Anyone renew a passport recently?

Luvmyrotti

We leave on the Crown for a B2B in the Caribbean in just over six weeks. Our passports expire in June 2017. I know we can travel with a birth certificate and state-issued photo ID as back up, but I may just bite the bullet and send our passports off for renewal. Has anyone renewed their passport recently and can share the wait-time for it to be returned?

We leave on the Crown for a B2B in the Caribbean in just over six weeks. Our passports expire in June 2017. I know we can travel with a birth certificate and state-issued photo ID as back up, but I may just bite the bullet and send our passports off for renewal. Has anyone renewed their passport recently and can share the wait-time for it to be returned?

I've been hearing the turn around is two weeks too. Our passports expired last month. As you can see, we're leaving in two months. We just sent ours in fo renewal on January 17th. I'm expecting them back any day now.

Renewed in November, arrived in two weeks

My husband renewed his in August and received his new passport 2 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine took 3 weeks....rejected first time because of non allowed photo (have them taken by a professional....CVS Pharmacy did mine and they were allowed). They're real picky about the size and background of the photo.

We lived in Miami and by mail was a whole lot faster than waiting in the huge line at the passport office downtown.

My husband & I mailed in our passport renewal applications on Jan 6. His passport was issued Jan 17 and he received it in the mail Jan 25. My passport was issued Jan 22 and I received it Jan 27.

DO NOT USE A COMMERCIAL PHOTO SHOP FOR YOUR US PASSPORT PHOTOS. Make an appointment and have everything done at your local Post Office. They charge a small fee for the photo and I have never heard of their photos being rejected by the US State Department. They will also process your application and ship it out for you. Be sure you make an appointment as most offices do not handle walk-ins. Just go to USPS to determine where you need to apply as not every post office is authorized to handle passports. The whole process took me 13 days.