-laws were in E-736 (aft corner). These 2 cabins are similar to what you are talking about. In the photo its the lower deck where the 2 people are standing. It's a great location as there this aft viewing area just steps from those cabins. I have included a picture of the aft of Coral Princess. There are several aft viewing areas on each deck. That's an excellent feature of the Coral Princess.

Also check out this website on the Coral.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

photo-e.jpg

We cruised 17 days in B731. It's not a balcony but is an aft-facing Ocean View cabin. If you look at the picture Keith posted of the stern of Coral Princess you can see someone standing at the rail of the aft viewing deck. Our cabin window looked out onto that viewing deck.

In the day with only the sheer curtains closed I found it impossible to see into our cabin from outside. I tried several times and it was totally private but we could see out just fine. Pretty cool. At night if people were out there we did need to close the blackout curtains for privacy but we had that huge deck available about 12 steps from our cabin door. It was hardly used by passengers (except of course on Canal Day!) so it was like having a huge balcony almost all to ourselves. There were maybe 8 - 10 loungers at the most and they were generally empty. There was a giant lightning storm at sea one night and it was awesome to be right there looking out over the sea.

The motion of the ship wasn't an issue for us at all and we really enjoyed the location. One bonus of being all the way aft is that we did a lot of walking. We also used the stairs most of the time so, between the distance we walked back and forth getting places and the exercise on the stairs I gained exactly zero pounds on the 17 day cruise. :)

We cruised 17 days in B731. It's not a balcony but is an aft-facing Ocean View cabin. If you look at the picture Keith posted of the stern of Coral Princess you can see someone standing at the rail of the aft viewing deck. Our cabin window looked out onto that viewing deck.

In the day with only the sheer curtains closed I found it impossible to see into our cabin from outside. I tried several times and it was totally private but we could see out just fine. Pretty cool. At night if people were out there we did need to close the blackout curtains for privacy but we had that huge deck available about 12 steps from our cabin door. It was hardly used by passengers (except of course on Canal Day!) so it was like having a huge balcony almost all to ourselves. There were maybe 8 - 10 loungers at the most and they were generally empty. There was a giant lightning storm at sea one night and it was awesome to be right there looking out over the sea.

The motion of the ship wasn't an issue for us at all and we really enjoyed the location. One bonus of being all the way aft is that we did a lot of walking. We also used the stairs most of the time so, between the distance we walked back and forth getting places and the exercise on the stairs I gained exactly zero pounds on the 17 day cruise. :)

Thank you to both of you for the feedback. We actually ended up with 723 on the Dolphin deck, which is the cabin next to the end on Dolphin deck. I think it will allow us to experience the benefits of the corner deck, without having to deal with it being uncovered. We're going to the Canal during the early part of the rainy season, and also will have some shade to protect us from the heat.

We've never been so far aft. We tend to get cabins in the Lido deck, so being so fa from everything will take some getting used to. As with everything, there are pluses and minuses. Your posts help me see that the minuses should be (if nothing else) bearable. Thanks!

We like that area of the ship as quiet back there with not a lot of people traffic. There is quick access to the aft elevators & stairs and go down 2 or 3 decks to Promenade or Fiesta, and have easy access to everthing. We have stayed on Baja, in the front and and like that area too, especially if you like the motion of the ocean.

Enjoy your trip as it's our favortie ship.

Thank you to both of you for the feedback. We actually ended up with 723 on the Dolphin deck, which is the cabin next to the end on Dolphin deck. I think it will allow us to experience the benefits of the corner deck, without having to deal with it being uncovered. We're going to the Canal during the early part of the rainy season, and also will have some shade to protect us from the heat.

We've never been so far aft. We tend to get cabins in the Lido deck, so being so fa from everything will take some getting used to. As with everything, there are pluses and minuses. Your posts help me see that the minuses should be (if nothing else) bearable. Thanks!

You can touch the walls of the canal from your balcony in the Gatun Locks.

