Summer 2018 Prices

Winters Gate

We are looking at a Medcruise summer 2018 but the Oceania prices seems very high, when you ad tips and drinks it´s the same as a comparable Seabourn cruise!

I know that the cruisefare on Oceania is likely to go down, but why are they playing this games?

Why are they punish the loyal customers who book their cruise early?

We are looking at a Medcruise summer 2018 but the Oceania prices seems very high, when you ad tips and drinks it´s the same as a comparable Seabourn cruise!

I know that the cruisefare on Oceania is likely to go down, but why are they playing this games?

If you book your cruise and prices go down before final payment..you can always get the new fare, IF there is still space left in the category you want..

Jancruz1

If you book your cruise and prices go down before final payment..you can always get the new fare, IF there is still space left in the category you want..

Jancruz1

Yes I know it´s possible to get the new fare, we did receive that on our last cruise BUT there is no guarantees, it might happen or maybe not, and as you say, before final payment, still space in category and so on.You also have to be active and look for price reductions, contact your TA and in the end you nerver no what you gonna get!

I just don't get that marketing strategy, playing cat and mouse with loyal customers.

Yes I know it´s possible to get the new fare, we did receive that on our last cruise BUT there is no guarantees, it might happen or maybe not, and as you say, before final payment, still space in category and so on.You also have to be active and look for price reductions, contact your TA and in the end you nerver no what you gonna get!

I just don't get that marketing strategy, playing cat and mouse with loyal customers.

Almost every cruise line changes pricing along the way..I find Oceania no different..In fact they seem to hold their prices longer than most and just add amenites....Also I have found there are no guarantees in life in anything

Jancruz1

Maybe with the new management back

they will go back to the old days where the prices rise closer to sailing & less GTY & W/L cabins

JMO

I dislike all the games they play now

The old days had the old economy

-and if you can arrange to bring us back there, I can promise you a spanking trade :D

It is the same as a comparable regent cruise too, when you add in drinks, tips, excursions, and a comparable suite. I figured it out. Oceania is not about saving money. To get a comparable experience, you will pay the same or more.

It is the same as a comparable regent cruise too, when you add in drinks, tips, excursions, and a comparable suite. I figured it out. Oceania is not about saving money. To get a comparable experience, you will pay the same or more.

Many of us have done the same math and agree with you.

It's pretty close but not quite. Oceania is still cheaper.

+1

Especially if you don't drink.

Yes, certainly. And also if you do your own excursions....and if you already have pre-paid gratuities....and if you have shipboard credit. Actually, it's not close. Oceania is still cheaper.

Edited by JVNYC

Yes, certainly. And also if you do your own excursions....and if you already have pre-paid gratuities....and if you have shipboard credit. Actually, it's not close. Oceania is still cheaper.

Agreed. We often have more OBC that we know what to do with - use it for shore excursions and buying gifts for family or ourselves (jewelry, clothing, etc). Sometimes there are 2 PPGs which we also get as OBC; also spa credit and O Life with shorex, free internet, etc

I see the difference as we now have a sailing coming up (on Seabourn), which is more expensive than O to begin with, and we do not have any OBC and have to pay for all the shorexs and internet. Turns out much more than a comparable O cruise. I suspect that might be the case for Regent as well - all things considered and added up (although I am not going to do math now :D)

I do realize that some of this is because of our loyalty status which we do not have on those other lines, but that is part of the equation for us.

Edited by Paulchili

I did not compare Oceania to Regent as we don't do tours, I did compare a 12 day Medcruise on Oceania Riviera PH witch would cost us about €6800 with tips and drink package to an 11 day Medcruise on Seabourn witch would cost us €6500.

We do love the Oceania product and will be happy to sail again, I just finding it strange that a premium line try to charge luxury line prices, on the other hand we have not sailed Seabourn it might be that there is no differens or maybe the Oceania product is even better, but why are they then calling them selfs "upper premium" and not luxury if they think they are comparable to the ones who call them selfs luxury lines?

I did not compare Oceania to Regent as we don't do tours, I did compare a 12 day Medcruise on Oceania Riviera PH witch would cost us about €6800 with tips and drink package to an 11 day Medcruise on Seabourn witch would cost us €6500.

We do love the Oceania product and will be happy to sail again, I just finding it strange that a premium line try to charge luxury line prices, on the other hand we have not sailed Seabourn it might be that there is no differens or maybe the Oceania product is even better, but why are they then calling them selfs "upper premium" and not luxury if they think they are comparable to the ones who call them selfs luxury lines?