?ui=2&ik=c879cfcfbb&view=fimg&th=159eac068be11408&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-aavgHWeLgWdiCLaTaFggKNFNwc3p96euS5scxktX9M8nF-AerAFpWBOJe-7rqCvLT5I4hGUrqKHhwNaZH2i61d8BABEZoUPg13UJoaZy2Y6wASQc9qzAPphY&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1485702216846&rm=159eac068be11408&zw&atsh=1

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Been on the Coral twice, both times on the Caribe deck, C728 and C727. These are the last mini-suites aft on that deck. Though the balcony for those 2 cabins are uncovered, it posed no problem for us. Yes, these cabins are a distance from the theater or the Horizon Court, but not a great distance as the Coral is not a huge ship. Besides, a little extra walking will be good exercise after eating all of that food they serve you.

Some people say that they are bothered by vibrations, we were not and usually did not notice any vibrations.

If you look closely to the image that was provided in a earlier post, you can see loungers on the aft balcony of the Baja and Caribe decks. Nice place to hang out and except for canal day it usually doesn't have many people there.

Would we book a aft cabin on the Coral again.......YES!

We were three couples in the aft cabins for Alaska in 2015. They were great for viewing the glaciers and almost nobody knew about them so we were alone much of the time. We also had Princess open the barriers between our balconies and that extended our viewing possibilities. The last cabin does not have protection from the rain or aunt, but has better viewing, so you have to decide which is more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all. I have heard a couple primary complaints: motion of the ocean, vibration, distance from everything, and soot. Doesn't sound like any of these were concerns. Looks being n Dolphin deck means we don't get loungers on the rear viewing area, but it is easy enough that go up to Caribe or Baja.

One more question. Are Dolphin balconies the ones that are half coverd and half uncovered? I remember looking king down into some cabins lik that on my last cruise (from a standard balcony).

Soot has never been a problem on Princess ships other than the new ships. The problem was first reported on Royal and I "think" they took steps to remedy it somewhat. I don't know if they got it totally fixed or not. Not sure if it was a problem on Regal or not.

From the Dolphin deck? I don't remember being low enough when we sailed last year, and we were in D631.

Yes some of the aft side cabins on Dolphin are still within the wall as it slopes down the hill for the locomotives to travel.

We had friends above us on Dolphin.

Your cabin is too far forward.

• 1 year later...
Thanks all. I have heard a couple primary complaints: motion of the ocean, vibration, distance from everything, and soot. Doesn't sound like any of these were concerns. Looks being n Dolphin deck means we don't get loungers on the rear viewing area, but it is easy enough that go up to Caribe or Baja.

One more question. Are Dolphin balconies the ones that are half coverd and half uncovered? I remember looking king down into some cabins lik that on my last cruise (from a standard balcony).

Cras108er:

Hi did you end up staying on Dolphin Aft on your cruise? We're there vibrations?

We had a D-7XX series mini twice on the Coral to Alaska and a C-7XX series mini once on the Island thru the Panama Canal. These are located as far aft as you can go so they are private and quiet. We were never bothered by any vibrations. Those on Dolphin deck have fully covered balconies; those on Caribe have partially covered. Minis in those locations are steps away from the public viewing decks on the stern. The Caribe deck is deeper and has lounge chairs (or did - we haven't been on the Coral or Island in a number of years). The Dolphin deck is smaller and does not. Make sure you take advantage of the aft deck as you go thru the locks - it is a fascinating perspective and you might have the area all to yourself since most passengers aren't aware of them.

• 1 month later...

Now that your cruise is over, can you give us an update on your Aft Cabin selection?

Any engine noise or vibration in your cabin?

You can touch the walls of the canal from your balcony in the Gatun Locks.

?ui=2&ik=c879cfcfbb&view=fimg&th=159eac068be11408&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-aavgHWeLgWdiCLaTaFggKNFNwc3p96euS5scxktX9M8nF-AerAFpWBOJe-7rqCvLT5I4hGUrqKHhwNaZH2i61d8BABEZoUPg13UJoaZy2Y6wASQc9qzAPphY&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1485702216846&rm=159eac068be11408&zw&atsh=1

Definitely can touch from that cabin on Emerald deck. The only drawback I can recall is the door to the rear viewing area being opened/closed and sometimes slamming. But that's a small thing, and if you're on your balcony it won't bother you. Great location overall