Seabourn has considerably lowered their summer Mediterranean prices as compared to years prior. I guess people don't want to pay those prices....and they were high. Oceania dining is what wins me every time.....so many choices and everything is open all the time!! You never have to wonder if something is closed. Seabourn has issues with that. Restaurants are closed for lunch on ports days, etc. I don't want to be bothered with that.

This might be the perfect opportunity for your to explore Seabourn and see how it compares to Oceania for you overall.

Perhaps you'll find that you will like Seabourn even better than O?

Enjoy whichever you decide to take.

This might be the perfect opportunity for your to explore Seabourn and see how it compares to Oceania for you overall.

Perhaps you'll find that you will like Seabourn even better than O?

Enjoy whichever you decide to take.

For me it would be nice to try something new even though I don't like Seabourns thing with closed MDR for lunch, the hard part will be to convince my wife to change cruise line , it is probably not doable at all I`m afraid:).

I have to admit i made a misstake by not booking onboard Riviera before we left her a week ago, as I understand it they have a "best price guarantee" if you book onboard.

Oceania also have a US250 Shipboard credit for booking early now i believe.

If we go with this Oceania cruise it will be our 5th and we will become bronzemembers do we then get at US200 Shipbordcredit or is that on the next one?

For me it would be nice to try something new even though I don't like Seabourns thing with closed MDR for lunch, the hard part will be to convince my wife to change cruise line , it is probably not doable at all I`m afraid:).

I have to admit i made a misstake by not booking onboard Riviera before we left her a week ago, as I understand it they have a "best price guarantee" if you book onboard.

Oceania also have a US250 Shipboard credit for booking early now i believe.

If we go with this Oceania cruise it will be our 5th and we will become bronzemembers do we then get at US200 Shipbordcredit or is that on the next one?

It is on the next cruise after you become Bronze.

Seabourn is very nice and has a very loyal following - perhaps your wife can reconsider and try something new? Otherwise you'll never know :D

Edited by Paulchili

Many of us have done the same math and agree with you.

Oceania is about choice

The choice not to pay for alcohol you will not drink and ship excursions you will never take .....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bitob

Oceania is about choice

The choice not to pay for alcohol you will not drink and ship excursions you will never take .....

bitob, how did you enjoy Seabourn Encore as compared to Oceania? Was the food as good or better? Would love to hear your comparison and if you have a new favorite line. I'm very curious about trying Encore in 2018 but just booked Riviera again....I just can't seem to break away from Oceania....and that's a good thing!

bitob, how did you enjoy Seabourn Encore as compared to Oceania? Was the food as good or better? Would love to hear your comparison and if you have a new favorite line. I'm very curious about trying Encore in 2018 but just booked Riviera again....I just can't seem to break away from Oceania....and that's a good thing!

We were on odyssey

Food was good but less variety because only 450 passengers

Unlimited caviar divine

Oceania food wins overall

Fellow passengers nice and friendly

Best baristas at sea They have these chocolate sticks that melt in your latte.....

Trivia was fun

Service much better on o

Many service failures on my cruise. We asked that our room stewardess be changed

Bread and pastries far better on o

My wife played bridge and enjoyed it. We loved seabourn square

We were in a verandah cabin.

There are no butlers for any cabin category

We really missed having a butler. You have to leave a note for cabin stewardess if you want something and share room service with everyone on ship. Leads to long wAits for even small things

O is our first choice but we will sail on seabourn to antRctica in feb 18 and would consider seabourn if itinerary intrigued us. They have some great itineraries

We were on odyssey

Food was good but less variety because only 450 passengers

Unlimited caviar divine

Oceania food wins overall

Fellow passengers nice and friendly

Best baristas at sea They have these chocolate sticks that melt in your latte.....

Trivia was fun

Service much better on o

Many service failures on my cruise. We asked that our room stewardess be changed

Bread and pastries far better on o

My wife played bridge and enjoyed it. We loved seabourn square

We were in a verandah cabin.

There are no butlers for any cabin category

We really missed having a butler. You have to leave a note for cabin stewardess if you want something and share room service with everyone on ship. Leads to long wAits for even small things

O is our first choice but we will sail on seabourn to antRctica in feb 18 and would consider seabourn if itinerary intrigued us. They have some great itineraries

Glad to hear you had a great cruise....and very happy to hear O is still your first choice!

Have I understood it right that you have to pay 6 cruises to get 5 Cruise credit then?

The bronze level OBC of $200 should show on your invoice for the 5th cruise, same section with the O'life and internet benefits.